Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats Disabled - Technical Update

Collapse
X

Stats Disabled - Technical Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stats Disabled - Technical Update

    Greetings!

    Mooney here, bringing you folks a technical update courtesy of some of our engineers...

    After launching stats and it running for a few hours, a steady increase in the amount of data being written to the database per second began to increase even more. This started really taxing the database server's volume to the point that the volumes I/O operations became held up, those requests queued up on the disk and eventually overwhelmed it completely stopping the stats from coming through.

    We currently have gone over all our data surrounding this issue and are re-provisioning the database to not only handle this load but potential handle much much more than we saw today. We are also looking at ways to better prevent this from happening again and ensure it doesn't affect any other services if it does.
    I will update you folks with more info as I have it, but we want to ensure you folks have the best play experience. And the stats will be backfilled for the period we are disabled as well as...Wednesday :)
    Last edited by [EPIC] Mooney; 10-12-2017, 06:19 PM.

  • #2
    Forget the stats, like honestly, optimisation first.

    FPS Drops, is that getting fixed?

    Comment


    • #3
      we need old trees graphics !! a lot of us cant even play right now because of FPS drops.

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree with LiveCell. The FPS Drops have been quite annoying.

        Comment


        • #5
          Agreed man please just FOCUS ON THE LAG

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Brock864 View Post
            I agree with LiveCell. The FPS Drops have been quite annoying.
            It's such a pain! I check for updates and its about stats, great team and all but just need to focus on the FPS more and so-forth. Just randomly ruins the mood of the game, haha.

            Comment


            • #7
              What PC do you guys have to become fps drops ?
              my pc is **** and i dont have fps drops ... stable 60-90 fps

              fx8350 8x4 ghz
              gtx 960 2gb
              16gb ram 1866mhz

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LiveCell View Post
                Forget the stats, like honestly, optimisation first.

                FPS Drops, is that getting fixed?
                This is becoming a huge issue and if they keep ignoring it. This game will die easily...
                Pls Fix the FPS Drop!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KunnyKunt View Post

                  This is becoming a huge issue and if they keep ignoring it. This game will die easily...
                  Pls Fix the FPS Drop!!
                  I agree 100%!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The game won't die.
                    It's just going to get negative reviews, poor performance and bad word-of-mouth press.

                    While it won't die, it won't grow to it's potential and as great as it was.
                    That's almost negligent.

                    I can see how they kept to their schedule/plan, they have probably had 1.7.1 in development for a while, finished it off and are (hopefully) now working on the fix for the FPS issues.

                    To note team, I turned the SOUND QUALITY to LOW (was on high) and noticed a 5-15 FPS increase. give it a go

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DeusLeth View Post
                      The game won't die.
                      It's just going to get negative reviews, poor performance and bad word-of-mouth press.

                      While it won't die, it won't grow to it's potential and as great as it was.
                      That's almost negligent.

                      I can see how they kept to their schedule/plan, they have probably had 1.7.1 in development for a while, finished it off and are (hopefully) now working on the fix for the FPS issues.

                      To note team, I turned the SOUND QUALITY to LOW (was on high) and noticed a 5-15 FPS increase. give it a go
                      Oh yeah? Never thought about SQ. I reduced it, hopefully that makes a difference. Hopefully the FPS fix is much quicker than for a while, due to 50% of the playerbase expecting these issues

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Are the stats backfill pending still?
                        I have the umbrella but it shows 0 wins...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GADawg View Post
                          Are the stats backfill pending still?
                          I have the umbrella but it shows 0 wins...
                          I have a feeling those stats are gone.

                          I was keeping a running tab of my wins before stats were implemented and they shorted me about 5 wins on PS4 and 3 on PC which is no big deal as long as they stay right moving forward.

                          Like you I have the umbrella on the PC with showing 0 wins.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hello, tsince yesterday after 3 weeks of playing Fortnite battle royal i get this message PROBLEM OCCURED : you where removed from the match due to your IP , VPN . machine, or cheating.We are recommended not utilizing VPN or PROXY services while attempting to play FORTNITE . WHAT IS THIS ?I NEVER USSED ANY HACK or something like THIS !

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Petrik39 View Post
                              Hello, tsince yesterday after 3 weeks of playing Fortnite battle royal i get this message PROBLEM OCCURED : you where removed from the match due to your IP , VPN . machine, or cheating.We are recommended not utilizing VPN or PROXY services while attempting to play FORTNITE . WHAT IS THIS ?I NEVER USSED ANY HACK or something like THIS !
                              If you are using VPN that might be the case. They've prohibited playing through VPN, to stop recurring hackers.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Hey guys i just won a game and it said I didn’t get a win and it said stats last recorded was 1 day ago how do I fix that

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  My PS4 account dj4031 is accessed to a to a epic games account that I don't have can you disconnect it

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Reduction of lag

                                    Hello,

                                    This post is dedicated for those who suffer from lag and high ping, NoPing is software that greatly optimizes your gameplay.

                                    With unique technology, NoPing Tunnel traces the best route to the server of your favorite online game.

                                    Gaining up to 50% improvement depending on your internet!

                                    Test for 3 days for free, if you register at the link below:

                                    nopi.ng/forum

                                    Watch the video below with and without NoPing!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      i won a game on solo and i didn't get the win. It says stats last recorded 3 days ago. how do i fix this?

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X