FPS Issues? Report Them Here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS Issues? Report Them Here

Have you experienced overall lower FPS since the Fortnitemares update? If so, please PM a community coordinator with the following info:
    • Username
    • Platform
    • Map Location
    • Region

List of Community Coordinators collecting information:
    • Forums : [EPIC] MrPopoTFS
    • Forums : [EPIC] S-LG
    • Forums : [EPIC] Flak
      Discord : [EPIC] Flak

One more thing, if you do experience FPS drops while playing please navigate to the Main Menu and submit a feedback ticket. You can choose to either describe your experience and mention FPS drops or simply submit the ticket with the text "FPS Drops"

BTW, here is some more context on what we are currently looking into and getting in for 1.8.1 next week.

address GPU spikes seen in Greasy Grove/Pleasant Park
    • amortized shadow map update is now in for 1.8.1 (FORT-58749)
    • turn off shadow casting on spot/point lights in the affected areas for 1.8.1 (FORT-58433)
    • not a regression as far as we can tell
    address sync load problems causing hitches
    • added more assets to our async preload list in 1.8.1
    • continuing to investigate other assets that might be missing
    • verifying which parts regressed and how we can change process to catch before ship
    continued investigation of reports
    • gathering repro info so we can see if problems are because of the above items, or something separate
    • gathering match info so we can collect server logs and see if that's the culprit

Comment

In Fortnite BR, I was getting FPS drops whenever looking at a big tree. 1.8 fixed that. But in 1.8 every couple of minutes there is 20 second period where the FPS drops to 4. Other than that it runs fine over 40 FPS. I'm on the lowest settings on a laptop with these specs:

800x600 WindowedFullscreen
      Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
      Windows 10
      8GB RAM
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Whenever the FPS drops, I look at the log and it says a bunch of:
      [2017.10.27-19.46.40:157][792]LogAudio:Warning: Waited 70.042419ms for audio thread.
      [2017.10.27-19.46.40:198][792]LogAudio:Warning: Waited 111.020905ms for audio thread.
      [2017.10.27-19.46.40:233][792]LogAudio:Warning: Waited 146.235626ms for audio thread.
      [2017.10.27-19.46.40:268][792]LogAudio:Warning: Waited 181.320084ms for audio thread.
      [2017.10.27-19.46.40:303][792]LogAudio:Warning: Waited 216.419632ms for audio thread.
      [2017.10.27-19.46.40:338][792]LogAudio:Warning: Waited 251.605667ms for audio thread.
      [2017.10.27-19.46.40:338][792]LogAudio:Warning: Waited 251.871857ms for audio thread.

as well as
      [2017.10.27-19.32.25:654][ 58]LogScriptCore:Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index -1 from array SamplePoints of length 16!
      [2017.10.27-19.32.25:654][ 58]LogScriptCore:Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index -1 from array SamplePoints of length 11!
      [2017.10.27-19.32.25:654][ 58]LogScriptCore:Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index -1 from array SamplePoints of length 11!
      [2017.10.27-19.32.25:655][ 58]LogScriptCore:Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index -1 from array SamplePoints of length 11!
      [2017.10.27-19.32.25:656][ 58]LogScriptCore:Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index -1 from array SamplePoints of length 41!
      [2017.10.27-19.32.25:656][ 58]LogScriptCore:Warning: Script Msg: Attempted to access index -1 from array SamplePoints of length 41!

Comment

Same as N1gt1g, in 1.8 i got fps drops every couple of minutes during some seconds, for no apparent reasons.
        I can add that the purple storm effect in the sky (the one that moves like a lava lamp) also drop fps down, only when it's at a certain distance like a LOD bug.

Core i5 3.4ghz
        GTX 970
        8gb ram
        Win10
        Playing with epic settings, AA high, 1080p resolution

Great game ;)

Comment

PS4 also has FPS issues but unfortunately unable to send any logs :(

Comment

• IIDeFFII commented
            Editing a comment
            Tries to restore the "Database" in the console.

1 - With PS4 4 off, press and hold the power button on the console. You will hear a sound when you press the button and another sound 7 seconds later. Release the button after the second sound;

2 - Connect the DualShock 4 to the console using a USB cable and press the PS button.

3 - Select option 5. "Rebuild database". The database of your PS4 will be rebuilt. During this process, some operating system problems can be repaired.

Some games get better after doing this.

The lag problem is trees graphic

Comment

AMD Ryzen R7 1700x CPU
            Asus Rog Strix 1080 TI 11gb GDDR5X OC edition Gfx Card
            32gb DDR4 3200 Ram
            250GB SSD - OS
            500GB SSD - Main Programs
            3x 500gb SSD's - Games
            Asus 7.1 Channel sound card
            Asus Rog Strix x370-F Gaming Motherboard

Main notes on Fps drops as observed around cities and other various area's

FPS - Typical 200fps Epic Settings

Greasy Grove depending on which way I swing camera I can notice a 20 - 50 fps drop off but quickly recovers mainly near edge of town and direct center.

Pleasantville I notice the biggest issue when multiple people are in town(beginning drop point) more then likely due to building destruction around 30 fps drop off

Retail row Doesn't seem to be as much but I do get a 10 - 15 fps drop off on occasion. specially when moving towards the south end.

Another drop point is wailing woods at the heavy tree area of around 35- 45 fps drop.

I will continue to document and experiment inside of Battle Royale to provide even more info on this matter.

Cheers guys, and nice work out there!

IGN: Deimeter
            Discord: Deimeter

Comment

By forcing on grass, you destroyed low-end pc.I would say that this was a good thing for competitivity but not for gameplay.
              you can add a grass graphic leveler.
              Also FPS Drops when looking on open areas, around 10 FPS
              I have a mid-range PC and playing on medium.
              this Pc can play battlefield 1 on medium without hiccups.
              now that I mentioned hiccups, minute after minute for a second you can get 0 FPS and the 30~ weird.

Comment

• nxlep commented
                Editing a comment
                yea the grass sucks, i have 20-30 fps, on
                ResolutionSizeX=640
                ResolutionSizeY=480
                please fix this epicgame :(

Originally posted by P3zZeR8 View Post
              PS4 also has FPS issues but unfortunately unable to send any logs :(
              + Have original PS4, not a slim/pro, in last update have FPS issues, not like 30fps, game lagging like 15-20 FPS. On update 1.7 game working stable

Comment

Why is fortnite so garbage now!?!! I jsed to be able to actually play now i can't qay to go fortnite you lost a customer. Nobody is trying to wait 40 god **** minutes to play your wannabe game.

Comment

qasim556
                  PC
                  everywhere
                  EU

why do i get 20-35 fps on minimum settings with a geforce 750ti and amd a6-7400k, 8gb ram

Comment

I am getting horrible FPS just about anywhere there’s a decent amount of activity. Xbox1- North America- ScreenName= Go0OdVibes .
                    also I fing love the game. Great Job Epic.

Comment

Please make it that LOW settings for textures or effects WON'T SHOW THE STORM in the sky because it really makes my FPS lags. thanks :D

Comment

Username:Fieris
                        Major fps drops when looking at purple clouds. 50+fps while there is none, 20fps when clouds appear. Ability to turn off purple clouds should solve this for low end users.
                        Last edited by Fieris; 10-31-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

2017-11-02 Patch 1.27 - uncapped frame rate for PS4 and PS4Pro, Xbox and Mac.

Battle Royale team! Do you realize what you just did with this uncap of FPS? YOU JUST MADE THE BEST GAME FOR CONSOLES!

For 400$ (ps4 pro) that stunning graphic and uncapped FPS and possibility to play with mouse and keyboard which is rare on consoles, and free multiplayer = BEST GAME EVER!

Please, never change it back and keep it like this! I didn't even notice any imput lags. Only PS4 Pro is more noisy! But who cares!

MANY THANKS Battle Royale team!!!

Best Regards,
                          Last edited by Quaxoo; 11-02-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X