Potential for More Maintenance Throughout the Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential for More Maintenance Throughout the Weekend

Due to the enormous amount of players playing Fortnite this weekend, this database issue we experienced today may occur again.

In that case, we will temporarily disable logins while we investigate and resolve the issue. After the issue is resolved we will start letting players back in. Fortnite is growing at an incredible pace, these are good problems to have!

Not a good problem if you player base leaves because of it, I was in a queue for 35 mins then the controller disconnects and it did not recognize I turned it back on. I love the game and think you have done a great job, but I won't stick around when PUBG comes out if these issue keep happening.

Comment

• OliTokurKlozoff commented
      Editing a comment
      or the console shuts down because of inactivity.

If you may just need a faster fast action database xP

Comment

Kelach: This is an online game in its early access stage. To ragequit it because something happened to its database due to huge amount of players crashing in... Not sure if serious, mate.
      Unrelated: PUBG isn't even worth it.

Comment

I question why in these cases paying players don't get some kind of "first in line" rule. This isn't the first time I sit in a queue waiting to log in wondering why i'm paying to play this game while the free players are hogging up the servers?!?!
        It should be a dead simple thought for the server to "shut off" access to free play in time of server need.
        Last edited by d00msay3r3; 10-28-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Editing a comment
          I agree completely. There should be a separation of server space or allocated servers for PvE and PvP. there is no reason I should have any wait time to play PvE. it's ridiculous. My queue time is close to 6 hrs. If you buy the game you should be buying a dedicated spot to play PvE if you want to go play PvP with the other players who for the most part haven't purchased the game and have a small queue then I can accept that. But I can not accept a queue for PvE. If not fixed soon it may be time to demand a full refund of all purchases through PlayStation from Epic. Fortnite may be a lemon no worth squeezing. Then wait for the full free version to release or jump on with PUBG when it drops. Plain and simple take care of the ones who you've already taken $$$ from. Not the potential customers who may or may not buy your game before free to play launch in 2018. Your priorities are all screwed up.
          Last edited by OliTokurKlozoff; 10-28-2017, 05:22 PM.

How about splitting the game for good so my PvE experience isn't complete and utter garbage due to some PvP I have absolutely no interest in at all?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDweller View Post
          Kelach: This is an online game in its early access stage. To ragequit it because something happened to its database due to huge amount of players crashing in... Not sure if serious, mate.
          Unrelated: PUBG isn't even worth it.
          I'm serious, if the issues keep happening why would I keep playing. Developers I am sure would prefer honesty, rather than people giving a pass because it is early access. I would as a business because it gives me chance to seriously invest and then compete in the future. It is an incredible game and I want to see it to succeed!

Comment

I just hope we will have a giveaway for that ..;

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] S-LG View Post
              Due to the enormous amount of players playing Fortnite this weekend, this database issue we experienced today may occur again.

In that case, we will temporarily disable logins while we investigate and resolve the issue. After the issue is resolved we will start letting players back in. Fortnite is growing at an incredible pace, these are good problems to have!

In theory you may be right, that these are "good" problems, but since this is obviously due to BR, this is no good problem. I paid for Save the world and now I am not able to play because of your focus on BR.

Comment

you fuuuuuuuuuuucking idiots l wait with my friend 40 minutes and the you saying another 20 minutes

Comment

would be nice to see epic starting banning these idiots who come on the forums to complain about a new game thats free to play about login trouble. For any gaming company to have issues with database due to player volume is a good thing. If you are too young to understand that, please move on.

Comment

Editing a comment
                    If you purchased the PvE then you have a right to complain. If you didn't then you are right. it's free for PvP. The problem is Epis getting side tracked with making Battle Royal a big success because I honestly think they are banking on it will be their cash cow come 2018 and for a few years after.

Waiting more than 5 hours to log in? Srsly, Epic? So i should start the game before going to bed, to be able to play in the morning?!

Comment

They wish that you guys didn't have to wait. They are trying their best to fix it.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7merzCPl-Xg

Comment

But why is there a que time? I waited and the game says “ BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!”

Comment

Sry that‘s not ok! Absolutly not! Close the whole servers fix it and bring it back!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X