1.8.1 Release - Nov 2 @ 4:00am ET

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.8.1 Release - Nov 2 @ 4:00am ET

Update 1.8.1 will release at 4:00 am Eastern Time on November 2.
    Players on all platforms will need to close and update their clients. Downtime is expected. We will update this thread with any additional information.

Can't wait

Comment

Can you tell us what's in it?

Comment

1.8.1 Patch Notes - https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...-1-patch-notes

Comment

Every time there's an ANNOUNCEMENT regarding updating or downtime due to update, there should be linked or written patch notes within it, imo

Comment

• Axe Garian commented
            Editing a comment
            agreed and seconded

When can we expect a description of the patch?

Comment

Add cosmetic items for heroes. You already have head and backpack items.
            also skins would be great.

Comment

Apologies, the patch notes were not stickied in the Announcements section. They are up there now if you would like to check them out!

Comment

Great patch as always but im wondering if consoles can get a lower graphics setting to go with the uncapped fps setting in an attempt to make it as smooth as possible. Also custom controller mapping please.

Comment

How much downtime, very rough estimate? One hour? Several hours?

Comment

Can we stop these updates always at the same time? Move them back to 6. Some people get off work late and would like to play. Or at least change it up the down time.

Comment

bonjour je suis un grand fan de votre jeux mais sen qui serais encore mieux sais que vous faites un map plus grand et que vous rajouter des véhicules sva se soirée trop bien

Comment

Hello devs. Can u just tell me when the random bullet spread will be changed to recoil, also when will the sniper bullet velocity be increased in BR? Thanks!

Comment

does this take away the fortnightmares content?

Comment

Why the decrease in eliminations? How hard is it to get the eliminations, not hard at all! My god, keep making the game easier for trash noobs why don't ya.

Comment

this seems interesting

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] MrPopoTFS View Post
                                Players on all platforms will need to close and update their clients. Downtime is expected. We will update this thread with any additional information.
                                https://youtu.be/bvlwEq5lQ8A please check ot out and ban this guy , lots of videos on youtube seling cronusmax scripts

Comment

Hey @FortniteGame, Please fix how slow the sniper scoped sensitivity is no matter what sensitivity you set it at. (PS4)

Comment

Originally posted by Danib0y View Post
                                    Hey @FortniteGame, Please fix how slow the sniper scoped sensitivity is no matter what sensitivity you set it at. (PS4)
                                    Seriously. Fix it and leave it. We should be able to set our scope to be as slow or as fast as we want, not just ‘as fast as Epic thinks it should be.’ Right now you can’t even catch up to someone sprinting sideways unless you’re like 1,000 feet away. It’s pointless.

Also:

When do you guys plan to make improvements to auto aim?

When do you plan to address and/or make a statement regarding the a55holes who teamkill in squads? That’s great that we can report someone for doing so here:
                                    http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/cu...ticles/2843190
                                    but nobody has addressed whether or not any action is ever actually taken against such abusers. I have no problem capping video of teamkillers and taking 5-10 minutes to submit it, but not unless I KNOW something will be done about it, and as of right now, it doesn’t appear that ANYTHING is being done about it.

When are you going to fix the bug that causes a players’ inventory menu to be stuck open while simultaneously invisible? This bug has been around since day one and it’s annoying as shat. “Oh, I need to switch to my build menu? Too bad, can’t do it - the circle button does nothing because the game thinks my inventory menu is open. Looks like I’m gonna have to jump over this fence to find cover. Too bad, can’t do it - the game thinks my inventory menu is open. Well, maybe I can just crouch behind this fence using R3 since I can’t jump over it with the X button! Too bad, can’t do it - the game thinks my inventory menu is open and every time I press R3 it asks me how much of some ‘unidentifiable item’ I’d like to drop. Can I look at my map? No. Can I actually open my inventory menu? No. All I can do is run, aim, and switch weapons. Great - that works.

When are the ‘dud grenades’ going to be fixed?

When are you going to fix unopened chests so that they no longer remain ‘openable’ for a few seconds after you’ve already opened it? I love when I open a chest, and then try to press square to pick up the guns/items, but my crosshairs get locked on the chest again while someone else picks up the only weapon that popped out and shoots me in the side of the head.

When are you going to fix the bug for the combat pro controls that reverts the structure intended to be built to the first one (wall) when changing materials? I love when I have stairs selected but after switching from metal to wood, the game decides that I no longer want to build stairs, but a wall instead.

When are you going to fix matchmaking so I people no longer get put into a squad of 1, 2, or 3 total people? I wish I kept track of how many times I was forced to begin a squad match with only one or two other teammates. I don’t want the handicap of a 3-person squad, nor do I want others to be forced to deal with the handicap. I want everyone else to have just as much of a chance as I do. If there aren’t enough people in queue for me to get a full squad, present me with the option to withdraw and wait for a match where I can actually get a full squad. I’d rather wait 10 minutes to get a full squad than have to play short-handed from the start.

Its cool that youre adding skins, and fixing other cosmetic items, but who cares about aesthetics when the game has so many bugs that actually break gameplay and detract from the overall experience so tremendously.

Comment

• cio16_12 commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      teue please allow us to change ge scoped sensitivity on the sniper!!

since your talking mainly pvp, relax u didnt pay money. secondly.... chilll TF out the pve is amazing and theyre making progress. this game is awesome and still in development. you act like u spent 60 bucks and the game hasnt made improvements. the pve FPS update definitely made me appreciate the devs in progessing the development of a game that i paid early access to which will eventually be free next year. smoke a bowl or something brother

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobaruWRX View Post
                                      since your talking mainly pvp, relax u didnt pay money. secondly.... chilll TF out the pve is amazing and theyre making progress. this game is awesome and still in development. you act like u spent 60 bucks and the game hasnt made improvements. the pve FPS update definitely made me appreciate the devs in progessing the development of a game that i paid early access to which will eventually be free next year. smoke a bowl or something brother
                                      The majority of the playerbase favors Battle Royale. Secondly, I paid $150 dollars, and I enjoyed the PVE while it lasted. It got boring quickly and I switched over to mainly PVP. PVP should be emphasized.

Comment

Why not Saison Shop? Iam Level 35 and its bored me ... i cannot get any new Skins or any Item .... Leveling for nothing

Comment

I see updates to the ps4 framerate what about Xbox?

Comment

why everytime i press launch. It says "BUSY"

Comment

Can we drive cars?

Comment

Hooooow long will it take ? :3

Comment

Originally posted by SoFarGone24-7 View Post

Seriously. Fix it and leave it. We should be able to set our scope to be as slow or as fast as we want, not just ‘as fast as Epic thinks it should be.’ Right now you can’t even catch up to someone sprinting sideways unless you’re like 1,000 feet away. It’s pointless.

Also:

When do you guys plan to make improvements to auto aim?

When do you plan to address and/or make a statement regarding the a55holes who teamkill in squads? That’s great that we can report someone for doing so here:
                                                  http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/cu...ticles/2843190
                                                  but nobody has addressed whether or not any action is ever actually taken against such abusers. I have no problem capping video of teamkillers and taking 5-10 minutes to submit it, but not unless I KNOW something will be done about it, and as of right now, it doesn’t appear that ANYTHING is being done about it.

When are you going to fix the bug that causes a players’ inventory menu to be stuck open while simultaneously invisible? This bug has been around since day one and it’s annoying as shat. “Oh, I need to switch to my build menu? Too bad, can’t do it - the circle button does nothing because the game thinks my inventory menu is open. Looks like I’m gonna have to jump over this fence to find cover. Too bad, can’t do it - the game thinks my inventory menu is open. Well, maybe I can just crouch behind this fence using R3 since I can’t jump over it with the X button! Too bad, can’t do it - the game thinks my inventory menu is open and every time I press R3 it asks me how much of some ‘unidentifiable item’ I’d like to drop. Can I look at my map? No. Can I actually open my inventory menu? No. All I can do is run, aim, and switch weapons. Great - that works.

When are the ‘dud grenades’ going to be fixed?

When are you going to fix unopened chests so that they no longer remain ‘openable’ for a few seconds after you’ve already opened it? I love when I open a chest, and then try to press square to pick up the guns/items, but my crosshairs get locked on the chest again while someone else picks up the only weapon that popped out and shoots me in the side of the head.

When are you going to fix the bug for the combat pro controls that reverts the structure intended to be built to the first one (wall) when changing materials? I love when I have stairs selected but after switching from metal to wood, the game decides that I no longer want to build stairs, but a wall instead.

When are you going to fix matchmaking so I people no longer get put into a squad of 1, 2, or 3 total people? I wish I kept track of how many times I was forced to begin a squad match with only one or two other teammates. I don’t want the handicap of a 3-person squad, nor do I want others to be forced to deal with the handicap. I want everyone else to have just as much of a chance as I do. If there aren’t enough people in queue for me to get a full squad, present me with the option to withdraw and wait for a match where I can actually get a full squad. I’d rather wait 10 minutes to get a full squad than have to play short-handed from the start.

Its cool that youre adding skins, and fixing other cosmetic items, but who cares about aesthetics when the game has so many bugs that actually break gameplay and detract from the overall experience so tremendously.
                                                  Thb there are way way bigger problems
                                                  https://youtu.be/SwZ_NUruGTM
                                                  fortnite have a real bad network with real bad servers so i think thats way more important because a lot of ppl me included are sick and tire of getting killed by some ****ing highping lagging a55holes. Everything over a 50 ping should be kicked from the servers until they get their network on point. I havnt any of the problems that you describe so mayby delete the game from the ps4 and reinstalled (got over 100h playtime so far) or dont use a custom controller because my standart controller never did the inputs so fast that i get stucked in a menu. Playing on a ps4 pro with a hybrid ssd/normal hdd and got not problems like you

Comment

There maybe an issue with the epic troll chest. I found the key and opened several big pink chests marked with a troll sign. Maybe it is not the correct one because it has the fake troll sign but it contains a lot of great loot which I can collect. The quest remains unsolved, tho.
                                                    Thanks for a great game!

Comment

How is it that this happens " The Soldier’s Shockwave ability has been rebalanced as we felt it was a bit underwhelming." but no outlander buff? AMC is underwhelming lol its like my grandma is trying to punch a husk

Comment

E.t.a. ???

Comment

With this new patch I've downloaded it but it's saying the servers are down what's the deal ???when's it coming back online no details what's that about??? Agreed that some of the things in this should be left alone yeah there should be different camera angle on rocket launcher for now as the pumpkin launcher is huge. Dud grenades from distance I've found issues with placing building parts such as stairs mainly and in that process getting killed needs attention. Lag is definitely killing game as well need to get more servers happening and virtualization put in place even putting virtualization within virtualization so the servers can run smoother unreal engines ment to one of the best servers how is it lagging and when well it be fixed double your capacities.
                                                          Last edited by bonifydhuslr91; 11-02-2017, 05:04 AM.

Comment

How much longer man, been waiting an hour and still can’t log in..........SMH....

Comment

This is update?

Comment

Originally posted by AG_Carnivor View Post

The majority of the playerbase favors Battle Royale. Secondly, I paid $150 dollars, and I enjoyed the PVE while it lasted. It got boring quickly and I switched over to mainly PVP. PVP should be emphasized.
                                                                Can I have a link to the website or forum post that shows how many are in PVP and PVE.
                                                                I tried the PVP and I din't like it. The PVE is epic (no pun intended).

It'ld be nice to see if there is proof to your comment of if it was made up on the spot.

Comment

when will the servers be back up?

Comment

Hello to you game mods I believe we have all downloaded your patch and as you said in this post no downtime but yet we are all here and can't login because it says games under going maintenance is this how you treat paying customers...

please fix fix this problem we been here 1hour already and I demand a gift lol for my troubles 1500 free bucks to all pve players sounds fair for :)
                                                                    Last edited by BoOMam69; 11-02-2017, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• BarbaBas77 commented
                                                                      Editing a comment
                                                                      as it states Downtime is expected

• BoOMam69 commented
                                                                      Editing a comment
                                                                      Pfft post edit much

These servers are wack, updates to make the game better, than we can’t even play the game because the servers are going to be down for god only knows how long SMH

Comment

If your are going to have random server downtimes here and there, atleast make the epic game launcher say when the expected server online time is!!

Comment

Why release the update with the servers still down?

Comment

• nirriti1122 commented
                                                                          Editing a comment
                                                                          so you have something to do while waiting for the servers.

• BoOMam69 commented
                                                                          Editing a comment
                                                                          The servers being down is a bug problem they didn't see (blind) lol jokes

Game is live thanks

Comment

PLEASE use UTC TIME ZONE
                                                                          Eastern Time?
                                                                          Europe Easter Time?
                                                                          Asia Eastern TIme?
                                                                          North America Eastern Time?
                                                                          South America Eastern Time? Africa Eastern Time?
                                                                          Australia Eastern Time?
                                                                          no one knows.
                                                                          also is easiest for all of us to use universal time zone ( UTC )

also with UTC you avoid any and all DST problems, since UTC does not have DST, each country have its own DST (or not) acording to which hemisphere they are (north / south and its done on diferent/oposite time of the year)

thank you

Click image for larger version  Name:	wYWASip.png Views:	1 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	93998
                                                                          Last edited by novuelvenmas; 11-02-2017, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Hey can anyone tell me how to post my own threads?!?!?

Comment

• #43
                                                                              No shotgun nerf? Omfg.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                Originally posted by ScoobaruWRX View Post
                                                                                How am I acting like I paid for the game? Nobody paid any money for BR - does that mean nobody should ask any questions or suggest any ideas about its development?

I never said the game hasnt made improvements. It has, but recently they’ve done nothing but mess up playability with the updates.

I would smoke a bowl, but I have this thing called a ‘big-boy career.’

Comment

• #45
                                                                                  Sooooo still no mention about most of the traps setting of Propane Tanks? is this a freaking bug or is it intentional? So frustrating to see such a major change not even glanced over or mentioned anywhere except a few (player made) posts, and then those same posts fade into obscurity.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                    PS4 EU Server:

Really bad lag since the patch, almost unplayable, constant stuttering that continuously slows your sprinting.

(Not using uncapped)

Comment

• #47
                                                                                      Also those gold chests are a pain. Every time I try to use one the stuff from it groups up in the middle right above it and the chest lags and still glows and every time I try to collect the items from it the game thinks I’m still trying to open it. This has gotten me killed on multiple occasions.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                        The Loot Chest Drop Bug slowed down my Hero XP gain too hard to enable me to get my Legendary Blood A.C. dude leveled to 20 in time to get the Quest done for him for the Legendary Sword Schematic Quest Reward before the Event ended... I feel cheated... :(

My Epic Energy Thief Mari really coulda used that Schematic's help... :(

Edit: omg! I snuck in a moment & looks like the Event's not over yet! Was the Event Duration extended? If so, please give me time to finish the Blood A.C. Quest at least! Many thanks! :D
                                                                                        Last edited by Axe Garian; 11-02-2017, 12:53 PM. Reason: Post Info Update

Comment

• Tex75455 commented
                                                                                          Editing a comment
                                                                                          They havent put an end date on the event yet

• Axe Garian commented
                                                                                          Editing a comment
                                                                                          many thanks for the info :D

• #49
                                                                                        When are the chest drops getting fixed? Or have they been fixed already?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                          Friggin excellent update, helps with the Frame drops for sure on Xbox. Thank you Epic for coming through yet again.

Comment

• #51
                                                                                            chill bro my gawd

Comment

• #52
                                                                                              All these negative comments and you tell the one positive to chill? Guess I can’t expect too much with someone who types imitating a southern draw.

Comment

• #53
                                                                                                I know it ends on November 4th but will that be November 3rd after midnight at 3 a.m. Central American time or will that be November 4th after midnight at 3 a.m. so actually on the 5th

Comment

• #54
                                                                                                  Managed to finish the Bloodfinder A.C. Quests & got the Legendary Sword Schematic! Legendary Stormblade, though its Rolls are not that good... but i'm not in any shape to be picky so i'm keepin it for now. Lookin like RNGesus flat out refuses to fork over any Legendary Lobber Survivors for me to get the Pumpkin Launcher so I guess I can kiss that goodbye... the one thing I wanted most... but i'll deal with it. The number one Stat a Fortnite Player needs the highest Score in is Hearbreak Resistance, & fortunately, mine's not ****. :(

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                  X