Account merging restrictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account merging restrictions

Hi there,

I would like to address a major issue I believe that many people have with this new merging system.

If a person owns multiple accounts whether it be PS4, XBOX or PC, they should be able to merge them together. The restriction between platform eligibility makes no sense and affects majority of people according to reddit posts and epic forums complaints.

Now if I have different skins on seperate accounts (I have a ps4 account and pc account) and would like to merge them (regardless of the platform), I should have the option to do that aswell.

I believe this is causing more harm than good - a simple fix could create more wealth and enjoyment for the game.

Thanks.

EDIT: to all the people who think this will create a 'black market' , you should be aware that there is already a black market and accounts of switch/ps4/xbox are being sold (eligible for merge).

Epics disappointment ratio is only increasing.

Important Comment Update:
    This thread is pretty big now and not one response from Epic. Not looking good, definitely starting to resent the company - I know that I will not be buying any more skins or spending any more money until Epic shows professionalism, empathy and care for their customers. Not a threat either, I just genuinely don't like to cooperate with people who don't reciprocate. I've spent time not only on this game, but with emailing and maintaining this thread on the subject of merging - with no response at all in the thread. This reputation Epic is holding will slowly deteriorate and disappear. My friends and family who play this game are also becoming tired with the customer service of this game. Make merging available for people who OWN two accounts. As a customer of a bank, I can merge my bank accounts and my loans. I should be able to merge my video game content too.
    Last edited by Mike Myerss; 04-10-2019, 07:08 PM.

I recently contacted Epic Games support about the account merging feature coming in November. Unfortunately this upcoming feature will only be for console linked accounts. Epic Games should add a way to merge accounts on PC as well. I personally have two accounts, and it is really annoying to have to switch between them. I have considered not using the one with less purchases anymore but it has my "black knight" skin from season 2 which I do not want to lose. If you could please add a way for people to merge PC accounts to combine battle royale purchases that would be great. If anyone at Epic Games could contact me about this and what I should do that would be appreciated, Thanks.

Comment

lol they should, i been playing since season two but got banned for no reason around season 4, i thought i would never get my account back so i made another one and started playing there, now a few days ago i got my account reactivated so now i have two accounts with a lot of purchases and the battle passes, it really would be a life saver if you could merge two accounts

Comment

• CristiMan 2.0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same to me, but they will not merge because they want you to spend more money on 2 accounts.

• usu II commented
        Editing a comment
        same that is exactly what happened to me

• Barr2009 commented
        Editing a comment
        So can I mere…

Subscribing for any replies, same problem, have 2 accounts and 1 with black knight and would like to merge it with my main one.

Comment

• PreProved commented
        Editing a comment
        what system are you on? im on ps4 contact me soon @rrich_b.b on instagram

Yeah i have two different account on PC as well one with the season 2 cosmetics and the main with season 3 battle pass and more.Please help

Comment

• MugZ_FG commented
        Editing a comment
        same with me bro.

• Barr2009 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can I merge with you

Any progress on this from Epic?

Comment

Any progress on this from Epic?

Comment

Yeah , I'd really like this to come in pc.

Comment

They just added account merging, but its only for console players. I also want to merge my 2 pc accounts :(

Comment

• King Mobutu commented
              Editing a comment
              Did they add it today? I'm confused.

Not what I expected LoL
            Last edited by King Mobutu; 02-06-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Me and my son cycle games on Xbox and PC and for this reason my son have one account on PC and one on Xbox. It is annoying to switch accounts and we should be able to merge the accounts and also easy to log in from any supported device.

Comment

We’ve been waiting a long time for the account merging tool and it’s finally here! .. however it’s going to need to be updated .

I, along with tons of other players I’ve seen , have two PSN accounts . The merge tool needs to be updated so that players can merge 2 accounts from the same platform as well .
                This included People with two Xbox accounts .
                PC players have been completely left out of this feature . A lot of them have two accounts either on PC or some other console .

Anybody who has two accounts needs to be able to merge the accounts . The current requirements are too strict , leaving tons of people angry & disappinted .
                Last edited by AoSpirals; 02-13-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Yes man! If someone has two accounts they should not be left out . I need to merge two PSN accounts and have been extremely disappointed . I posted the same suggestion here im hoping more people will make posts like this because tons of people are disappointed after waiting so patiently .

Comment

• Xcash-Money16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    im having the same problem cant even merge my 2 psn accounts

• Xcash-Money16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    im having the same problem cant even merge my 2 psn accounts tuff

• BoneKing25 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me too can’t merge my psn accounts

yes its true i also want this

Comment

• Dion Meh YT commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I joined september 26 fortnite but this is a new acc

It was a disappointment. Been waiting since November!

Comment

Working...
                  X