X

Fortnite not fun for average players...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite not fun for average players...

Fortnite is getting boring and everybody wants revert.

You guys deleted 50 health/50 shield per game. Materials per kills gone..... Materials per hit reduced... It doesn't feel fun and fresh anymore. Hope you listen to the community to revert...

I am a below average player and I am enjoying no health shield and mats per kill. Please don't revert, it's hard enough to play against the skill gap as it is, and my enemies not building as much and healing more often is better for my survival.

Comment

Yes, it's exactly like Listen2HeyLadyYT says: HP/Shield on kills are beneficial only for above average players (those with K/D ratio above 1.0, especially those significantly above), while majority of players (that are below 1.0 K/D ratio, especially those significantly below) suffer from those settings, because good players are playing even more aggressively with those settings in the game.
      Last edited by An Alice; 04-17-2019, 04:56 PM.
      An Alice: Siphon in pubs was not liked by vast majority of players, becase only good players benefit from it.
      Everyone: Are you stupid? Are you blind? Just check Twitter/Reddit/YouTube, almost everyone loved it and want it back!
      Epic Games: Siphon increased engagement for the highest-skilled 10%, while the remaining 90% were more frustrated and played less.

Comment

Faster mat collection would still be nice, less time smashing **** with a hammer more time fighting.

Comment

I rather kill a player to gain health and materials rather than hitting trees/rocks/cars for 20 minutes and hoping to find a chest with heals. After killing 10 people in pleasant park and coming out with no shield, no health and no materials it feels bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mango Diesel
            So basically the 2 people in this thread who want no siphon have literally said that they think they should just not encounter enemies with as much health as them... you know? In fairness? One of these days people are going to realise that they are interested in a game that at it's very core has a large skill gap. That's all there is to it. If you don't have the time to put into the game to get through that skill gap, you are going to have a bad time forever. You should either play something else or practice. It is selfish to think that the game should just provide you advantages against people who are more dedicated to it because you aren't very good. The game saw a 25% increase in player base during siphon and broke concurrent player records TWICE in the first 4 weeks of it's introduction And since the removal of siphon almost all major content creators have marked this month the absolute worst their support a creator code has ever performed in the item shop, which is a pretty good indicator that less and less people are putting money into fortnite. Imagine whats going to happen when they end this new coke style publicity stunt and people are given back the flavour they love? Because almost every other time in history with any other product that something like this has occurred, once returned to what the consumer prefers, popularity has increased to a greater level than it ever was before.
            So you think that Epic just wants the skilled players to stay in the game for new players to quit after a while due to the skill gap?? Well I hate to break it to you but Epic Games is business looking to make money from old and new players. It is in their best interest to keep new players interested in the game. This isn't the first time this has happened in the gaming world, for example World of Warcraft is still a popular MMORPG and they have been making the game easier for new players for decades now because their business model is for ALL players not just the OG's. If you lack the ability to adapt to their business model perhaps take your own advice and find a new game.
            Last edited by TriggeredKent; 04-18-2019, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Listen2HeyLadyYT View Post
              I am a below average player and I am enjoying no health shield and mats per kill. Please don't revert, it's hard enough to play against the skill gap as it is, and my enemies not building as much and healing more often is better for my survival.
              Good point made here Listen2HeyLadyYT

Comment

Mango Diesel You don't need to worry about my skill level, I'm already in Champion League for a long time... because I actually prefer the game with Pup-Up Cup settings too, so I'm playing almost only Arena now. And Arena is where skilled players should be playing right now. I just understand that Pop-Up Cup settings are not good for casual players, that are mostly playing pubs, so I know that it was good decision to remove Pop-Up Cup settings from there. Because those settings are extending skill gap, effect that is undesired in environment with wide spread of skill anyway, in such environment mechanics reducing skill gap are desired to provide better gameplay experience for casual players, players that are majority and from where most of game income comes from.
                An Alice: Siphon in pubs was not liked by vast majority of players, becase only good players benefit from it.
                Everyone: Are you stupid? Are you blind? Just check Twitter/Reddit/YouTube, almost everyone loved it and want it back!
                Epic Games: Siphon increased engagement for the highest-skilled 10%, while the remaining 90% were more frustrated and played less.

Comment

The problem : If you add siphon good players gonna be more agressives, and super good players gonna play solo / duo squads and ruin the game for most of people. If you remove siphon from public match, someone with a 0.1 kdr ratio can win against a guy with a 5 kdr ratio with a bit of luck but finish with low hp / mats / ammo then he gonna have 90% chance to lose a fight against a guy with 0.1 kdr ratio who farm / loot during his fight

Bad solution : Try to split community with rank and competition system. Good players gonna still play publics even for warmup before play competitive. When good players is above his rank, the game is full of try hard and it's not really fun ( i am almost in champion league, the game is really not fun there + ballers ). The game is free so you can create many smurf account if you are a good players, to always play against bot or use a game exploit to not grab points when killed by disconnecting.

Good solution : Make an elo system based kdr + time played + date game was installed + type of game ( solo / duo / squad ) and make the balance ingame. For exemple if PLAYER A with a 0.1 kdr ratio and only 100 total hours played in the past month meet PLAYER B y with 6 kdr and 2000 hours played in the past month, PLAYER A gonna have his shotgun buffed at 50% and PLAYER B gonna have his shotgun nerfed at 50%. With this mecanics all fight can be fair. About the materials it's more tricky because PLAYER A not gonna build at all when PLAYER B gonna build like hell. And if you nerf PLAYER B build to have fair and a third party is coming it's gonna be hard to handle the thing.

ps : There is no perfect system because the game is free meaning it's easy to create a smurf account, the only thing you can do is reduce this number at the maximum without ruining the game experience. The only solution will be to force to have only one account, based on hardware id + ip or something similar but's it's kind of playing with fire.

Comment

Mango Diesel Statistics about game growth during siphon in pubs are useless, because the growth was not effect of those changes... you're just delusional if you think that new players joining the game cared so much about tuning specific game mechanics, not just the game and some of its "core" mechanics (like building, battle royale gameplay, etc) in general. Also, if siphon would be so liked in pubs Epic would never remove it from there... so actually being removed is the best proof that it was not liked be players there: end of story. Also, link this video of AFKing to Champion League... because unless it was done in Duo and he was just carried there by his partner, it's not possible with 2 points bus fare in division 6 and top 25 placement (giving you first not elimination based points) usually during moving storm phase in matches over 250 points.
                    Last edited by An Alice; 04-18-2019, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Mango Diesel If anyone is not so smart here that's you. I've already explained to you in other thread here that it was because of Apex release and free battle pass in Fortnite, not game mechanics changes, and that was officially mentioned as a reason by Epic. I'm still waiting for link of reaching Champion League by just AFKing if you're not imagined it, just like you imaging siphon as a reason of game growth.
                      Last edited by An Alice; 04-18-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• M-C3rty-M4lik-M commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You have literally no right to stop someone from posting their problems. You are not part of Epics Staff.

away from whether siphon was good or bad for the game, the game is not great at the moment because who in their right mind would take the beginner-friendly Food Fight mode and put rising lava into it making it only really playable by pro builders. I've been playing on and off for a little while but cannot build for **** nor do I want to get into crazy build battles and have often had team mates build around me so I cannot really get anywhere. In fact, it annoys me when people just build and not take part in combat but it seems Epic want Fortnite to be more of a building game than a combat game recently.

I cannot stand the Plane LTM and Food Fight is unplayable so it looks like I might leave the game for a couple of weeks until something playable is back on the rosta

Comment

C3rtyM4lik I'm not trying to stop anyone from posting about their problems, I'm just trying to stop them from spreading misinformation that their personal problems are problems of majority (as many of people trying to do).

Comment

Revert and problem solved. Epic hope you listen!!! The noobs will die no matter what and you can’t protect them forever.

Comment

Mango Diesel And who looks stupid now? Your insults did not changed reality that I was just kindly explaining to you. Epic just release official data about Siphon mechanics impact on the game, confirming what I was saying all the time: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...lopment-update

Siphon increased engagement for the highest-skilled 10%, while the remaining 90% were more frustrated and played less.
                            Last edited by An Alice; 04-26-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X