X

Concept Idea: Architect Mode

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concept Idea: Architect Mode

One of the strongest abilities in assuring a victory in Fortnite Battle Royale is knowing how to properly build a strong and efficient base. The majority of us reaching near the End Game has seen it countless times over and over again. Whether playing in Solo, Duo, or Squad players love to build big bases. It's a well known fact that the building aspect of the game plays a majority role in assuring you a victory. Here's my idea...

From the Game Mode menu in the Battle Royale home screen there will be an option to choose Architect Mode. I've listed the features below for what this mode should incorporate.

Architect Mode
    • Can include up to 3 other party members to join you
    • Unlimited resources
      • Wood, Brick, and Metal
    • Ability to use Harvesting Tool
    • Ability to use Resource Tool
    • Spawn in on a grassy plain
      • Fixed size
      • 70% smaller than the Battle Royale map
    • Always daytime

You may be asking yourselves "What exactly is the Resource Tool?". Well, here's a list of what it is / can do!

Resource Tool
    • Looks like a closed book
      • Held in the right hand
    • Placed in its own slot
      • Does not take an inventory space
    • Opens up a GUI when activated
      • Similar to the GUI opened when managing traps in your inventory
    • Contains category selections
      • Weapons
      • Consumables
      • Traps
      • Miscellaneous
      • Options
        • No Fall Damage
        • NoClip
        • Fly
        • Teleport to Player
        • Kick Player (Party Leader Only)
        • Change Day to Night (Party Leader Only)
        • Summon Supply Drop at Location (Party Leader Only)
        • Indestructible Buildings (Party Leader Only)
        • Friendly Fire On / Off (Party Leader Only)
        • Spawn 3 Bots at Crosshairs (Party Leader Only)
    • Grants user the ability to drop any selected item from the GUI
      • Also has the option to instantly place it in the user's inventory instead of dropping it

The purpose of the Resource Tool is to give players the ability to test out different weapons and items while having a bit of fun. It also gives the Party Leader some basic options to control what can be done while in Architect Mode. Architect Mode is not a game against other players. It is a private session for 1 to 4 players to explore the many different building options and improve their overall building skill as well as design strong bases.
    Last edited by THEREALHAWKINGS; 12-16-2017, 04:57 AM.
    Want to improve your building skills? Have fun in a private match? Support my newest idea!

>>> Battle Royale: Architect Mode <<<

Id play it. Im fairly good at the game but always enjoy practice and when I bring friends into the game, itd be way easier to teach them how to build and some basic stuff

Comment

Seems like a killer idea, As stated by CynicalPatsFan I too bring in my share of friends to the game. They don't always understand everything so I think that this would be a great learning experience for myself and them.

Comment

I like It. How about this...
        im "building" off your idea here ;)
        A Halo Forge-like game where after your done building, you can save your creation and play custom battles with the map.

You could set spawn points for weapons and stuff. You could design a bunch of epic forts and then have a 20 v 20 game on your map. Maybe you could also change some of the terrain as well....

Anyways, I like the idea

Comment

Yeah, that would be cool. It could be some sort of practice mode for quick builds or fighting.
          I would play.

Comment

This is wery cool. Somethink like a Creative mode :D

Comment

I have a lot of friends who are getting into the game... it would be great to be able to show them the works before a competitive match

Comment

Just buy the PVE edition. It's not really that expensive and it does all the above. I find it redundant to make an ADDITIONAL PVE mode for a PVP game.
                Or.... Just wait till PVE is free.

Comment

You have all of thoe in StW. BR doesn't need more attention than it already has (frankly it's too much). Just buy StW and have fun in SSD.

Comment

Yo this sounds like a great idea I would love this, epic games please add this!!!!

Comment

Yea sounds good

Comment

Amazing idea and I cannot wait until this is put into fortnite. Great!

Comment

And btw everyone saying buy StW why would you if its getting free in a month..

Comment

Rather play minecraft dude

Comment

I think that the Architect Mode that the OP is suggesting would be vastly different than STW. For one, you don't have unlimited resources in STW. You would have to play missions to max out your resources which, depending on your team (random or not), can take 30+ minutes at a time. The whole point of wanting an Architect Mode is because some people (myself and friends included) want to be able to enjoy Fortnite without missions or competition (even though we already do enjoy it immensely with them). One thing I would like to see eventually is player created cities and missions as well. This game has incredible potential and I don't think an Architect Mode will hinder the progression of the development of the game. If anything, it would help it because players will be able to immerse themselves in the more-creative aspect of the game which will only add to community feedback for the developers.

Comment

Working...
                              X