Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Shooting Test" Mode - Fail

Hi all,

You guys may be as surprised as me that the Fortnite team has implemented a new "mode" named - Shooting Test - withouth really saying much. Well, for you guys that don't know about this yet, this new mode is just that, a shooting test (nothing changes other than accuracy of guns). Within this mode Fortnite has removed all the bullet deviation/randomness (which happended to all of us) by making the crosshair smaller and removing the aim assist.

I have had the chance to play this mode for several games now (in fact I am playing it as I write this) and I have to be honest, I like the feeling of hitting every round I am supposed to be hitting (as my crosshairs are on target), HOWEVER... removing the randomness out of the shooting model just doesnt feel right (in my opinion). I think Fortnite is characterised by its randomness (i.e.: supply drops, safe zones, chests, shooting) all of these factors are supposed to be random which makes this game much more thrilling than any other game I have tried.

I think Fortnite is trying their best to fix issues and update the game, but currently they're trying their best at something that shouldnt be touched which in this case is the shooting system. I think they should stick to their current shooting system and focus on new: maps, guns, rewards system (out of season pass), modes, etc..).
    But then again, this is just my opinion: I dont like the new "shooting test" mode added to the game. Sorry Fortnite, I hope you understand.

Kind regards.

I like it more, I don't feel like i get screwed by some pleb going full auto from a mid distance when I'm tap aiming to get better accuracy.

RNG bullets are f'n BS. This is 10x better.

Comment

Personal opinion, but the new test kit has taken the game in a good direction, but in a bad way. They went from the extreme inaccuracy of the base game and went to hardcore mode, with tiny bullet spread, massive recoil, and ridiculous accuracy. I hate saying this, but as a serious gamer who usually likes more difficult learning curves, this is actually too far. I wish they would be true to the identity of Fortnite, which is NOT a hyper-realistic military-style gunplay, but more of an arcadey shooter for friends to casually play. IDEAS: revert back to original values for the guns, then slightly decrease bullet "bloom" and make the first shot dead accurate. Keep it the same from there.

Comment

How did you get the shooting test? I loaded Fortnite but nothing showed

Comment

• neoPie commented
          Editing a comment
          Somehow it’s gone again. I played one match of it and then continued with Solo and when i came back it was gone. Yet i still have the „Play 3 event games“ quest, so i suppose they‘re fixing something and it will be back afterwards!

do they give rewards if you win?

Comment

Originally posted by LieutenantDino View Post
          do they give rewards if you win?
          No, you get nothing from it. It's something everyone can test for future implementation as so many people were complaining about their shots not hitting the targets even though their crosshair was perfectly on them but still missing.

Comment

I Seen a streamer playing and was hoping to try... does anyone have gameplay of the test server

Comment

As a console player the recoil hits pretty hard. A lot harder to aim at people far away while maintaining gun accuracy by single shotting. It makes the game a lot more slow pace with these long range engagements. Its hard to control the recoil with thumbsticks on a controller. Even when Im tap firing i still find it hard to get my shots on target. In my opinion the way it is right now in the current game is fine. I havent heard or seen people complain about the accuracy for a long time since they fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxsyn View Post
                As a console player the recoil hits pretty hard. A lot harder to aim at people far away while maintaining gun accuracy by single shotting. It makes the game a lot more slow pace with these long range engagements. Its hard to control the recoil with thumbsticks on a controller. Even when Im tap firing i still find it hard to get my shots on target. In my opinion the way it is right now in the current game is fine. I havent heard or seen people complain about the accuracy for a long time since they fixed it.
                Yeahh I forgot to mention that (one of the most important characteristics), the new shooting system just slows the game down which slightly alters combat flow that we are all use to experience. Fortnite is more fun for its dynamic and fast paced battles/environments.

Comment

You know what doesn't make this game more thrilling? Randomly getting nothing at a spawn point. It's stupid it doesn't add anything to the game, it just takes away. Like oh boy I just got killed and I only had a pickaxe, good for them I bet that felt great.

Comment

I tried it on PC and loved it. It might need tweaking, but it instantly felt so much better than the RNG-bullet-spread we currently have. A lot of complaints seem to come from console players regarding recoil.
                    Simple solution really: introduce the new shooting model for the PC and tweak the old one for console players. Best of both worlds :)

and to those who claim that fights took longer: that might have been the case on console, on PC they were the same as before or even shorter, as you can now hit targets reliably.
                    Last edited by Gommelkopp; 12-19-2017, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by qu_de_quesco View Post
                      Hi all,

You guys may be as surprised as me that the Fortnite team has implemented a new "mode" named - Shooting Test - withouth really saying much. Well, for you guys that don't know about this yet, this new mode is just that, a shooting test (nothing changes other than accuracy of guns). Within this mode Fortnite has removed all the bullet deviation/randomness (which happended to all of us) by making the crosshair smaller and removing the aim assist.

I have had the chance to play this mode for several games now (in fact I am playing it as I write this) and I have to be honest, I like the feeling of hitting every round I am supposed to be hitting (as my crosshairs are on target), HOWEVER... removing the randomness out of the shooting model just doesnt feel right (in my opinion). I think Fortnite is characterised by its randomness (i.e.: supply drops, safe zones, chests, shooting) all of these factors are supposed to be random which makes this game much more thrilling than any other game I have tried.

I think Fortnite is trying their best to fix issues and update the game, but currently they're trying their best at something that shouldnt be touched which in this case is the shooting system. I think they should stick to their current shooting system and focus on new: maps, guns, rewards system (out of season pass), modes, etc..).
                      But then again, this is just my opinion: I dont like the new "shooting test" mode added to the game. Sorry Fortnite, I hope you understand.

Kind regards.
                      Thanks for letting us know your thoughts. We actually did not plan for this mode to go live until early next year, and it is now disabled. We want to tune and refine the mode before re-introducing it to everyone. It's possible the Limited Time Mode will quiet different when it is re-introduced.

Comment

The recoil in the new shooting model was terrible idk how anyone could support it. I won’t be playing this game if that actually makes it into live. Everyone on the server couldn’t hit there shots because the recoil was so bad. You especially seen it when using an AR, please epic don’t use this model keep the current one, after seeing the new one it makes you appreciate the current one even more....

Comment

I think Fortnite is characterised by its randomness (i.e.: supply drops, safe zones, chests, shooting) all of these factors are supposed to be random which makes this game much more thrilling than any other game I have tried.
                          supply drops, safe zones, chests, shooting -> all of these factors are supposed to be random
                          shooting -> supposed to be random

Last edited by USER-f7186c67e7f; 12-19-2017, 07:17 AM.
                          I used to be analsandblaster, but I guess that's not PG13..

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] SKY-LG View Post

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts. We actually did not plan for this mode to go live until early next year, and it is now disabled. We want to tune and refine the mode before re-introducing it to everyone. It's possible the Limited Time Mode will quiet different when it is re-introduced.
                            Hey, no problem; we are all here to provide our thoughts and suggestions, that was just one out of thousands of suggestions this community can offer.

Comment

Working...
                            X