Tac shotgun and bunny hopping is getting ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Tac shotgun and bunny hopping is getting ridiculous

I love this game. I’ve started playing fairly recently and I’m not the best although I have racked up a few wins. Today it feels like all my deaths have been from people jumping around like headless chickens with the tactical shotgun. Okay I get it epic games, you love shotguns. First the gnasher and now this. But tone it down a bit please, the range on the tac is ridiculous and blue colour and above is almost unstoppable.

I also understand you want to put an evasive manoeuvre system in your game, because also first wall bouncing now just regular bouncing. But make the cooldown for big jumps longer please, make players reach that stage where you can’t jump high anymore faster because it’s really ruining my enjoyment of the game. And I’m expecting the git gud comments but I wanna know if it’s just me experiencing this frustration m. Also add a shoulder swap option epic come on that’s just lazy, I know it’s free to play but I’m putting money into this game to support you

I think the worst part is the inconsistency of the shotguns. Yes the bunny hopping does get annoying sometimes but the random headshots are what do it for me.

Comment

I second this post!! And this is from a self-confessed bunny hopper. I see so many people here and on reddit reply with the typical "git gud" comments... but bunny hopping actually makes this game less skill driven. The only part of the game I'm actually good at is early game in buildings when I can bunny hop. The truly difficult part of this game is late game, when you're building forts and trying to snipe those last 5-6 players.

Bunny hopping shouldn't work. When you're in the air your "spread" accuracy penalty should increase by 50% compared to your standing non-aim spread. That 50% penalty should also remain for 1 second after jumping.

I also think shotguns in general need a range nerf -- you shouldn't be able to headshot someone from 30-40 yards out. It should literally be impossible.

Comment

I have to agree jump shottguns is RBG headshot and thats BS. Sometimes I hit a guy for 9 to the head and sometimes 190 .. not cool. This gmae needs more consistency please make shotguns inaccurate when jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by ALOsman47 View Post
          I love this game. I’ve started playing fairly recently and I’m not the best although I have racked up a few wins. Today it feels like all my deaths have been from people jumping around like headless chickens with the tactical shotgun. Okay I get it epic games, you love shotguns. First the gnasher and now this. But tone it down a bit please, the range on the tac is ridiculous and blue colour and above is almost unstoppable.

I also understand you want to put an evasive manoeuvre system in your game, because also first wall bouncing now just regular bouncing. But make the cooldown for big jumps longer please, make players reach that stage where you can’t jump high anymore faster because it’s really ruining my enjoyment of the game. And I’m expecting the git gud comments but I wanna know if it’s just me experiencing this frustration m. Also add a shoulder swap option epic come on that’s just lazy, I know it’s free to play but I’m putting money into this game to support you
          Bunny hopping is a problem in general.

Comment

im a bhopper judge me :p

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaIIOmega View Post
              I second this post!! And this is from a self-confessed bunny hopper. I see so many people here and on reddit reply with the typical "git gud" comments... but bunny hopping actually makes this game less skill driven. The only part of the game I'm actually good at is early game in buildings when I can bunny hop. The truly difficult part of this game is late game, when you're building forts and trying to snipe those last 5-6 players.

Bunny hopping shouldn't work. When you're in the air your "spread" accuracy penalty should increase by 50% compared to your standing non-aim spread. That 50% penalty should also remain for 1 second after jumping.

I also think shotguns in general need a range nerf -- you shouldn't be able to headshot someone from 30-40 yards out. It should literally be impossible.
              I too have started bunny hopping, not because I want to, but you die much less when you do. MASH TO DODGE.
              Considering the game is FORTnite and not HOPnite I think that building and utilizing cover should be prioritized over arcade style block buttons.

Comment

Where is epic games on this??? I'd be surprised if a single top streamer did not want bunny hopping nerfed. It just creates lag and makes you more difficult to hit, but somehow doesn't affect your accuracy with the shotgun.

Comment

Did you really need to make yet another thread about this same whinge? FFS there is one on the front page right now.

Standard response: there are lots of other games that by design make it so everyone holds nice and still while you crouch and shoot at each other. Go play one of those instead of trying to ruin this game.

Comment

• TheNeoReaper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe you should get good.

Originally posted by Reach4thelasers View Post
                  Did you really need to make yet another thread about this same whinge? FFS there is one on the front page right now.

Standard response: there are lots of other games that by design make it so everyone holds nice and still while you crouch and shoot at each other. Go play one of those instead of trying to ruin this game.
                  I'd say the opposite. If you want to be a bunnytard go play Halo and get your jump spin 360 no scope while hopping around like idiots objectively ruining this game.

Comment

Working...
                  X