Collapse
X

Fortnite BR on console needing/not needing xbox live + playstation plus to play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite BR on console needing/not needing xbox live + playstation plus to play

I love Fortnite Battle Royale and I can’t wait to get the PvE but I am a little confused on why you have to have Xbox live to play Fortnite BR on Xbox one but on PS4 you don’t need PlayStation Plus. I get that it is an online game but why have it different for different consoles? I play on Xbox one and I am not defending Xbox but I think that if Epic Games are going to make it one thing on one console, why not make it the same for both consoles?

Can I play Battle Royale without Xbox Live Gold?

Comment

• Cgoat20 commented
      Editing a comment
      No you have to have lice

So what you guys are saying is i dont need PS plus to play fortnite br?

Comment

• crXssed commented
      Editing a comment
      You dont need ps plus to play it online

Why do you have to pay xbox live gold to play fortnite battle royale because i play xbox and i have to pay online to get in battle royale why do i have to pay pls anwser and make a deal with xbox i cant play the game right now ???????????????????????? And if you not can make a deal you dont have me anymlre as fortnite fan
    Last edited by NLxDaan; 02-13-2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• MadCheshire1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      Xbox wont shed a tear of u leave. But honestly choosing to leave because u cant play fortnite offline? Seriously? How do u think you're able to play with other players on fortnite? Through online. That's how. Just like u need to pay, to use the internet such as Xfinity wifi or Verizon fios internet. It's the same thing. U need an internet connection to use your Xbox One, as 98% of Xbox One games are digital copies. Meaning, u have to purchase them through the Microsoft xbox store. So stop throwing a fit, pay the $10/month for xbox live, or pay for 3 months at a time. Which is $25 for 3 months of xbox live gold membership. Which 3 months of gold membership is actually half the cost of what internet provider companies charge per month. Which is anywhere from $60/ month, up to $100/month.

Make a deal with Sony/MS pls

Comment

Originally posted by EliteSniper9036 View Post
      So what you guys are saying is i dont need PS plus to play fortnite br?
      No you don't.

Originally posted by NLxDaan View Post
      Why do you have to pay xbox live gold to play fortnite battle royale because i play xbox and i have to pay online to get in battle royale why do i have to pay pls anwser and make a deal with xbox i cant play the game right now ???????????????????????? And if you not can make a deal you dont have me anymlre as fortnite fan
      What a loss for Fortnite.
      Last edited by ING_ZA; 02-20-2018, 09:15 PM.
      [COLOR=#cc66ff][I]A wise man once said nothing.[/I][/COLOR]

Comment

This has very little to do with Epic, contact Microsoft and ask them if the can make it so that fortnite plays with out xbox live... im PS4 but ive plus either way so makes no difference to me

Comment

Originally posted by NLxDaan View Post
          Because Microsoft and Xbox suck. Bailed on them after the 360 (well, pretty much bailed on Consoles). They require a lot of BS to play their console.

Comment

You guys really need to learn more about your consoles. PS4 doesn't require you to have plus to access some of your internet features except for online playing, where as XBOX One requires Live to access some of the internet features. So EpicGames is using this as a way to have Fortnite BR be like you're playing Netflix This is not an EpicGames problem this is a Microsoft problem...Please learn more about your consoles before you come back and blame Fortnite.

Comment

You literally just pay 100$ a year for Xbox gold, you get a FREE game every month, 75% or 50% off deals every half-month. And you can play any game you want. Doesn’t seem like a BS deal to me

Comment

• MadCheshire1988 commented
                Editing a comment
                Its $60/yr to use Xbox Live. Not $100. Its $9.00/month or use the bundle live & pay $25 for 3 months or $60 for 12 months. It's never been $100. I've been with Xbox since 2008 & it's always been $60 for 12 months, which is $5/day. Now they have $10 for 1 month$25 for 3 months or $60 for 12 months.

Originally posted by SSHADY64 View Post
              You literally just pay 100$ a year for Xbox gold, you get a FREE game every month, 75% or 50% off deals every half-month. And you can play any game you want. Doesn’t seem like a BS deal to me
              Actually PS4 gets the same deals and as well as 2+ free games every month. WE DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR PS PLUS FOR F2P games lol. You were saying?

Comment

Xbox one is garbage. Anyone want to buy mine? It collects dust ????

Comment

• rxdk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Give it to me

• rxdk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How much can I buy it for

Because Fortnite is sucking PS4's balls. PS4 also has crossplay, and a free 1200 vbucks skin. Would I buy a PS4 for it though? No. PS4 has a UI that makes me want to barf. And the only reason anyone owned PS3's is because online is free, so idk why the hell people are buying PS4's.

Comment

For the people who are still confused its becuse xbox has different polices than sony on xbox all online play requires xbl but on psn they have a policy saying that the developer of the game has the choice to require ps+ or not so most free to play games and some game you buy can be played without ps+. (ex. Killing floor & dying light are a couple i know of) there is a reason i dont usualy play xbox tho i have one and this is one of them

Comment

For me this is kinda of like, buying a Ferrari and complaining it costs too much to put gas in it. You bought the 400 dollar system, and you buy 80 dollar games regularly... why cant you just buy xbox live? its like 60 dollars and comes along with many free games / discounts.

People pay 50 dollars a month on a cell phone bill, but cant pay 5 dollars a month for xbox live?

Comment

Working...
                    X