X

Please do not bring the 'Black Knight' skin back/to the shop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do not bring the 'Black Knight' skin back/to the shop

Hey guys. I've now talked to two different Epic Games coworkers about this topic. Both had different ideas but both of them are not sure how to handle the situation.

I'd like to start a discussion about Seasonal/Battle Pass skins. Especially the rare ones you may get after hundreds of hours.
    I asked the support what their future plans for the Battle Pass skins are. Will they come back? Will they simply head to the shop? Or will they be limited for the people who played at that certain time.

Well my opinion is pretty clear. I think they should stay limited just how the ranked skins in League of Legends work. You put a lot of effort into getting the skin, you get it and that's it. Next season will be a new theme but your skin won't come back.

What do you guys think? It would be a shame if I'd be able to buy the skin for 20 bucks after the season ends I think.Hey guys. I've now talked to two different Epic Games coworkers about this topic. Both had different ideas but both of them are not sure how to handle the situation.

I'd like to start a discussion about Seasonal/Battle Pass skins. Especially the rare ones you may get after hundreds of hours.
    I asked the support what their future plans for the Battle Pass skins are. Will they come back? Will they simply head to the shop? Or will they be limited for the people who played at that certain time.

Well my opinion is pretty clear. I think they should stay limited just how the ranked skins in League of Legends work. You put a lot of effort into getting the skin, you get it and that's it. Next season will be a new theme but your skin won't come back.

What do you guys think? It would be a shame if I'd be able to buy the skin for 20 bucks after the season ends I think.

You say the same things over and over again...

Comment

The rare skins you get with battle pass should stay limited. No discussion!

Comment

Ya for this season...but don’t go acting like everyone worked for the black knight skin lol. Just about everyone has bought it. It would probably take you 8 hours a day every day to get to tier 70 at this point. Over the next 8 weeks that this season lasts? Sure more will earn it. But at this point, most have bought the skin. Nothing special about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blasto95 View Post
          Ya for this season...but don’t go acting like everyone worked for the black knight skin lol. Just about everyone has bought it. It would probably take you 8 hours a day every day to get to tier 70 at this point. Over the next 8 weeks that this season lasts? Sure more will earn it. But at this point, most have bought the skin. Nothing special about that.
          You are wrong, friend. Season lasts another 60 days(?) every day you get 2 quests that allow you to upgrade tier. So that leaves only 10 tiers for which you have to grind.

Comment

Originally posted by The 0ld Nite View Post

You are wrong, friend. Season lasts another 60 days(?) every day you get 2 quests that allow you to upgrade tier. So that leaves only 10 tiers for which you have to grind.
            I’m saying up to this point...very few if any have actually gone up 70 tiers in what has it been 2 weeks? I agree. People will earn it before the season is over. But those with it now, very likely payed for at least some, if not most or all those tiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Blasto95 View Post

I’m saying up to this point...very few if any have actually gone up 70 tiers in what has it been 2 weeks? I agree. People will earn it before the season is over. But those with it now, very likely payed for at least some, if not most or all those tiers.
              Grind up 70 tiers of battle pass in 2 weeks is insane. I agree noone has done it without buying tiers.

Comment

• Davin.e commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m pretty late here but this poses me off. I’ve worked for Black Knight without spending ANY money on buying tiers. Don’t believe me? I’ll send you a picture of my payment history.

If you want it to remain limited it shouldn't be paid. It currently is paid because you can't get to tier 70 without buying battlepass and even if you did you'd have to buy the pass to unlock the reward.

You might think you earned it but you paid for it. It was just locked behind a grind that you paid to do.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiinRaiin View Post
                Hey guys. I've now talked to two different Epic Games coworkers about this topic. Both had different ideas but both of them are not sure how to handle the situation.

What do you guys think? It would be a shame if I'd be able to buy the skin for 20 bucks after the season ends I think.Hey guys. I've now talked to two different Epic Games coworkers about this topic. Both had different ideas but both of them are not sure how to handle the situation.

What do you guys think? It would be a shame if I'd be able to buy the skin for 20 bucks after the season ends I think.
                I have the battle passed completed and I wouldn't care if they brought it back.

Comment

If you unlocked the black knight in season 2 will you get to keep it for season 3?

Comment

bmXHunters Yes, you permanently unlock it.
                    @All, everything in the Season 2 Battle Pass was officially announced as "Exclusive" meaning you can not EVER get it if you don't unlock it before Season 3!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Bowser View Post
                      bmXHunters Yes, you permanently unlock it.
                      @All, everything in the Season 2 Battle Pass was officially announced as "Exclusive" meaning you can not EVER get it if you don't unlock it before Season 3!
                      And how can you know this information for sure? I'm not ready to go for the skin until it's actually confirmed by a dev or such.

Comment

PLEASE DO BRING BACK THE SKIN. I only started playing last month and the Black Knight skin was the only one I wanted. If I had KNOWN that they would be locking it off to me forever if I didn’t reach the max level in time then I would have just payed my way to max level like I’m sure a lot of other people did. I don’t think it’s fair to block off old skins from people who are willing to pay for it simply because someone else payed for it earlier. If there was no money involved with unlocking I would understand OP’s point but because the ability to unlock it with cash already existed at one point any false “prestige” you feel about unlocking it early is unfounded. Please give some of use a chance to have the skin I would have payed for it if I had known I wouldn’t ever be able to get it again.

Comment

I came into season 2 pretty late. I grinned for a long time but eventually switched from PS4 to x box one. Progress doesn't Cary over and I had to even get the pass again. There was no way for me to get the black knight skin but I love that theme so much. I really want it to comeback in some form. Ideally I would love for it to come to the shop. If that's not possible I would love a definitive statement so that I dont have to keep hoarding and not spending my vbucks just in case they make the skin for sale.

Comment

I don't have the Black Armor, but I still think it shouldn't come back. If someone really earned this skin, or bought his way through it spending a ton of money, they kinda deserve to have it for their own. Being late to the party, not being able to play enough every day or not having enough money sucks, but it's just tough luck. There are many cool skins in fortnite, I don't see the need for some particular skins to be buyable.

Comment

Working...
                            X