X

keyboard and mouse support for Xbox One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyboard and mouse support for Xbox One

with keyboard + mouse support slowly integrating itself onto the Xbox One, and since there’s already keyboard and mouse support on the PS4, it would be nice to see Epic put keyboard and mouse support on the XB1 version.

also, theres the fact that the keyboard and mouse support can give advantages to other players. thats true, but for me it would feel amazing to walk around and aim at other players with better percision and whatnot. but i’m guessing they’ll add this once the Xbox joins the cross-compatibility support between PC and PS4.

(i made a poll for you guys to vote on this topic :p)

EDIT: apparently you can use the keyboard on the xbox but it only does certain actions like jumping, moving, and selecting items from your hotbar, but mouse controls and sprinting doesnt work.
    Last edited by ISuckAtF0rtnite; 02-13-2018, 03:43 PM.

And PS4 ;)

Comment

Originally posted by HamsterMan030 View Post
      And PS4 ;)
      doesnt PS4 already have keyboard and mouse support since its cross compatible with PC?

Comment

• JustWibbly commented
        Editing a comment
        Xbox one is cross platform with pc

yes, all you have to do is plug in the mouse and keyboard via usb into the front of the ps4 and then you can change the keybindings for PS4. This is good, however you CAN'T change the DPI for your mouse and the in game sensitivity only goes down so far, so you run into the problem of having a really really fast sensitivity. also, there is no cursor. When you plug in the mouse, there is literally no cursor, so you gotta have your controller near by to do the little things like start a game, or change the position of your guns/meds/shields. It is kind of annoying but you get used to it eventually. oh and keep in mind, PS4 has aim assist for PS4 controllers. If you plug in a mouse and keyboard, you don't get aim assist. I find it easier to use a controller on console but thats just me

Comment

• sp3ctre LEO188 commented
        Editing a comment
        there is a cursor in the game

Originally posted by ADuckOnSumQuack View Post
      yes, all you have to do is plug in the mouse and keyboard via usb into the front of the ps4 and then you can change the keybindings for PS4. This is good, however you CAN'T change the DPI for your mouse and the in game sensitivity only goes down so far, so you run into the problem of having a really really fast sensitivity. also, there is no cursor. When you plug in the mouse, there is literally no cursor, so you gotta have your controller near by to do the little things like start a game, or change the position of your guns/meds/shields. It is kind of annoying but you get used to it eventually. oh and keep in mind, PS4 has aim assist for PS4 controllers. If you plug in a mouse and keyboard, you don't get aim assist. I find it easier to use a controller on console but thats just me
      I'm right there with you. Aiming with a Mouse on PS4 is incredibly jagged, using a Controller is much nicer.

Comment

holy moly! 216 votes!? never expected this post to get that many votes...

Comment

It's Microsofts call, not EPIC GAMES, it's a software issue to use peripherals.

Comment

• Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Microsoft already I agree it's up to epic games

Originally posted by vNomaDx View Post
          It's Microsofts call, not EPIC GAMES, it's a software issue to use peripherals.
          Minecraft has keyboard and mouse on Xbox, so microsoft should allow it if Epic Games makes a push for it im sure there wouldn't be a problem. p.s that play anywhere list has gotta include free games like fortnite so we can play with our console buddies.

Comment

• M4ZH UPYT commented
            Editing a comment
            Who cares about Minecraft lol

Microsoft already allowed it back in 2017 :D

Comment

I think this would be very good and handy for people who would like to try keyboard and mouse on xbox one

Comment

Epic please give us keyboard and mouse on xbox one?

Comment

Just add it!!

Comment

so uhh they announced cross play with all of the other platforms today sooo that means we gettin it soon...?

Comment

Originally posted by ISuckAtF0rtnite View Post
                    so uhh they announced cross play with all of the other platforms today sooo that means we gettin it soon...?
                    i guess, it would be cool

Comment

Keyboard and mouse would be so good. I used to be a pc gamer before I switched to Xbox so I have a great keyboard and mouse that I have been dying to use

Comment

• Luc1an27 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yea its that giid
                    Working...
                    X