Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic, please stop adding weapons and start fixing some.

Collapse
X

Epic, please stop adding weapons and start fixing some.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic, please stop adding weapons and start fixing some.

Edit: I rewrote this to make it less controversial but still prove my point. This is my opinion. This doesn't need to be a huge argument.

An important thing to game development is balance and making sure that players can have a choice and preference on what weapons they want to use. And I think everyone would benefit from changes. I feel like it's mostly close range fights that need to be reworked. When I say that I mean people always choose shotguns over SMG's, or pistols. I think that you should be able to somewhat "choose" what weapon you like the most and fight with that when you have the chance.
    • Shotguns: Too OP. (I personally don't like the idea of 2 types of shotguns, but it's fine I guess.)
    • SMG: Not powerful at all. Needs a buff.
    • Pistol: It works and does the job well enough; but it feels real weird to use. It just isn't "comfortable".
    Also. I personally hate the crossbow. I can live with the idea of infinite ammo, but the weapon just doesn't fit in with the game. With literally every other weapon in the game being guns or grenades, having and old crossbow feels out of place. Especially during Valentines Day, we have a pink crossbow that shoots hearts in this FPS. I know that Fortnite isn't really about being all tough like other popular FPS's, but this is really just too far.

I HATE the new dance emote. It's all creepy and sounds like it's from the 40's. All of the other dance's songs are techno, crisp, or at least more modern. Again' it doesn't fit in.

An important thing is that soon this game will have thousands of emotes and skins. When that happens, there won't be as much hype for skins or emotes when they come out. And even if you do have an awesome skin, nobody will care as much because then there will be tons of other ones competing with it.

Lastly, I feel like Epic is running out of ideas for new content. At first the new items were like the silenced pistol, having a better map, temporarily letting players play 50v50, and much more. Now it's degraded to dances and crossbows. (The crossbow is way too OP I need to give it that.) At least it feels like it. Now, I'm not saying I don't like the game. It's my favorite game right now. I just think any game could always use improvements, and these are the improvements I think would personally be the best for the community.
    Last edited by Derpidux; 02-09-2018, 06:00 PM.

So basically you just want to be able to kill people faster? How is this balancing?

You also just want to be able to survive easier and heal faster? So.... you want the game to be easier? lmao. This is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Derpidux View Post
      Ok, I know it's technically "Early Access" even for Battle Royale, but it really isn't. So they need to fix stuff.
      I'm not going to elaborate on what's wrong with your post piece by piece. I'll just try to generalize it. I'm not quite sure what you don't understand about early access or what it means, but the game is early access. It isn't finished yet. They're allowing people to play it early to get feedback. The problem is that everyone decides to male their own post about the same garbage almost 100 other people have already said rather than searching to see if their topic is already posted. Then you can add to that conversation. Most of what you've talked about is something that has already changed in the shooting test #1. And to sum it up the same way i have in about 10 otger topics, the shotgun in this game functions in roughly the same way a real shotgun does. Just because to can't hit someone in call of duty with a shotgun from more than 10 feet away doesn't mean that's realistic. Shotguns are perfectly lethal irl from over 100 yards and are just as inconsistant from that distance.

Comment

The only thing I can say. shotguns need rework and fix that random damage even if you are aming just right!

Comment

So I'm going to simplify what you said " I suck and make the game easier for me" get good mate. All of what you said to get removed/added makes the game easier if you remove or add that it would make the skill gap smaller
          Last edited by RulerofGold; 02-08-2018, 11:58 PM.

Comment

While I agree they should stop adding weapons. Shotguns should not be buffed, you just want another weapon to be best at close range it makes no sense as the shotgun SHOULD be the best weapon close range.
            Chug - does not need more time as it 15 seconds is more then enough. I been ****ed by this many times, trying to heal in a fight with that is almost impossible.
            Boogie bomb: they already nerfed it, once u get shot first time ur out of it.

I basicly disagree with everything you wrote down exept the title-
            Last edited by Nosetalgia; 02-09-2018, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Astengeoff View Post
              the shotgun in this game functions in roughly the same way a real shotgun does. Just because to can't hit someone in call of duty with a shotgun from more than 10 feet away doesn't mean that's realistic. Shotguns are perfectly lethal irl from over 100 yards and are just as inconsistant from that distance.
              Does that mean they could add nuclear bombs to instantly kill all other players in the game because it would be realistic? I mean, it's perfectly lethal IRL!

Comment

Shotguns are perfectly lethal irl from over 100 yards and are just as inconsistant from that distance.
                Sorry but unless your shooting a 3ga.bird gun which takes 2 people or a mount and is completely illegal you arent doing any lethal damage to anything at that range. Unless your using slugs you wont make it over 75 yards with any kind of damage except maybe in the eye.

Comment

I'm not quite sure what you don't understand about early access or what it means, but the game is early access. It isn't finished yet. They're allowing people to play it early to get feedback.
                  Battle Royale wasn't really ever Early Access. Of course Save the World is, but not BR. If something is free, it's not Early Access, it might be a "beta", but not Early Access. Look at this quote from Wikipedia:
                  "Early Access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can pay for a game in the various development cycles (pre-alpha, alpha, beta) and obtain access to the pre-full release versions of the game"

And honestly Battle Royale really is finished. Not in a way the the development is done; but in the way it's playable, polished, and not incredibly unbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_amstaff View Post
                    the only thing i can say. Shotguns need rework and fix that random damage even if you are aming just right!
                    yes i 100% agree with this statement.
                    Shotguns are all people use because the alternatives (smgs) are trash for close range.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Saint Lit View Post

yes i 100% agree with this statement.
                      Shotguns are all people use because the alternatives (smgs) are trash for close range.
                      Totally has a point. Someone find the clip where Grimmz hit a headshot with a pump point blank and it did 9 damage. And I'm not exaggerating.

Nevermind found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzX0fcTRAMk

Comment

The shotgun is pretty inconsistent. I think the game glitches occasionally and messes with shotgun damage, either that or de-sync kicks in. Grimmz watched his own clip and slowed it down showing him pump someone in their face and only doing 9 damage. I've personally tac'd someone in the face beginning game, no shield, for 100 up and they didn't die.
                        honestly I'm fine with what they have except they need to work on shotgun pellets, de-sync, and hit box.
                        About 5 or 6 times I've sniped at someone's head without going back out of scope and it phased through his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikehamtaro View Post
                          The shotgun is pretty inconsistent. I think the game glitches occasionally and messes with shotgun damage, either that or de-sync kicks in. Grimmz watched his own clip and slowed it down showing him pump someone in their face and only doing 9 damage. I've personally tac'd someone in the face beginning game, no shield, for 100 up and they didn't die.
                          honestly I'm fine with what they have except they need to work on shotgun pellets, de-sync, and hit box.
                          About 5 or 6 times I've sniped at someone's head without going back out of scope and it phased through his head.
                          So basically the shotgun is OP, and it's glitchy. Those are 2 red flags to developers that Epic should be handling.

Comment

Working...
                          X