X

Oh Look, Another "Pls Nerf Shotguns" Post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Look, Another "Pls Nerf Shotguns" Post

I'm growing tired of shotguns. Most of my deaths have been thanks to shotguns and it's just not fun anymore. When I'm lucky enough to have 200 hp I shouldn't hesitate to enter a building because there might be a guy with a pump shotgun capable of bringing me down to 0 hp with a single shot. Shotguns are discouraging me to explore and engage in close proximity battles because 9 out of 10 times it just ends up in a bunny hopping shotgun contest and that's not what Fortnite should be.

The shotguns are extremely overpowered. Fortnite has never been about realism and yet the shotguns are as realistic as they can be. It'd be better in my opinion if all shotguns were limited to 20 damage and 40 for a headshot. This way there's more time to actually react to a shotgun because as of now if someone surprises you and he's got a shottie, you're dead.

I would say the majority of my deaths in this game are from spam nades or jump shotties. The weapon imbalance in this game isn't entirely absurd but it's right up there.

You can't have realistic (unrealistic) measures on one end of the spectrum but I have to hold a thumb to the wind to make sure my sniper rifle is on point.

Comment

When a shotgun does more damage than a assault rifle at medium range we certainly have a problem! This game claims to be about strategie, but it all about how well you perform with the pump.

Comment

What do you mean? Shotguns are fair and balanced.

i dont see the problem on a weapon that does over 200 damage while a CQB equivalent (SMG's) do less than 20 damage

Comment

Definetely on the first shooting test it was "on point", right now they put back some hs damage for shotguns and it's almost the same...

Comment

If you hesitate to enter a building in fear of a pump shotty camper, then build yourself up to an advantage point, and fire away at the building. That camper will have no idea what to do!

The shotty hopping is kind of annoying sometimes. But once again, BUILD! Teach the person that you will not play their game.

I really hope you were being sarcastic when you said shottys should do 20-40 damage. That's quite the nerf, an unneeded need
            Help the Community Moderators by flagging posts that violate the forum guidelines :)

Note: I don't work for Epic Games

Comment

ppl are going to cry and cry and make the shotguns ****, then the rockets are going to come into play big time, then ppl are going to cry, about the shotguns are to weak i keep getting wrecked by rockets up close

Comment

Originally posted by TmaxxCraZy View Post
                ppl are going to cry and cry and make the shotguns ****, then the rockets are going to come into play big time, then ppl are going to cry, about the shotguns are to weak i keep getting wrecked by rockets up close
                Rockets have been in play forever. Just then people started double pumping and that is WAY more f'n lame than rockets.

I carried 2 rockets last game, you cannot do the same thing. If pump shotguns don't require pumping switching between the two, rocket launchers shouldn't require putting a rocket in each one switching between the two.

Comment

Agree.. shotgun is really easy to use so just nerf that overpowered RNG ********.. shotguns are cancer of every game

Comment

Shotgun is getting a fix. Check this, has link to the original twitter post + the same dev has commented on the thread too. https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/...ble_pump_nerf/

Comment

It's been all this time and it's still in development and the pump shotguns haven't changed lol its funny to see how long this has been a consistent bug in fortnite yet we continously support epic with our money....they are screwing us all. Maybe we should Boycott?

Comment

Working...
                      X