Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They are removing SMG's??

Collapse
X

They are removing SMG's??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    They are removing SMG's??

    So according to this post

    https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...development-v4

    At the section: Weekly updates, items and features.

    It's written that in the next week they are temporarily (maybe permanently) removing SMG's from the game. The excuse is to adjust the loot table and make room for more guns.

    So I personally about 3 days ago started using the tactical submachine gun

    In my arsenal because I got tired of RNG shotgun headshots for 12-18 dmg from tactical / pump because of spread, bloom and Delay.
    And no I am not a bad player, I roll 6-10 kda Weekly with a 30%+ winrate in duos and Squads.

    The tactical submachine gun is more reliable and with proper building you can easily outperform a shotgun player trying to hit you from below.

    If you should remove anything from the game then remove the Minigun as it's probably the worst designed weapon in this game so far as ANY noob can hold down the shooting button and out dmg any building performed which rewards absolutely no proper gameplay.

    If you are basing your removal of SMG's on most used item, then Ofc. the smg is less used as DOUBLE PUMPING is clearly more prefered atm as it's completely broken in which you ANNUL a cooldown animation by simply swapping weapons.
    So ofc the tactical smgs are going to be used less than a shotgun, it doesn't take a guy with 150 IQ to figure this out, ofc unless you are blizzard employees then perhaps that's the case.

    And smoke grenades surely have seen their fair share of use "Kappa" as people throw then away to clear inventory.

    Am I personally offended by this decision? YES
    Because it's not a logical decision to make. It seems like a lazy excuse to clear a pool of items that they can't be bothered to balance out further even though the tactical submachine gun actually started to feel good as pistols and Submachine guns are the only weapons with 250% headshot multiplier which was what gave them an edge, and tactical submachine gun having a good firerate actually making it good.

    But F it, if this is the way the game is going, I guess I'll join in on the double pump team and spread the cancer some more.

    Well played epic games.

    Attached Files

    #2
    Honestly I would want the Tactical SMG to stay as i also prefer to use it more than shotguns. Im tired of the RNG shotguns spit out even on a headshot.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Spyboyout View Post
      Honestly I would want the Tactical SMG to stay as i also prefer to use it more than shotguns. Im tired of the RNG shotguns spit out even on a headshot.
      Exactly!

      https://clips.twitch.tv/CorrectGrote...urDeIlluminati

      Clip as example, the opponent manages to fire 1 tactical shot before he's melted
      melted - Clipped by MiqiGS

      Comment


        #4
        If they manage to somehow introduce a weapon that is better or equal to the smg i don't mind

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Twitch MiqiGS View Post
          So according to this post

          https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...development-v4

          At the section: Weekly updates, items and features.

          It's written that in the next week they are temporarily (maybe permanently) removing SMG's from the game. The excuse is to adjust the loot table and make room for more guns.

          So I personally about 3 days ago started using the tactical submachine gun

          In my arsenal because I got tired of RNG shotgun headshots for 12-18 dmg from tactical / pump because of spread, bloom and Delay.
          And no I am not a bad player, I roll 6-10 kda Weekly with a 30%+ winrate in duos and Squads.

          The tactical submachine gun is more reliable and with proper building you can easily outperform a shotgun player trying to hit you from below.

          If you should remove anything from the game then remove the Minigun as it's probably the worst designed weapon in this game so far as ANY noob can hold down the shooting button and out dmg any building performed which rewards absolutely no proper gameplay.

          If you are basing your removal of SMG's on most used item, then Ofc. the smg is less used as DOUBLE PUMPING is clearly more prefered atm as it's completely broken in which you ANNUL a cooldown animation by simply swapping weapons.
          So ofc the tactical smgs are going to be used less than a shotgun, it doesn't take a guy with 150 IQ to figure this out, ofc unless you are blizzard employees then perhaps that's the case.

          And smoke grenades surely have seen their fair share of use "Kappa" as people throw then away to clear inventory.

          Am I personally offended by this decision? YES
          Because it's not a logical decision to make. It seems like a lazy excuse to clear a pool of items that they can't be bothered to balance out further even though the tactical submachine gun actually started to feel good as pistols and Submachine guns are the only weapons with 250% headshot multiplier which was what gave them an edge, and tactical submachine gun having a good firerate actually making it good.

          But F it, if this is the way the game is going, I guess I'll join in on the double pump team and spread the cancer some more.

          Well played epic games.
          I'm questioning if the Devs have an IQ. If they are even paying attention to the problems plaguing the game. I used to love the pistol, then they inexplicably nerfed the accuracy of it, and now pistols are the most useless weapons in the game outside of killing a shieldless person in the early game. The end game is just always the same thing, Scars, Snipers, and shotguns, with plenty of shields/bunny hopping.

          Comment


            #6
            SMG, not Tactical SMG...

            Tactical SMG is great, Silenced SMG is kind of garbage, but no one uses the actual SMG. The fact that you're all thinking that they mean the Tactical SMG means that you probably forgot the base SMG existed in the first place, which is the reason they're Vaulting it.

            Comment


              #7
              V.2.5.0 SMG Explained
              The regular SMG (All rarities: gray/green/blue) are the only SMGs leaving. Granted apparently that's quite a few players' SMG of choice. The Silenced and Tactical editions will still be kept in the game.
              Community Moderator (Forum Llama )

              Note: I do not work for Epic Games. I'm only an active community member volunteering information where I can.

              Comment


                #8
                I believe the idea behind putting weapons into the "vault" is to allow them to introduce new weapons without diluting the pool as a whole, and rotating different weapons in and out of the game on a semi-regular basis. I'm a big fan of this idea as it will keep the game fresh as different loadouts become available as weapons are swapped out and new weapons introduced. Of course, it may or may not turn out to actually work like this, but that's my hope. In my mind, Fortnite isn't about being the most tactical, realistic shooter on the market; it's about being the most FUN. And because of that, I'd honestly be fine if they were to rotate out all of the best guns in the game and for a couple of weeks all we had to play with is grenade launchers, crossbows, and revolvers because that would be goofy and fun.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Knifelheim View Post
                  I believe the idea behind putting weapons into the "vault" is to allow them to introduce new weapons without diluting the pool as a whole, and rotating different weapons in and out of the game on a semi-regular basis. I'm a big fan of this idea as it will keep the game fresh as different loadouts become available as weapons are swapped out and new weapons introduced. Of course, it may or may not turn out to actually work like this, but that's my hope. In my mind, Fortnite isn't about being the most tactical, realistic shooter on the market; it's about being the most FUN. And because of that, I'd honestly be fine if they were to rotate out all of the best guns in the game and for a couple of weeks all we had to play with is grenade launchers, crossbows, and revolvers because that would be goofy and fun.
                  Couldn't have said it any better.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Whether u like it or not cycling of weapons is probably a necessity. At this rate in a month there will be 200 guns in the game so the loot disparity will be ludacris. Smgs in general are trash and widely unused unless the first gun u grab lol. Don’t know why this is in your “load out” but hey whatever your good w I guess. I agree w the pump tho that **** is trash to many scrubs rely on double pump to get kills, toss that dumpster gun into the vault.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X