How do I get better at this game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get better at this game?

I’m absolutely trash at this game. I lose every 1v1 fight unless I get lucky. I have over 700 games played and I just can’t figure out what am I doing wrong. I don’t care about winning I just want to be a better player. Any advice?

Do you build enough while in combat? I often forget to build myself some cover resulting in my death lol

Comment

Yes I’m actually quite good in building but it’s 1v1 in close quarters, inside buildings or in early game where I don’t have any materials yet where I die.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderBerg View Post
        I’m absolutely trash at this game. I lose every 1v1 fight unless I get lucky. I have over 700 games played and I just can’t figure out what am I doing wrong. I don’t care about winning I just want to be a better player. Any advice?
        I had the same problem before, but I managed to get better and better all until my first win. I was always just playing solo, maybe sometimes with my bro, but I just could not get better at the game. So I decided to do what was easiest, google it. And the best answer is to just play, man. Just don't think: I can never win. Tell yourself: I'm gonna kill somebody in this match, and win! That helps, realy much, actually. Find your favourtite weapon, maybe a tac shotgun, or an AR. After you're done with that, try get involved in gunfights. That is how you get better to aim and kill people.

Comment

AlexanderBerg a lot of it is just learning but since you have 700 games played.. I’d suggest watching YouTube videos on tips and tricks. As well as really good players like ninja and just watch how they play and try to use their strategies

Comment

I’ve tried that too. I often watch other streamers (Ninja, Myth, Daequan, Dakotaz, HighDistortion and more) but It just doesn’t seem to help me. I do have a few wins but those are mostly because of pure luck. Winning isn’t important to me, I just want to enjoy the game but it’s hard to enjoy when I’m die as soon as someone sees me.

Comment

Then try going to the right side of the map. Because after Tilted Tower and Shifty Shafts was added, everyone was starting going to the left side of the map. That is the best way to enjoy the map at least. Because if you see somebody and you have an AR, you can just kill'em, because the map is so open at the right side of the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Daskiel View Post
                Then try going to the right side of the map. Because after Tilted Tower and Shifty Shafts was added, everyone was starting going to the left side of the map. That is the best way to enjoy the map at least. Because if you see somebody and you have an AR, you can just kill'em, because the map is so open at the right side of the map.
                I’ve tried that too but I just end up dying as soon as I get into a close quarters fight with someone. I really suck at close distances.

Comment

I’ve tried that too but I just end up dying as soon as I get into a close quarters fight with someone. I really suck at close distances.
                  Try playing with other people like friends, I learned so much from playing squads and duos. If you don't have any matirials, just hide behind your teammate(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Daskiel View Post

Try playing with other people like friends, I learned so much from playing squads and duos. If you don't have any matirials, just hide behind your teammate(s).
                    I only have a few friends that play fortnite and they’re even worse than me. When I play random squads it’s just people that don’t want to play as a team and each player lands in a different spot.

Comment

I only have a few friends that play fortnite and they’re even worse than me. When I play random squads it’s just people that don’t want to play as a team and each player lands in a different spot.
                      I learned how to play fortnite by just playing. I was killed like 2 minutes in game, But I just continued like that until I survived longer and longer. That is how you learn Fortnite Battle Royale. The streamers you mentioned has another account they use to train on. If you have seen the stats of a super good fortnite player that has won more than they have played, they didn't startout like that. They just created a new account when they were at their best.

Comment

If you struggle at close distances try to avoid getting in those situations when possible.
                        I'm not good in close quarters either, and I've noticed recently I have better luck using an AR on bunny-hopping shotgunners. I just keep backing up as they rush me, and drop a wall if/when I get hit.
                        In buildings there's not really much you can do other than get outside to create more space.

Also try to think about positioning in engagements. The higher position usually has a better chance of winning. So avoid pushing up the stairs in a building, and try to avoid pushing up a hill to someone.

Finally, you might be having an issue with situational awareness. Which means you are usually reacting instead of engaging.
                        It's a lot easier to get the kill if you initiate the encounter, versus fight back after you've taken a couple hits.

Comment

In which way do you lose when your up close? You just miss the shots? They block the shots?

Comment

Originally posted by jaffy883 View Post

In which way do you lose when your up close? You just miss the shots? They block the shots?
                            I have a hard time hitting them at close distances and they kill me before I get any shots in.

Comment

I have a hard time hitting them at close distances and they kill me before I get any shots in.
                              If it is because they are jumping around, wait for them to land it is very easy to predict where they will land.

You might also need to lower your sensitivity, if you are on console make sure aim assist is on and aim down the sight before you shoot as it may auto correct your shot the tiniest amount. Crouching while shooting will make the spread a little more accurate.

Possibly avoid the fight if needed keep your distance where you are confident, when you watch other people you see them win a lot of fights, but it's fights they only go into knowing they will win, so don't take every fight if you don't need to. Not being very good try have full shield as well. If you have 90 health just use the med kit to get to 100 until you are more confident, that 10hp can save your life.

Another good thing is if you are inside a building only peak the right side because your bullets come from that side, if you peak on your left side you will most likely lose every fight.

Make sure you build!

But most of all it is a practice makes perfect sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X