Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downed Teammates shouldn't be able to be killed (Post #2)

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do not remove this post again moderators, the reason I am posting this again is because two little children decided it would be cool to argue on my post which wasn't even related to what the post was even about. So if anyone wants to read this please only respond with constructive feedback only and positive comments. Any moderators noticing problems on my post please simply remove the comments or message the people directly so I don't have to make another one. Also I had nothing to do with the argument if a moderator would like to verify that the other post should be on my profile. Thank you and please keep this post strictly to feedback and simple comments.

The amount of times in this game that I have been killed whilst being knocked down are uncountable. I have come up with what I believe to be a great idea that could change the way this game is played. The idea is this, when a player is downed they shouldn't be killable. I know this sounds stupid but many of my friends and lots of other people hate it when other players down them and just kill them while other players are shooting at them. It would make the game more fun if the enemy paid attention and stayed in the gunfight rather than ending one person and dying because of that. Because of this the enemy should ultimately take out the entire team in order to kill the downed players or the players could just all die like they already do. I feel this could prevent a lot of toxicity in the community. The whole reason of being downed in the game is to be revived to get a second chance. Players who shoot the teammates of enemies do it just for laughs I hear from a lot of people which in my opinion is stupid it's not fun for the person dying to be shot at instantly as they go down. This especially ****** me off when players who aren't even in the current battle start firing at downed players.I haven't thought of any negatives for this idea but I want to hear from the community about this idea. The whole point of this idea is to help players on both sides get better. If this was implemented enemies would continue to fight with the downed person's allies. That can show how you are a true player and know what you're doing. What I mean by that is that by continuing to fight you show you can fight whole teams. Downing someone and killing them shows that you only focus on getting the kill not the win. You have to kill to win but killing one person is not one team. If you kill the team you have a better chance of winning. Epic Games I say this directly to you if you are reading this, please consider making this idea or a similar version of this apart of the game. We the players love this community and want to keep playing but we also notice problems and dislike things about the game so we would like to help make it better.

I know that was long and went off track a little but I thought I would address the point and explain my reasoning. Thank you for reading if you did please leave your thoughts in the comments if you have any. Any reasons why this idea could be bad in-game would be very useful to know about so please comment about it.

If you REALLY want to get better. Go play LOTS of solo. That is the only way. Relying on teammates to constantly pick you up will NOT make you better. It will only make you a hindrance to the rest of your squad.

The whole put in being "knocked down" is to give your team a CHANCE to get you, does not mean you should automatically get another chance.

It's called Battle Royale for a reason. Battle royal (plural battles royal, also royale[1]) traditionally refers to a fight involving many combatants that is fought until only one fighter remains standing. In recent times, the term has been used in a more general sense to refer to any fight involving large numbers of people who are not organized into factions. Within combat sports, the term has a specific meaning, depending on the sports being discussed.

Sorry that you are upset that people kill you off once you are downed but that is part of the game my friend. Taking you out leaves your team with one less player making your team have the under hand in the situation afterwards.

We all have been killed by people that were in your initial gun fight. Do you not shoot at people who are fighting already? If so, that is your own fault. If you want to win, kill by any means necessary. The less players the other team has, the better chance your team has.

Comment

Constructive post:
      Bad idea.
      Example: Often 4 random people playing squads together, they jumping on the battlefield in 4 random places. 3 of them instantly get "knocked down", but one of them still alive on the other side of the map, sitting in the bush.
      He doesn't care about these 3, as result all 4 players just loosing their time

Comment

• Ηeptix commented
        Editing a comment
        then they leave lmao

the only thing i could say is to add a 5-10 seconds of invulnerability after you get downed in a close up fight but no timer when u get downed in a sniper fight of long ranged fight

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Legs_5 View Post
        the only thing i could say is to add a 5-10 seconds of invulnerability after you get downed in a close up fight but no timer when u get downed in a sniper fight of long ranged fight
        Mmm... I think the current timer of 2-3 seconds is fine.

Constructively speaking, I think the DBNO is fine, and if anything IMO should have 10-15% less time put on the clock.
        1. To me it makes no sense that once you're down, you automatically become Superman to anyone but your own blood leaving your body.
        2. As Se1pher has stated, I'm sure you'd be really frustrated if you're on the killing side, and knocked out 3 people, but the last guy was a random that landed somewhere else, and you had to babysit those deaths, only waiting for the chance at your team being gunned down by another team before the 3 people you knocked down died from bleeding out.
        3. If you're being picked off that easily in a firefight, you're in a vulnerable position that allowed the person who gunned you down to get that kill before dying. If they want make the dumb choice of killing one then costing themselves the game, then so be it. It sucks being on that end of the deal where you're the dead one, but those games happen. You die, you wait to see how your friends continue, you move on. Or, if you're in a party, and no one is too butthurt, party goes back to the lobby and picks you up and try again.
        Community Moderator (Forum Llama )

Note: I do not work for Epic Games. I'm only an active community member volunteering information where I can.

Comment

Constructive Post
          Nothing in this games makes me madder than getting killed when im down while there are still other teamates of mine that they should shooting at. But I know that sometimes I go into a 1x2 or even sometimes a 1v4 without any meds. So I knock 1 guy and I need some sort of meds to finish the rest of so my only choice is to kill the knocked teamate. I know it suckes to get killed while your knocked but it hased to be that way thats also the reason we cant just put a 3-5 secound timer on them.. When they start changing th premis of the game like that people are gonna start leaving and its gonna turn into just another crappy Minecraft.

I hope I didnt offend you at all because I know Ive hade my thoughts on turning off the ability to get killed whie your knocked.

Comment

Originally posted by xGarzilla View Post
            If you REALLY want to get better. Go play LOTS of solo. That is the only way. Relying on teammates to constantly pick you up will NOT make you better. It will only make you a hindrance to the rest of your squad.

The whole put in being "knocked down" is to give your team a CHANCE to get you, does not mean you should automatically get another chance.

It's called Battle Royale for a reason. Battle royal (plural battles royal, also royale[1]) traditionally refers to a fight involving many combatants that is fought until only one fighter remains standing. In recent times, the term has been used in a more general sense to refer to any fight involving large numbers of people who are not organized into factions. Within combat sports, the term has a specific meaning, depending on the sports being discussed.

Sorry that you are upset that people kill you off once you are downed but that is part of the game my friend. Taking you out leaves your team with one less player making your team have the under hand in the situation afterwards.

We all have been killed by people that were in your initial gun fight. Do you not shoot at people who are fighting already? If so, that is your own fault. If you want to win, kill by any means necessary. The less players the other team has, the better chance your team has.
            if you die in downed state whats the point of being revived in the first place your comment explains that less players on one team still have the under hand I am aware of that however what you're saying is basically what I'm saying I say that you shouldn't be killed when you're down which means that if you fight the whole team you will still kill the team and that is still less players to worry about. That is killing by any means necessary. Also your definition defines the solo aspect of the game not team based which unless you mean one person on the team left.

Comment

Originally posted by Se1pher View Post
              Constructive post:
              Bad idea.
              Example: Often 4 random people playing squads together, they jumping on the battlefield in 4 random places. 3 of them instantly get "knocked down", but one of them still alive on the other side of the map, sitting in the bush.
              He doesn't care about these 3, as result all 4 players just loosing their time
              like I said if they implement something like this similarly they can still keep the bleedout time I never said they had to remove that also if they want to to they can even add a suicide button lol for people who do that.

Comment

When your down, you get one second of immunity before you can be killed. Pretty sure this could be increased to at least 3 seconds at the very minimum

Comment

There is a suicide button. "Leave Game".

The ONLY reason for keeping a downed player alive is to bait the rest of the team in. If your team is hiding and you are out in the open, i am going to finish you off. That way my team has the upper hand in facing your team.

That's just how it is. That's how it is in ANY BR type game with a knock down. There is nothing that says i cannot finish off a knocked down player. It's called strategy.

Again, i understand the frustration from it. I've been that person who get taken out while my team is dancing in a base 300m away. It's part of the game.

If you cannot handle that, i suggest you play solo where you don't have to be worried about being knocked down.

Comment

I'm not trying to be mean or seem like an *******. Just telling you how it is.

Comment

Replace
                      Originally posted by DehLeh View Post

if you die in downed state whats the point of being revived in the first place your comment explains that less players on one team still have the under hand I am aware of that however what you're saying is basically what I'm saying I say that you shouldn't be killed when you're down which means that if you fight the whole team you will still kill the team and that is still less players to worry about. That is killing by any means necessary. Also your definition defines the solo aspect of the game not team based which unless you mean one person on the team left.
                      Replace "one fighter" with "one team". Voila.

Comment

Instead of making people immune to all damage. Epic just make it so there is no knocked down. Just kill instantly like solo mode.

Comment

xGarzilla **** how could you tell

Comment

Originally posted by drobbins52 View Post
                            xGarzilla **** how could you tell
                            Ancient Chinese Secret.

I'll never tell.

Comment

Working...
                            X