Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downed Teammates shouldn't be able to be killed (Post #2)

Collapse
X

Downed Teammates shouldn't be able to be killed (Post #2)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if you need ammo, meds, mats, or another gun? Often times I'll finish off people just to take their stuff because I need it.

Comment

The topic wasn’t deleted. It was closed due to the fact that it became non-constructive. This one will stay up and any irrelevant off-topic posts will be deleted.
      -chops

Community Leader - Fortnite.

Comment

Like others said above, mechanically and in practice, this would be impossible.

Comment

This isn't about skill, this is about playing with friends. If it's a bunch of randoms i don't care if i get "finished" because i can just join a new game. When i get finished by a group of people that thinks it's more entertaining to kill me at the cost of their own life - guess what? that doesn't make me feel better.

i think it should be a something akin to

the closer your team is to you, the harder you are to finish off. The further away, the easier.

this way, you get punished for not being with your team, but the enemy finds it completely impractical to finish you when the danger if very real.

Comment

Dude thats what makes fortnite so gooooood you can dance on knocked down players killing them quickly or slow and painful lol ,,, I personally think your not a good player and you are knocked down quite a lot ... Suck it up buttercup, get better at the game
            Last edited by crow4433; 03-08-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Yes and no, sure it’s annoying to be killed off but at the same time I do it just in case the person that is downed is calling out where I am to their teammates. If I kill you, you can’t tell your friends where I am. But at the same time if I get knocked down and my teammates are right near me I hate being killed when my teammate is shooting you. It’s a coin flip

Comment

Having read all comments in this thread there are aspects that I agree with on both sides. It is one of the most frustrating and toxicity-generating things in BR when an enemy chooses to kill a downed teamate out of spite before they die rather than taking the fight for the win. But pure invulnerability for those downed would be daft.
                Bleedout is already present but waiting around for that to end if a downed enemy's teammate was at the other end of the map would be pointless.

Apologies if the following idea has been posted elsewhere, I'm yet to read it so far.

What would be the scope to introducing a link between teammates based on proximity, so if a downed teammate is within a 10-20 meter in-game radius of you then they would be invulnerable to external damage and could only die from bleedout/zone damage. This would ensure that a team fight would continue in a more sportsman-like way while making sure that ransora across the map would be killable as is possible now.

Please let me know your feedback and opinions on this idea, I'd be interested to know how the community feels about it. And apologies again if this idea has appeared elsewhere outside of my knowledge!

Comment

You all are missing the point, but the solution is easy. It's Epic, what game did Epic make that had downing? Gears of War. Put executions in the game. If you want to kill a downed enemy, than you have to be vulnerable for 3-5 seconds, just like in Gears. Epic loves making money with micro transactions, they could sell executions as well.

The worst thing about duos/squads, is when you are right next to your downed teammate, and the enemy is going for the clear. Instead of fighting you, he goes for insta clear, while your pump does 15-45 Headshot damage, resulting in your mate dying.

Comment

A solution could be that when you are killed, you could be invulnerable, but drop all of your loot. This would prevent people from finishing you and giving your teammate a chance to revive you, and it would give the enemies loot that they could use to kill the rest of your team. I find that a lot of people finish teammates because they need loot (like the early game). This solution would let people get loot in the early game while still giving a chance to the other teammates. The most infuriating thing about this game is when someone in your team gets finished, so pretty much you have no chance of winning.

P.S. In my friend group, I am usually not the player who gets knocked down, but once I kill the enemy team I have to leave the game and restart bc my friends are out of the game just waiting for me to die. The only time I ever finish an enemy is only when they have finished my teammate.

If you find any negative unintended side-effects please leave a comment and how you would make this idea better.

Comment

A solution could be that when you are killed, you could be invulnerable, but drop all of your loot. This would prevent people from finishing you and giving your teammate a chance to revive you, and it would give the enemies loot that they could use to kill the rest of your team. I find that a lot of people finish teammates because they need loot (like the early game). This solution would let people get loot in the early game while still giving a chance to the other teammates. The most infuriating thing about this game is when someone in your team gets finished, so pretty much you have no chance of winning.

P.S. In my friend group, I am usually not the player who gets knocked down, but once I kill the enemy team I have to leave the game and restart bc my friends are out of the game just waiting for me to die. The only time I ever finish an enemy is only when they have finished my teammate.

If you find any negative unintended side-effects please leave a comment and how you would make this idea better.

Comment

This is a bad idea. You should absolutely be able to kill a knocked enemy. You're suddenly immune to bullets because you are on your hands and knees? Just git gud kid.

Comment

Working...
                        X