X

Discussion about the RPG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion about the RPG

The other thread got locked, so I'm going to create a new thread for it. Please keep it constructive.

These are the things we don't want to see....
    • Irrelevant Topics, e.g. other weapons, rng mechanics, etc.
    • If you're garbage at the game, please don't offer any instruction. Feel free to input your opinion or criticism, but instruction and opinion are not the same. (I don't care if you disagree, people who are better at the game automatically have a more valid argument and opinion due to experience and skill. Why do you think so many people listen to the top-tier streamers? It doesn't matter if we aren't the "future" of Fortnite.)

In my opinion, I think the damage is fine. I think it could use a one second increase in reload, and POSSIBLY an ammo cap.

Here's something I found...

I just want to bring to attention the fact that the RPG reload time is 2.3 seconds to 2.1 seconds.

This is the same as...
    • Tactical Sub-machine Gun
    • Suppressed Sub-machine Gun
    • Sub-machine Gun
    • Revolver
    • Hand Cannon
    • Scoped Assault Rifle
    • Assault Rifle (M4)
    • and the SCAR.
    Sure, the damage per second is on average slower, but this is one of the only weapons that can effectively break down buildings and damage multiple targets at once with splash damage.

Discuss below...

It is also the easiest to avoid at distance and you can make the person shooting it kill themselves at close range by throwing up a wall in their face.

In all honesty, if someone is rushing you, regardless of weapon, you should be playing defensive until you get an opening to attack. Basic tactics.

If you are sitting in a tower forever and they destroy is with multiple rockets, which you would hear coming, why are you still sitting in that base? You should be moving from there and build a new base or find some other form of cover.

There is plenty of counter play to rockets. I've been on both sides of the coin. I've learnes from my miatakes and learned how i could have played the scenarios better.

All in all it comes down to analysing the play and seeing what went wrong, other things you could have done and progressing from there.

Edit- I will agree that the reload is fairly fast compared to other guns. Maybe add another .5-1 second reload time.

Comment

Originally posted by xGarzilla View Post
      It is also the easiest to avoid at distance and you can make the person shooting it kill themselves at close range by throwing up a wall in their face.

In all honesty, if someone is rushing you, regardless of weapon, you should be playing defensive until you get an opening to attack. Basic tactics.

If you are sitting in a tower forever and they destroy is with multiple rockets, which you would hear coming, why are you still sitting in that base? You should be moving from there and build a new base or find some other form of cover.

There is plenty of counter play to rockets. I've been on both sides of the coin. I've learnes from my miatakes and learned how i could have played the scenarios better.

All in all it comes down to analysing the play and seeing what went wrong, other things you could have done and progressing from there.
      I agree. I've died less and less by rockets ever since I started playing. I probably die by a rocket 1 in every 40 or so games that I actually die in.

I think the most deaths by rocket when you're a higher tier player come from a bunch of factors such as other enemies shooting at you at the same time, grenade/rocket spam, and not knowing they have a rocket launcher to begin with. I still think it's just too overpowered in the sense that it requires no skill. People like me find it VERY easy to use. I could see it being harder for a mediocre player, because I've never killed myself with a rocket launcher unless I'm just screwing around with friends.

Comment

Coming from a player with over 24 days played, I feel the rpg is balanced just right. The only thing I would change would be to bump the reload time up from 2.1 to 3.1 secs. The rocket spam does get annoying at times but that’s what building is for. As long as u keep building the rpg will do next to nothing.

Comment

The RPG is in my opinion one of the most overrated weapons in the game, it is just so unbelievably easy to counter. If a good player is using it they don't spam it, if a bad player is using it then it will only kill other bad players.
          Too many people play defensive when they hear an RPG and think "Oh I'll just build until they run out of ammo," which in my opinion is the wrong attitude, you should never be dependent on your enemy running out of ammo for you to make your move. Push them; it's a slow and easy to predict weapon once you know your enemy has one.

The RPG is just free kills against bad players and a pressure tool against good players. It's very rarely the finisher against good players, it just forces them to have to counter it allowing you to apply pressure on the situation.
          Does it bother me? Nope I think it's fine as it is, I haven't been killed by one that I didn't deserve to die by in a very long time.

The one thing that I would change because it drives me nuts is the noise it makes when it reloads, that click of the missile being loaded into the barrel should mean the weapon is loaded. I've forgot how many times I've reloaded the RPG, heard that click and switched to my AR then boom empty RPG. just make the clicking noise mean it's loaded even if the clicking happens half a second later.

Comment

• jaffy883 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've never noticed it on the rpg i don't use it enough, but bolt sniper noise reloading does my head in. I always mess that up and swap before it's loaded.

Originally posted by PENTA-Parrot View Post
          The RPG is in my opinion one of the most overrated weapons in the game, it is just so unbelievably easy to counter. If a good player is using it they don't spam it, if a bad player is using it then it will only kill other bad players.
          Too many people play defensive when they hear an RPG and think "Oh I'll just build until they run out of ammo," which in my opinion is the wrong attitude, you should never be dependent on your enemy running out of ammo for you to make your move. Push them; it's a slow and easy to predict weapon once you know your enemy has one.

The RPG is just free kills against bad players and a pressure tool against good players. It's very rarely the finisher against good players, it just forces them to have to counter it allowing you to apply pressure on the situation.
          Does it bother me? Nope I think it's fine as it is, I haven't been killed by one that I didn't deserve to die by in a very long time.

The one thing that I would change because it drives me nuts is the noise it makes when it reloads, that click of the missile being loaded into the barrel should mean the weapon is loaded. I've forgot how many times I've reloaded the RPG, heard that click and switched to my AR then boom empty RPG. just make the clicking noise mean it's loaded even if the clicking happens half a second later.
          I think a lot of people that use that "easy to counter" argument play solo's too much. Obviously it's going to be VERY easy to counter in a 1v1 situation. For someone who has transferred from mainly playing solos to squads (for tournament purposes), it is MUCH MORE overpowered than people think.

Comment

The Gold RPG should be able to 1 shot a full shield.
            Probably should have a cap of 18 or 24 rockets. (3 or 4 clips for grenade launcher)
            People who are hiding with a better position can't just rocket spam end game.
            I don't think the reload time needs to be changed if it's much more slower there won't be too much pressure if trying to revive a downed player.
            I think a huge part of the fear of rockets for some people is that their is no team damage too. They need to add in a penalty for putting damage on your own team to stop the spam when team members are rushing. I know no one wants be killed by random children on their team, so epic should add a ricochet system into fortnite or an automatic ban for 24 hours after a third offence or something. It would stop a lot of damage up close if people are aware they can't hit teammates. I don't think many people will just make new accounts to purposely kill people if it's just a 24 hour ban.

Comment

Originally posted by AG_Carnivor View Post

I think a lot of people that use that "easy to counter" argument play solo's too much. Obviously it's going to be VERY easy to counter in a 1v1 situation. For someone who has transferred from mainly playing solos to squads (for tournament purposes), it is MUCH MORE overpowered than people think.
              I actually find it easier to counter in squads since all I need to do is sit and build whilst my team mates gun them down or vice versa. The minigun is far more annoying in squads in my opinion. And the grenade launcher can be hell on earth in squads since the friendly fire got turned off.

Comment

I actually find it easier to counter in squads since all I need to do is sit and build whilst my team mates gun them down or vice versa. The minigun is far more annoying in squads in my opinion. And the grenade launcher can be hell on earth in squads since the friendly fire got turned off.
                I think a big factor of all of this is no friendly fire. It's created lots of problems for players. The better players or the players with more team members can abuse it.

Comment

Sure, if the other team is garbage. It's a lot of RNG in these scenarios. I very rarely run into a squad where they have rocket launchers and are totally trash at using them. I do agree that the minigun is insanely OP in squads in the right hands.

I really don't find it that hard to rocket the enemies who are pushing first. Any good player would prioritize the closer targets with a rocket launcher rather than the further target.

Comment

• jaffy883 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    TrannyMcBaggins 1000 bullet clip end game is stupid.

• TrannyMcBaggins commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I kinda think unlimited ammo stacks is stupid. They can be high but 40+ rockets is f'n stupid. Rockets should be capped at like 10 or something.

• jaffy883 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you cap at 10, grenade launcher gets nerfed a bit but.

Make it deal 200 damage? I would much rather go the other way. Tbh i think it should just be removed. I like it, but with the minigun it´s purpose is somewhat gone, and now it is mainly used to abuse in close quarters. Im thankfull they changed it so constructions dont make it impossible to build, because before that, your were doomed. I get the point of limiting ammo stacks, but it is impossible due to the grenade launcher having a whole different way of shooting.

Comment

• jaffy883 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    See we have different points of view. I don't think every person should have double health. Games shouldn't be made for everyone to win/beat. Games should not be dumbed down for the masses to beat purely to make it easier. I think we should have maximum 50 shield. 1 small shield drop at a time blue rarity or a 50 shield purple. A Gold RPG, all Sniper Headshots, Gold Bolt body shot, all Pump shotgun head shot, all tactical shotgun head shots should kill people in one shot.

• jaffy883 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And hand cannon and revolver head shots****

Less health does make it more "fair" for bad players though, which i dont really like. It would make the game much more random, where you would only need to hit 1 time.

Comment

I quite like the ideas in the first post, one second extra between shots and having a magazine of say 3 shots could make things more interesting. Gives the opposing party a window to counter.
                    Another thing that could be considered is the accuracy and adding an arc to the trajectory to make it harder at range. Right now it is 100% accurate even while jumping. I'd like to see you only get that benefit if your standing still or crouched. Classic risk vs reward.

Comment

If you can counter the weapon in all situations then the speed of the rocket is relatively void and doesn't necessitate a nerf. At a distance the weapons only purpose is to demolish a fort, however, up close the weapon aims to sever the entire lower half of a man. The weapon does not require skill due to its ridiculous explosive radius.
                      In my opinion the damage of the weapon is fine.

Let me present two rather similar circumstances: To set the stage you have no shield, and you are close to your opponent. Just for argument sake.
                      You're running and an opponent bounds an unseen corner, leaps, fires an RPG at your general proximity and you die.
                      You're running and an opponent bounds an unseen corner, leaps, shotgun to your face and you die.

In these scenarios, the RPG does not require skill to use as you only have to hit a general radius around the opponent. The second scenario, the guy either got a lucky headshot or had absolutely great aim. You are rewarded way too much by using an RPG, since it is the least skill-based weapon in Fortnite's arsenal.

I recommend this:
                      The rocket of the RPG requires a, perhaps, 1-2 second activation after the rocket is fired. To further explain, after your pull the trigger, the rocket is in the air. If it hits a target within the 1-2 second activation phase then there is no detonation upon impact. However, if the rocket is mid-air for longer than 1-2 seconds (or however long people decide), then it will explode on impact. This will terminate the close-quarters cheese method a lot of people implement.

It is not a counter-argument to say "You should have known he was there." The point is it takes no skill, whereas all other weapons are either oriented around skill, or perhaps, at times, a slice of luck. The RPG doesn't operate in that fashion with close-quarters encounters. It is extremely problematic.

Sure, reducing the reload time could be an effective means of nerfing the weapon, but it still doesn't change the skill the gun requires of it. It is WAY too easy to surprise someone in Fortnite and cheese a kill with an RPG 10ft away. Whether he's above you, beside you, or what-have-you. It is way too easy of a method. In other circumstances you have to at LEAST be accurate with your gun, not just simply aiming within a certain diameter.

I am perfectly fine should they decide to keep the RPG the way it is. I don't die by it every day. But it sure is annoying when this kid is just camping, pops out, and rockets me, getting a free, easy kill. If he had a shot gun and at least, luckily or skilfully, smashed my face in with a mass of lead then I would respect him for at least having the decency of aim.

I need to be able to SEE who I am shooting in order to kill the RPG-queer. If that's the case, a remotely competent player thus only has to wait for me to try and attack and time the rocket so it hits me as I attempt to shoot him in some way. Sure, I could instead create distance but by doing so it likely puts me into a defensive routine of placing barriers or HOPEFULLY the opponent decides to use a different gun, but distance isn't the issue for anyone, and so I will ignore that. I have no difficulty building walls or dodging rockets at a distance. I, generally, have no problem fending off rocket spams at close range. The problem is it requires NO SKILL at close range due to its wide splash damage, even if you ARE building incessantly. A change in reload time doesn't change the skill of the weapon and does not imply it is balanced when it is so easy to use. Even if I am expecting the person, it does not guaranteed I'll have the ability to defend against the rocket with the various ways you can hit someone with it. You do NOT need any ability to aim, in any shape or form, within close-quarters.

If your argument is literally anything else, I honestly don't see how it's an issue when you all claim to easily counter it.

I know for a fact you all have been dealt in by a close-quarters RPG. It is too rewarding for a skill-less player.

I'm not going to comment again, people annoy me. I would rather not have my nerves tickled.

Do with this what you will.

~Goodbye

Comment

• PH_007 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's completely fine to have an easier to use gun (plus it's really limited by rarity and clip size), as long as harder to use weapons outperform it.
                        Which they do.

"I don't care if you disagree, people who are better at the game automatically have a more valid argument and opinion due to experience and skill."
                      Rofl.

Anyways, about the RPG:
                      I think it's underpowered and just a noob slayer.

It is useful for punishing players that have bad building or try to abuse corners, but overall, why take one when I can carry a much more common pump that deals twice the damage for barely any extra aim required? And has more clip size, fire rate and ammo everywhere?

It can't destroy sh*t unless it's supported by just one piece (again, punishing bad building).

It is outperformed by most other guns at all roles.

My only gripe with it is squads. But that's a problem with friendly fire, not the gun.

Comment

Working...
                      X