X

Removal of Tilted Towers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal of Tilted Towers

The removal of tilted towers would impact mid game greatly, if 30+ people land at one place and only 1-4 of them survive, it leaves all of the people who landed elsewhere in a barren wasteland waiting in the circle. It isnt fun midgame. Tilted needs to be replaced.

A bunch of people don't play to win after a while. Tilted towers offers a relief to players who know how to overcome big obstacles.

random squads are always a bad idea. Lfg can be your friend!
    Last edited by aswiftmfinpanda; 03-08-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• thesneakyboi commented
      Editing a comment
      everyone is so tryhard in lfg that lfg isnt worth it

Originally posted by aswiftmfinpanda View Post
    A bunch of people don't play to win after a while. Tilted towers offers a relief to players who know how to overcome big obstacles.
    The game shouldn't be designed around people looking to rack up kills. It's LAST MAN STANDING. There's plenty of regular FPS games for KDR heroes.

I honestly don't know how Tilted still exists in it's current form. Epic added all these new points to the West side of the map as their data suggested it was unbalanced and not many people went there.
    But now it's 100x worse now. Tilted has the most loot of anywhere and prime position to boot, so it's no wonder the majority of the people land there every.single.game.

This unbalance has really slowed down the flow of the game, as most of the population doesn't even leave tilted meaning mid to late is rather empty / slow.... as is the start of the game (well, unless you go to Tilted).

Your choice atm is land in tilted and get some early game action, or land somewhere barren...and spend 20 minutes looking for a fight.

It's even worse in the 20v20 LTM, as you are basically forced to go there. If not, 10 minutes in it will be 5v50+. The mode is basically won or lost in Tilted.

Hopefully Epic start looking at their data again, as the map is in a desperate need of another re-balance. Maybe start by moving tilted to the corner of the map so it actually has a downside?

Comment

I understand what your saying. I personally don't land there. When I do I find my self jittered after alot of intense battles. I'm alot more mellow getting my kills elsewhere and setting up my kit. I guess it's all down to player choice as in battle royal concepts, there are players that don't want to win the game at all (hunter x hunter)

Comment

Originally posted by aswiftmfinpanda View Post
        I understand what your saying. I personally don't land there. When I do I find my self jittered after alot of intense battles. I'm alot more mellow getting my kills elsewhere and setting up my kit. I guess it's all down to player choice as in battle royal concepts, there are players that don't want to win the game at all (hunter x hunter)
        I usually don't land their either, however, i'm still impacted by it's imbalance. Prior to Tilted i used to get an average of 13+ kills per match when i won, since tilted i'm lucky to even see 6 people per match - UNLESS i land a tilted.

If i land at tilted and survive i can walk away with 6+ kills within 10 minutes.

It's not even remotely balanced compared to the rest of the map.

Tilted has really slowed down the pace of the game for EVERYONE. Want action? You are FORCED to go to tilted. Player choice has been greatly reduced.

It needs to be fixed.

Comment

I don't think it needs removed, but I do agree that if tilted were a little further from the center of the map less people would camp or even land there.

Thing is if your only trying to win then tilted actually helps you due to everyone landing there and getting killed. It sounds like people don't know what they want. Do you want to win or get kills. Currently landing anywhere other then tilted gives you a higher chance to make late game. Ofcourse you probably won't get double digit kills but then we go back to are you trying to win or get kills? I feel it's balanced in that right. Kills go tilted, wins go elsewhere, but adding another large town could spread the player base away from tilted. But then again could slow other POIs down even more. So I feel that other then moving tilted further from the center , epic would do best by leaving it in the map and just adding more smaller POIs on the east side areas.

Comment

Keep tilted in it makes the game 1,000 times better

Comment

At the moment your choice is go to tilted and get action, or land elsewhere and spend your time looking for kills.

It also ruins 20v20.

It needs to be balanced. Half the loot and move it to the edge of the map.

Comment

• Hit an Hope commented
                Editing a comment
                It also ruins 50v50 because 20-ish teammates go to tilted and just stay there while the other 30 slowly trickle into the circle and get destroyed by the real team.

yeah honestly tilted towers is just too big and has too much loot. It could basically be a small map by itself.

Comment

I LIKE TILTED TOWER

Comment

It needs to be further from the center, it would normally be just outside the ring or in it, some games even have it as a finish which is terrible, move it to like moisty mires' place or the crop circle so it is most likely far from the circle

Comment

I say keep Tilted Towers but add another landing where Dusty Depot is that is similar in size to Tilted to help split the population between the two.

Comment

I am not quite impacted by Tilted Towers as much as other people, and usually avoid it unless I am looking to get some amazing kills, or just practice some new strategies, since there is always someone there. But the rest of the time I go to any other location. And I find people to fight. I usually walk out of salty springs with around 5 kills, and get some more later in the game when the storm eye gets smaller. As of now, I wouldn't say it needs to be removed, but maybe move it away from the center of the map and take away *some* of its loot.

Comment

Originally posted by KallariRing View Post

I usually don't land their either, however, i'm still impacted by it's imbalance. Prior to Tilted i used to get an average of 13+ kills per match when i won, since tilted i'm lucky to even see 6 people per match - UNLESS i land a tilted.

If i land at tilted and survive i can walk away with 6+ kills within 10 minutes.

It's not even remotely balanced compared to the rest of the map.

Tilted has really slowed down the pace of the game for EVERYONE. Want action? You are FORCED to go to tilted. Player choice has been greatly reduced.

It needs to be fixed.
                        I posted about the new POIs and how it would impact the game very early on. H1z1 did this and ruined their game. No one listened of course. I actually got noobs telling me I was wrong. I love posts that don't age well for some people lol. Original map was much better all around balancing. Devs are dumb. Now they want to add sbmm... Good luck with the hate coming. No one likes sbmm unless it's along side a competitive mode...

Comment

I think in general there are way to many Points on the map at this point that are like ghost towns.. ie: tomato town. Titled towers should be downsized a bit, take a few towers out, and then I think epic should create more incentive to land in some of the other areas that are currently dead zones, ie tomato town, prison, anarchy, flush factory area (i think that whole factory area is to messy and needs re-organizing). I think honestly a triangle of big POIs that are all equally balanced would be best, (take titled towers, retail row, pleasant park make them all fairly equal in size/loot and organize them in a triangular fashion spread throughout the map.) I agree i think this game should be all about having the best end game it can and that results in having the most equal spread player base throughtout the map.

I think titlted towers could be maybe sligtly most enticing of the 3 but i think something needs to be done about the map. the current status is a result of epic just adding and adding to the map with not subtraction.... to cluttered now.. less is more IMO (this can be said about epics current outlook on the whole game, they keep adding to the game but not fixing issues.)

Comment

Working...
                          X