X

I support the removal of Tilted Towers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I support the removal of Tilted Towers

I'm making this ticket to voice my opinion about the rumors of Tilted Towers being removed, I completely support this.

Maybe it's just me and my circle of friends, but since the release of Tilted Towers, I haven't met a player who actually thinks this major city ended up being a positive addition to Fortnite. Ever since it's release I've felt obligated to land in tilted if I want a taste at action to better my combat skills in the game. I've tried landing other places in Solo Queue, however It ends up being incredibly tedious and boring the first 15 minutes of the match, I rarely come across another player until Mid/Late game. Obviously I imagine most other players feel this way and that's why every one lands tilted now. You can't just have 1 Major City with 10x The amount of loot as any other location. Clearly it's unbalanced and makes the players feel obligated to land in this one spot, over and over and over again. Before the release of Tilted one of my favorite parts about Fortnite was how balanced the early game landing was. If you wanted to play a bit risky, you landed retail, salty, dusty, or a number of other places. You knew there would be other players around, but not too many. It felt very balanced and fun early game.

I can go on much longer, but the point is... Please remove tilted towers. I enjoyed the game so much more back before it's release. I ask any one in support of this to please reach out and let the developers of Fortnite know your opinion on Tilted Towers. I truly believe the removal of this major city would be a great thing. It would actually balance the early game out again.

Agreed.

Though tilted isnt just ruining early game but mid and late as well as theres far fewer players remaining after 10 minutes than ever before.

This sole POI negatively impacts the entire game for everyone. It desperately needs to be rebalanced (moved to edge of map and loot reduced) or removed.

Comment

What? Only about 10-15 people drop at tilted. Maybe 20 max. That leaves over 80 other players. Don’t know if it’s different on PC or Xbox but that’s how it is on ps4.

Comment

• jaffy883 commented
        Editing a comment
        PS4 has minimum 30 everytime I land there.

I don’t know if you two played before Tilted was added but if it gets removed more people will just drop at Pleasant or Retail again.

Comment

• jaffy883 commented
        Editing a comment
        You answered it yourself though. That's spreading people out. A lot more places to land than Retail and pleasant though and they all match each other for loot. Tilted is all of them combined. People don't want tilted deleted because they don't like the place. They want it deleted because of what it has done to the map and player experience.

I’m going to do a video on this later. Tilted isn’t the sole reason for the cleansing at the beginning of the game. The bad players die early and the good players live on as a general rule. This will happen in retail or pleasant or anywhere. If you are dying every time at tilted, land somewhere else. That’s all there is to it.

Comment

The final circle needs to start landing on the Coasts from time to time, perhaps mitigating the need/desire to land in the center of the map. Your gonna have to come up with a better solution than just 'remove tilted' lol. Like expand some other named locations, add loot to them etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KallariRing View Post
          Agreed.

Though tilted isnt just ruining early game but mid and late as well as theres far fewer players remaining after 10 minutes than ever before.

This sole POI negatively impacts the entire game for everyone. It desperately needs to be rebalanced (moved to edge of map and loot reduced) or removed.
          I agree with the fact that moving it towards the edge of the map could really help things.

Comment

It's not my job as a game designer to come up with a detailed so called "replacement" for tilted. I know the game felt much better before and that's how I would like it to be again. So I made a suggestion on the "suggestion" forums.

People are already saying "Well, if you remove tilted, then salty/retail/dusty are going to be the same thing. Just think about what you said.... The whole reason tilted is overpopulated and ruins early game is because it's "1" "One" City where every one goes. If there were 3 major cities, it would drastically help and that basically proves my point. We should have heavy landing spots and cities where there is more risk more reward. My point is that tilted isn't just that, it's almost mandatory to drop there if you want early game action at this point.

Some one said "Only the best players make it out of tilted" That's not true, fortnite is a game that requires tons of luck to actually succeed with. If that were even remotely true, ninja/myth or any other professional players wouldn't ever die in tilted.

My point has absolutely nothing to do with dying early. It's that I thought the population was much more balanced pre-tilted. I just want that balance back again.

If other like minded individuals agree with me, then I'm encouraging them to voice their opinion, if you don't agree, that's fine too.

Comment

Agree.

Towers especially affects the new 20x5 mode: 4 times of 5 your team lands on them with 1-2-3 other teams and then a team which landed in the middle of nowhere that looted fine in peace and didn't loose "soldiers" wins xD

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderBerg View Post
                I don’t know if you two played before Tilted was added but if it gets removed more people will just drop at Pleasant or Retail again.
                Pleasant, retail, greasy, farms.. they all had plenty of people landing there. Now days I often have these places to all myself...

Fact of the matter is map balance was WAY better before TT was introduced.

It shouldn't be in the centre of the map, period. People land there and don't need to leave until well into the match, as they have all the loot and action they need (other players keep making there way through it). Whereas if you land anywhere else on the map you spend the majority of your time not seeing anyone, and having to actively search for fights.

Watch any streamer... a good 75% of their playtime is at TT.

Tilted is ruining map diversity and player spread (even more so in the new LTM). It's also negatively impacting the later stages of the game due to reduced player count.
                Last edited by MatchmakingSucks; 03-09-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Agreed. Tilted does ruin the early game, and mid game too. Someone above said something about only 10-15 people landing there.... That is simply untrue from what I have seen. Watch any streamer who lands there, and they will leave there with 12-13 kills sometimes. Of course that doesn't count all the other people who were killed by those 12-13 people. there are times when I see 20 players die in a match before the first dang circle is even shown. There are times it is down to less than 50 people before I ever even start to make my way into the first circle, and a lot of that is because of Tilted.

I personally hate landing there, not because of dying, but because it is simply too much noise going on around me, and it makes it hard for me to tell where people are.

Comment

Originally posted by Vastet
                    Other than here, I've yet to hear anyone say Tilted is bad in any way. The vast majority love Tilted. There is no rational reason to remove it.
                    “The vast majority” ? Do you have any statistic to prove that in any way shape or form? I’m guessing you just came up with it on the spot.

as a small streamer I meet new players every single day. I meet at least 1-5 new people who drop by the stream on a daily basis. I don’t always get into the conversation of whether or not tilted is a good thing, however I have yet to meet a single person who disagreed with my opinion that Tilted Towers has a negative impact on the game and it’s players. I’m not saying they don’t exist obviously. However it’s silly to make up a statistic on the spot.

I made this post because I actually care about fortnite and the direction it’s heading in. That’s why I’m here voicing my opinion.

Comment

I just know I used to jump wherever I felt like. I never knew where I was going to end up before the game started. I would jump based on the position of the bus and where I thought the most players would go to. I always got action early on, but it was perfect. I could take out 4-5 people and the town would be cleared and I could move on and immediately find others right outside town to fight with. It was very consistent. I never went more than 5-10 minutes without a fight prior to tilted towers being implemented.

Now. I feel like it’s just clockwork. I feel forced into landing tilted if I want to fight early. It’s getting very repetitive at this point.

I’ve tried landing other places. Very rarely do you get any action. You either go tilted where it’s way too overwhelming. Or any where else and it’s too underwhelming.
                      Last edited by Twitch_Midmas; 03-10-2018, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I would like to start by saying that I NEVER land at Tilted Towers. I HATE the style it forces me to play in and I usually end up getting cheesed by some esports gamer. However, I do not believe it should be removed! Tilted Towers caters to the player that wants a "quick answer" to their current match and wants to loot up as fast as possible or simply die trying. Of course it is THE SPOT to land right now amongst many players, but that is only due to the lack of other exciting, loot packed areas to land. Once the developers add more to the map to even things out, you will surely see less Duke Nukems blasting towards Tilted.

Comment

Originally posted by Vastet
                          @Twitch _Midmas Hey you want to use anecdotal evidence then you don't get to complain when others do. Where's you data backing up your position hmm? That's right you don't have any. Sit down and stfu. I play with dozens of randoms a day and have 100+ people on my friend list who play Fortnite, and not one person I've ever encountered complained about Tilted.
                          You're also either lying or exaggerating the other drop locations. I had no less than 20 games yesterday where 20+ people landed in Moisty or Retail or Salty or Greasy (which I know because I was landing in those locations and counted). A few days ago I played a game where more than half the people in the game landed in Retail. There was 20 people left by the time it was over and Tilted had nothing to do with it. I've also had a number of games where noone landed in Tilted at all. You don't get to count how many people land where in any game so your experience is biased and irrelevant.
                          @Twitch_Midmas

Don'e worry. This dude is a dumb over weight console pleb from Canada. No one gives a **** about his retarded opinion anyway. Hope he drowns in maple syrup.

Apparently he's got advanced degrees and **** but he still plays with randoms, on a console, with "100's of friends"

Comment

Working...
                          X