X

Corrupted replays every patch makes this feature pointless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupted replays every patch makes this feature pointless

I believe you should get rid of this of this feature all together. If you were trying to prove this concept of recorded games would work then you already accomplished it. Now take it out of the game and fix it. Its a great feature but its not worth having if it makes your videos unwatchable after every patch or even every major patch. Why would anyone want to record things that they cant watch after 2 weeks or even a couple minutes for the people playing before a patch??? You really want people to spend more time trying to save their great plays than them actually playing? Its sad to see this game that is loved by many being destroyed by little things that could be fixed by putting more time into fixing what works and taking out what doesnt. As of right now, this replay mode is not working. Take it out and stop adding new things until you get them right. Your community isnt complaining because they are bored, they are trying to save this game from the same fate a lot of games have. Changing for the sake of changing is a stupid concept and needs to stop. This game was fine before all these changes. Just listen to the complaints and fix what needs fixing before adding more stuff that will need fixing.
    Last edited by oLuXo; 04-19-2018, 02:12 PM.

Unfortunately due to the way the replay system works currently, any replays before today are lost. However in a post made earlier today (Linked below), Epic addresses this saying that going forward, they will change this feature to allow you to watch replays through at least 1 patch so that you won't lose your replays immediately.

This does however mean you can't sit on your replays forever. You will need to capture your replays within 2 weeks or so to ensure you don't lose them.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...ay-information

Comment

I already read those things before posting. And you shouldnt be saying "unfortunately" as if they cant do anything about it. When halo 3 was popular, they had a similar feature and yet i can still go back and watch my videos today. How were they able to make it watchable years later?? Nobody wants to "sit" on any replays, they want to actually play the game and they should have the option to go and watch AT LEAST their saved videos from 2 days ago. Why put this feature out with flaws like this? Do you really believe anyone wants to spend hours to go back, find, and record all their great moments before the next patch destroys their saved files? If thats the case, then get rid of your recording feature to make the game play better and let everyone use their own recording methods.

Comment

Did you fully read the post? In the later part, there is an explanation that there are goals to make the replays persistent across all updates. As for other games having that feature, they use a different engine and software. The game is early access, and there will be bugs. Report any you find, and we can work as a community to ensure each week more are patched.
        Community Leader, Bug Reports.

Comment

It's the way the replays are recorded. Back in the day with Halo 3, I believe these were recorded as video files which can be viewed at any time from any device. However, the Fortnite replay system is not a video file because it allows you to freely roam with the camera, spectate other players, etc. This is a very nice feature that you could never get from a video file.

However, in order for these files to work, it runs off of the current version of the game because your game client essentially "Re-creates" the game artificially so you can rewatch it from any angle. Once your game client is updated, these old files won't work since the updated game can't re-create an old version of the game.

Hope this helps :)

Comment

Thats not what the posts says bud, it says until the next major patch. which is usually every 2 weeks.

Comment

I honestly just want 1 update in this game to better the game. I was so excited to see this feature and it was literally the only change that ive like so far. Now im upset because i wasnt recording myself last night, believing i could just save my last games and deal with it in the morning. Just to find out that all my stuff is corrupted and thats it. Nothing can be done. I just want them to at least listen to the community on AT LEAST ONE POINT. The one thing that they added that was good isnt good. This game is going to die because the devs are killing it. And to their credit, at least they went back to before 3.5 peeking. its the first time ive seen them fix their mistakes, ill call that progress.
              Last edited by oLuXo; 04-19-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Pointless indeed lol #justremoveit

Comment

There was zero communication on them not being saved permanently, the point of saving is that we can keep them otherwise why have a save function at all!!

Comment

poor replays, I had some really good runs too recently and I could not even re-watch them, I was smart and kept the .replay files. Anyone have any idea how to open them up without using Fortnite?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelach v2 View Post
                      There was zero communication on them not being saved permanently, the point of saving is that we can keep them otherwise why have a save function at all!!
                      https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...tem?lang=en-US
                      04-11-2018 "How are my replays stored?
                      Replays are stored locally on your console or PC.

On console your last 10 matches are stored automatically* as you play, and on PC your last 100 are stored. These are stored as unsaved replays and will be overwritten as you play more games. If you want to keep a replay you can select it in the replay browser and rename it. On console you can save a total of 10 replays. On PC this number is unlimited. A replay file that lasts the entire match is about 10MB in size.

*Replays will only playback in the version of Fortnite that they were recorded in. Whenever there is a new update to Fortnite your old replay files will no longer be valid."

Zero?

Originally posted by Ericbas View Post
                      poor replays, I had some really good runs too recently and I could not even re-watch them, I was smart and kept the .replay files. Anyone have any idea how to open them up without using Fortnite?
                      Not possible. Server environment, in the specific version, is necessary.

Comment

I have corrupted replays

Comment

Working...
                        X