X

Shotgun randomness and bloom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun randomness and bloom

So I love fortnite, but some of the old STW systems are dragging down battle royale, the biggest two problems are the bloom of bullets "(they are completely random within the cross hairs) and the randomness of shotgun pellets.
    The bloom problem would be easier to solve by just making the bloom directional (reduced bloom sideways and bullets always travel upwards) to reward some recoil control and prediction.
    The BIG problem right now is the shotguns, considering that the meta is pretty much %100 grab some shotguns, use the exploit (yes it is an exploit) with switching weapons to get a faster fire rate, and build rush everybody (I hate this meta, but for more then just the randomness, though the randomness is a HUGE contributor). The easy way to fix this would be to make shotguns aoe based (damage based on how much of the cross hair is covered by the enemy player) instead of pellet based, but just for the sake of making the meta more varied I personally think shotguns would need to have their range nerfed and possibly have a larger spread (make them competitive with SMGs in the close range slot but have a wide enough spread to always hit instead of being one shot wonders) think STWs bear shotgun.

TL'DR
    I would like to see directional bloom and less random shotguns so that skilled players can be rewarded instead of lucky players. I outlined a couple more specifics in the main post.

No matter what they change your skill will stay the same, you are getting crushed by better players, nothing more than that.

Comment

Hes trying to express his opinion on the game, thats what the forums are for, you dont have to be rude about it.

Comment

His post from another thread "if you like the current shotgun meta it is because you cant win unless more skilled players are getting ruined by the RNG.", that's why I'm being "rude" (I'm not but ok), this mentality is disgusting.

Comment

"this" is an odd way to spell "my" either way, the fact is the RNG is a well documented problem which affects those with more skill more then those with less skill.

Comment

Originally posted by watusaytomepnk View Post
            "this" is an odd way to spell "my" either way, the fact is the RNG is a well documented problem which affects those with more skill more then those with less skill.
            Exactly, currently dominant players would dominate even more without RNG.

Comment

Working...
            X