Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cosmetics are too expensive and hard to get (Possible Solutions Included)

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me just cut to the chase, the cosmetics in this game are way too overpriced and pretty hard to get. Let's start with my fist point, overpriced skins. Fortnite is a free game, so I don't have any issue with epic charging us for skins. But what I do take issue with is them charging 20 bucks for a legendary skin, 15 for an epic harvesting tool, and 12 for an epic glider. That's just pure nonsense. Finally, my second point, skins are too hard to get. So in the item shop, it displays daily items, which range from skins, to harvesting tools, gliders, and emotes. It also has featured items, with are usually rare to epic skins and harvesting tools. This shop is dumb and I have solutions on how to fix all of this.

First, let's start off with the skins. A cosmetic item should never cost more than 10 dollars. I'd say 1 dollar for uncommons, 3 dollars for rares, 5 dollars for epics, and 7 dollars for legendaries. The only exceptions would be timed event cosmetics like Christmas, St Patrick's day, etc. These could be charged slightly more money, since they are rarer. I'd recommend a system like Overwatch's, where the event exclusive skins are more expensive than the year-round skins, So the reaper skin could cost 7 dollars, but the Wukong skin would go for 10 dollars. Last but not least, instead of only having a few cosmetics in the item shop, include all purchasable cosmetics in the shop.

Also, please allow us to earn previous battle pass exclusive skins. Not all of us dedicate all of our time into Fortnite. Most of us have school, jobs, and other responsibilities that we have to do, which makes getting to tier 100 practically impossible. Possible solution to this is to instead of taking away that battle pass, let us keep on working at it again. For example, say season 3 just ended and I haven't gotten to tier 100. Instead of erasing my progress, let me continue working on my season 3 battle pass, and when I finish, I'll buy the season 4 battle pass and continue working on that. And if I want to get season 2's battle pass, then let me pay 5 dollars for it, give me the season 2 battle pass challenges, and let me start grinding that one out.

Fortnite is a very fun game with some of the most unique cosmetic items I've ever seen in a game. So instead of locking them behind a ridiculous paywall, let them be easier on our wallets and more accessible to those with little disposable income.

Easy solution, get a job.

Comment

• Tokyokuza commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't get a job at age 15 in cali, not until I turn 16

If you are poor, why would you even spend money on a free game?
    Another solution is to buy Battle Pass ONCE and it actually gives more V-bucks than it costs, so eventually you have enough for next season Battle Pass and a skin.

Comment

First off, I'm not poor, and I want to spend money on the game because I want to support epic and get a cool skin. Second, as I mentioned in the third paragraph, I'm not able to sink in a lot of time into the game. I have school, things I've gotta do at home, and I play other games. These things make it hard to be able to rank up my battle pass enough to actually get a cosmetic item I want or v-bucks

Comment

“I want to support epic”. Makes post on reducing prices of skins, therefore reducing epics revenue. Skins aren’t even required to play. Plus, the reason most people GET the battle pass is because it has exclusive items. Stop contradicting yourself.

Comment

If you can't afford the cosmetic things you want, then you have 3 choices...
          ​​​
          1. Earn some money, (Job, Chores, Bank Robbery?)
          2. Face Facts, accept you can't afford stuff.
          ​​​​​3. Complain on Forums because clearly Epic owes you (and everyone else) a discount, because you can't afford something.

Tell me, does this work when you go shopping?

"I can't afford $15 for a pair of Jeans!? How about $5?"

Epic isn't a **** Charity, or a Thrift Shop.

Comment

Don't buy the battlepass if you don't have the time to finish it, or money to buy tiers. It's entirely on you if you can't complete it.

The game is FREE, no one has the right to complain about the price of cosmetics. Either buy them or don't.

Comment

Everyone has the right to express their opinion. Because you guys put 500$ or more in these "free" games and cant control your addictions doesnt make you correct. The prices are overpriced. Simple. Rainbow six siege has 20$ legendary skins and that game isnt free. Call of duty is having players pay 1$ for a red dot site. Metal gear survive made you pay for extra loadouts. Yeah its cool to run around in some sort of unique skin,but isnt it more fun putting time into a game and unlocking the skin? Using your money to unlock the content in the game just isnt the same. Of course when you buy a game such as resident evil 4 or even 7 you get the full amount of content without wasting extra money just so you dont get bullied by some trash tools. Not even good tools. The kind you get from dollar tree in the toys section. The battle pass of course challenges you to an extent, but it isnt like resident evil 4 and unlocking that tesla gun on proffesional difficulty, or even in gta online you can still unlock the content. Yeah its free, but its trash. Cant do **** without putting out money. Why even make the game free. So ignorant fools waste 20$ on a legendary skin and they keep coming back for it. And if you guys want to talk about free and not having money go ahead, but i invite you to warframe. Thats consumer friendly. Not a rewrapped Electronic Arts. Thats what Epic is. Go to a counseler before the addiction gets any worse.

Comment

Working...
              X