Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please vote on this Poll on the Fortnite version 4.3-4.4 shotgun nerfs.

Collapse
X

Please vote on this Poll on the Fortnite version 4.3-4.4 shotgun nerfs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope they change it back.
    I shot a guy 3 times straight on his torso and still he didnt die.

The pump shotgun is useless now. Its too slow compared to the tactical. I NEVER touched the tactical before the nerf update but I simply dislike the pump now because of the firerate and damage.

Comment

Its damage is fine, 80 - 85 is still plenty to kill a man. The problem is that it doesn't do that damage because damage consistency is horrendous.

Comment

Ninja/big streamers love the nerf. It makes being at max health actually matter and makes te one with better aim win the gun fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUltimateR2 View Post
          I really hope they change it back.
          I shot a guy 3 times straight on his torso and still he didnt die.

The pump shotgun is useless now. Its too slow compared to the tactical. I NEVER touched the tactical before the nerf update but I simply dislike the pump now because of the firerate and damage.
          because he was at max health. If you would have been good you would have hit him in the head once and 2 tapped him.

Comment

As a player who can land shots, its almost better to just use a single shotgun now and then switch to AR. The AR has a better damage output up close than the shotguns do now... So i guess its time to nerf AR now

Comment

Originally posted by Apothiosis View Post
              if you think an ar is better up close then a shotgun your aim is bad. that being said they need a harder nerf
              https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/pc/Apothiosis
              I think we need to look at history to understand what is going on here. This is a repeat of the 2016 election. The vocal minority who hates shotguns cry about it more than the good players who want their shotguns back. You are trash at the game Apothiosis. Everyone in this chat says they love the shotgun patch, while the votes clearly show something different. I hope Epic Games realizes that the most realistic opinions of the community is the streamers, who actually actively play the game, and not a default skin who plays on PS4, and can't build. 90% of the time if you are one pumped, you deserved it and the other player is better than you. Get over it, and get better. Instead of being one pumped, do the one pumping. This shotgun update lowered the skill gap, and I've noticed more bots at the end of my games than good players.
              Last edited by Fiᴢᴢ; 06-19-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Draco Safarius commented
                Editing a comment
                It hasn't lowered the skill gap, you can't not magically headshot people with shotguns. It's just more balanced, no instantly killing max health people at close range which is much more fun. Anyone that actively uses shotguns is still going to get their shot off and then swap to something else to finish what little hp remains

Originally posted by RomeDogg View Post
              I just want Epic to know where we stand on these recent shotgun nerfs.
              • Pump Shotgun
                • Headshot multiplier reduced from 2.5 to 2.0
                • Damage reduced from 90/95 to 80/85
              • Tactical Shotgun
                • Headshot multiplier reduced from 2.5 to 2.0
              I guess I would like to know what the community's stance on these changes are as a whole. Taking this poll will let Epic know what we think of them and we will also know what others think of these changes. So please go to this link and vote and also leave a post here to keep this thread relevant so we can get as many votes as possible to accurately depict what the Fortnite communities view is on these changes.

The Link is below. After voting you will see the results and you can keep going to the link to see how the results have changed since you voted. This poll will expire in a month.

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/ryigq...uns-nerf-43-44
              I hope they nerf pumps and shot guns even more and get rid of the double pump etc by adding back the equipment time when switching weapons. For starters, they aren't rare items so they shouldn't be able to one-shot kill when at full shield. i.e. Do a max of 65 damage and therefore requiring 2-4 hits for a kill.

Comment

Editing a comment
                Equipment time switching sucked for everything but shotguns. Shotguns need their swap times upped just a bit to stop double use of any of them

Originally posted by 50XI0 View Post
              i hope they listen to us and reeeverse them like they were before!!
              I hope they see common sense and also bring back a switching delay for equipping weapons to get rid of the exploit of double pumping etc. Too many are addicted to the one-shot kill with the trash and common pump and shot-gun. Only rare/legendary weapons should deal real damage.

Comment

I feel really confident in saying that the nerf was necessary for the future of the game. Instead of the reliant of 1 perfect shot in a battle, you can now be more skillful and use other weapons and try something new for once. Well that's my opinion, but believe in what you wish for.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz Boii View Post

https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/pc/Apothiosis
                  I think we need to look at history to understand what is going on here. This is a repeat of the 2016 election. The vocal minority who hates shotguns cry about it more than the good players who want their shotguns back. You are trash at the game Apothiosis. Everyone in this chat says they love the shotgun patch, while the votes clearly show something different. I hope Epic Games realizes that the most realistic opinions of the community is the streamers, who actually actively play the game, and not a default skin who plays on PS4, and can't build. 90% of the time if you are one pumped, you deserved it and the other player is better than you. Get over it, and get better. Instead of being one pumped, do the one pumping. This shotgun update lowered the skill gap, and I've noticed more bots at the end of my games than good players.

Kid, the next time you have a thought, do the world a favor and just let it go.

You are expecting us to believe that good players can't win gun fights now? What's going on? Is there some kind of magical force swooping in, and killing them instantly? Those who are actually good players are going to win. It doesn't matter if shotguns are taken out of the game. They are simply better. The issue right now isn't that good players aren't winning gun fights because of skill gap reduced. The issue is that everyone is relying on exploiting broken shotgun damage and cheating by double pumping. If you die, because of being an idiot, trying to run at someone, you deserve it.

Too bad there's very few good players in Fortnite now. The skill has left the game. It's all about exploiting. Either players are exploiting shotgun damage, exploited peeking, or exploiting double pump shotguns. You don't see things like 300m sniper rifle shots anymore. You don't see skillful plays. All you see is mindless running around, abuse of exploits.

Comment

Editing a comment
                    This ^ this is exactly true of the game state

Originally posted by Deno03 View Post

You are expecting us to believe that good players can't win gun fights now? What's going on? Is there some kind of magical force swooping in, and killing them instantly? Those who are actually good players are going to win. It doesn't matter if shotguns are taken out of the game. They are simply better. The issue right now isn't that good players aren't winning gun fights because of skill gap reduced. The issue is that everyone is relying on exploiting broken shotgun damage and cheating by double pumping. If you die, because of being an idiot, trying to run at someone, you deserve it.

Too bad there's very few good players in Fortnite now. The skill has left the game. It's all about exploiting. Either players are exploiting shotgun damage, exploited peeking, or exploiting double pump shotguns. You don't see things like 300m sniper rifle shots anymore. You don't see skillful plays. All you see is mindless running around, abuse of exploits.
                  You actually sound like a moron. You start of by saying. "Those who are actually good players are going to win. It doesn't matter if shotguns are taken out of the game." Then you follow up by saying, "The issue right now isn't that good players aren't winning gun fights because of skill gap reduced." Nice logic....

If you look at the poll, the majority by a LANDSLIDE hates the shotgun nerfs. According to the poll as of me typing this, you are in the bottom 9% of people who do not like the nerf. 70% of people do not like the shotgun nerf and want it reverted. It's sad when a pistol or an AR from close range can now win gun fights vs a shotgun. It shouldn't be that way.

Comment

You have a 0.55 KD and 2 wins. Why are you talking?

Comment

Don't call me kid just because you are butt hurt you're TRASH at Fortnite.
                      https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/pc/Deno03 You have a 0.55 KD and 2 wins in total of 1000+ games. Don't talk to me about Fornite and skill. LOL You honestly can't be serious right now. Just because you don't like someone outplaying you and killing you in one shot doesn't mean that the good players have to suffer for literal defauts like you. Talk to me when you've grown up and can think from someone else's perspective. I was bad then I watched people like Daequan, I became more aggressive as a player, and started winning fights and games more. Maybe you should take a tip from those people who "abuse" shotguns on how to get good. You can "abuse" shotguns too if you wanted, it wasn't hard switching between 2 shotguns and shooting them. Learn to build, and learn to aim. Talk to me when you can do that. Also regarding the double pump. They took it out, and then put it back in. Is it really cheating if the community wanted the revert and Epic allowed the double pump back?
                      Last edited by Fiᴢᴢ; 06-19-2018, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Editing a comment
                        Yes, yes it is. Subverts the weapon's built in balance with slow firing and high damage. The fix where you had to do the animation was perfect. It kept the weapon intact as it should have been and fixed the exploit. Just because it got reverted because everyone screamed about it doesn't mean it's good that it's back.

Originally posted by Enro Boii View Post

You actually sound like a moron. You start of by saying. "Those who are actually good players are going to win. It doesn't matter if shotguns are taken out of the game." Then you follow up by saying, "The issue right now isn't that good players aren't winning gun fights because of skill gap reduced." Nice logic....

If you look at the poll, the majority by a LANDSLIDE hates the shotgun nerfs. According to the poll as of me typing this, you are in the bottom 9% of people who do not like the nerf. 70% of people do not like the shotgun nerf and want it reverted. It's sad when a pistol or an AR from close range can now win gun fights vs a shotgun. It shouldn't be that way.
                      "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"

Comment

Originally posted by Fortuna Belli View Post
                        "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"
                        I am not the one ignoring stats... the poll doesn't lie.

Comment

Working...
                        X