Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please vote on this Poll on the Fortnite version 4.3-4.4 shotgun nerfs.

Collapse
X

Please vote on this Poll on the Fortnite version 4.3-4.4 shotgun nerfs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please vote on this Poll on the Fortnite version 4.3-4.4 shotgun nerfs.

I just want Epic to know where we stand on these recent shotgun nerfs.
    • Pump Shotgun
      • Headshot multiplier reduced from 2.5 to 2.0
      • Damage reduced from 90/95 to 80/85
    • Tactical Shotgun
      • Headshot multiplier reduced from 2.5 to 2.0
    I guess I would like to know what the community's stance on these changes are as a whole. Taking this poll will let Epic know what we think of them and we will also know what others think of these changes. So please go to this link and vote and also leave a post here to keep this thread relevant so we can get as many votes as possible to accurately depict what the Fortnite communities view is on these changes.

The Link is below. After voting you will see the results and you can keep going to the link to see how the results have changed since you voted. This poll will expire in a month.

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/ryigq...uns-nerf-43-44

I made a more in depth poll here please vote there instead or recite there.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...ommunity-wants
    Last edited by RomeDogg; 06-29-2018, 03:32 PM.

• commented on 's reply
    Shotguns are better if you headshot and at least hit 5 pellets or more!if they buff then probably the game will only be dependent on shotguns as before

• replied
    I made a note in depth poll here.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...ommunity-wants

Please go there and vote. Also leave a comment on the thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The poll may be vague in a sense but I made sure there was an option for each view point. In the thread the specific changes the poll refers to are stated. For example this poll has nothing to do with the double pump, I figure removing that is a given at least if they revert the shotgun damage. That could also be a poll all its own. I want the shotgun reverted but when making the poll I wasn’t aware that most people would also hate the changes. I still would have shared it relentlessly either way. I can’t force people to vote either way. People voted as to what they felt. It just happened to be the results were favorable to my viewpoint.
    I even added the indifferently option to further give people an option they would feel comfortable voting for. I figured maybe a lot of people didn’t care about the changes. If it went the other way then I would have accepted that people are ok with this change and I would have announced such.

There a lot of view points on what changes should be implemented pertaining to the shotguns. There were only so many ways I could word the poll. I feel having it be “Should the shotguns be reverted?” Would be more black and white. I feel how it is now and with 5 options it can really show how the community feels. The next step I feel is discussing changes we could all feel comfortable with. Like a compromise. Although it looks like Epic is focusing on changing the game way to much and nerfing everything and generally watering it down. So this poll got a result I agree with but i realize it doesn’t matter. Epic will do what they want and instead of keeping the game as unique as possible it seems they are trying to appeal to people who haven’t grown to love the building and what not. They seem to now be targeting people who play the competing battle royals. But by doing so people will be more likely to leave for those ones if they become to similar.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fortuna Belli View Post

Why IMO the "poll" is questionable and therefore meaningless as it appears aimed at pushing an agenda and not designed for overall better gameplay. I.E It's a loaded questioned to achieve the desired outcome and also got the resistance to change. So it's no surprise the figures.
    There are many tweaks Epic are trying to improve gameplay eg reducing the number of rockets that you can carry at any one time etc etc. One thing that has come to their attention is the reliance on the pump or even worse the double pump for instant kills. It greatly affects the risk/reward for the aggressor where they determine the timing of the attack and probably more likely to get in the first/last shot with an instant kill. There are more subtle effects eg why bother carry meds as most likely will get the kill and just require shields etc. The better players will learn to adapt to whatever changes Epic make in the meanwhile takes a bit of adjustment for the subtle changes. Really until they add an equip time the double pump still probably will be exploited. That should bring back the range of other close encounter weapons hopefully making the game more balanced. Guess will more trial and error tweaking weapons, ammo availability and meds/shields will find out. Anyone feeling like a "guinea pig". lmao

What would more be useful is a variety of reasons why alter either way to improve overall gameplay than a black and white poll.

I haven't played solo for a while, thou definitely noticing the 20v20 the lack of ammo availability and you need to consider carrying different weapons with different ammo types to ensure don't run out for ammo. Or don't bother wasting bullets too early in the game and save for the final circle. Probably one big factor is the oversupply of ammo which can affect gameplay.
    Willful ignorance is not a virtue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RomeDogg View Post
    The poll doesn’t matter according to several people who like the change even though each category has stayed within a certain range for most of the poll but is stabilizing at certain percents as the poll is reaching the 300s. The people who hate/dislike the change has been at a combined total of 59-63% for several days and now has been at a steady 68-70%. While for the players who love/like the change it has been at a steady 29-33 % range. Now it’s been stabilizing at a steady 24-25% range. Also the people indifferent to the change has been between 4-9 which i guess just means it will remain low. But it just seems that the percents are starting to stick where they will likely stay even if they reach 1000 votes. Or they may fluctuate a bit but will likely stay in the same area.

But people are right Epic doesn’t care about this poll or all that much about opinions on the game anyway. So it’s meh I guess. People are passionate on either side. The unfortunate thing is that they mainly only do care about streamers and their opinions go both ways. It’s just that the biggest streamer is for the change.

In in all honesty there are good players on both sides. We shouldn’t be arguing about who is better than who to justify our opinions. Opinions are always justifiable to those who hold them.

It’s just hard to be forced into one type of play style. It’s like the double pump being available was justification or compromise for the damage nerf. Which double pumping isn’t my thing so it’s a terrible compromise. I can now either still use shotguns solely because of the double pump once again existing or I have to use the SMG.

I feel I shouldn’t have to give up an extra item slot for another shotgun just to compete with the SMGs or other weapons. I also feel like I shouldn’t be forced to use an SMG because of the inconvenience of shotguns and because of SMGs being far superior. They have the range and damage on shotguns which the range is clearly how it should be for smgs. But they shouldn’t beat shotguns so hard close up. Also Keep in mind that SMGs are just as common as these nerfed shotguns. I just have always liked shotguns in shooters but now I can’t play the way I want to is all. I just can’t come to grips with giving up shotguns and enjoying a shooter game.
    Why IMO the "poll" is questionable and therefore meaningless as it appears aimed at pushing an agenda and not designed for overall better gameplay. I.E It's a loaded questioned to achieve the desired outcome and also got the resistance to change. So it's no surprise the figures.
    There are many tweaks Epic are trying to improve gameplay eg reducing the number of rockets that you can carry at any one time etc etc. One thing that has come to their attention is the reliance on the pump or even worse the double pump for instant kills. It greatly affects the risk/reward for the aggressor where they determine the timing of the attack and probably more likely to get in the first/last shot with an instant kill. There are more subtle effects eg why bother carry meds as most likely will get the kill and just require shields etc. The better players will learn to adapt to whatever changes Epic make in the meanwhile takes a bit of adjustment for the subtle changes. Really until they add an equip time the double pump still probably will be exploited. That should bring back the range of other close encounter weapons hopefully making the game more balanced. Guess will more trial and error tweaking weapons, ammo availability and meds/shields will find out. Anyone feeling like a "guinea pig". lmao

What would more be useful is a variety of reasons why alter either way to improve overall gameplay than a black and white poll.

I haven't played solo for a while, thou definitely noticing the 20v20 the lack of ammo availability and you need to consider carrying different weapons with different ammo types to ensure don't run out for ammo. Or don't bother wasting bullets too early in the game and save for the final circle. Probably one big factor is the oversupply of ammo which can affect gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don’t think players should get into a shooting match with a shotgun (especially close range). It shouldn’t matter if its a head shot or a chest shot. it takes multiple shots to the chest before a player dies. Even in squads when another player goes down it takes multiple shots with a shotgun for them to die.

The damage obviously should decrease out of range

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Sorry, but double pump before was horrible and I think they did better for this one. This double pump is way slower, yes it is still a little bad, but at least we can hit 80 damage shots with 2 shots combined. Most people do not abuse it or overuse it, it makes shotguns better with its consistency. It is like taking bloom of ARS making the ARS consistency grow. The game needs to be more skill based. Flick shotting also wasn't for one-pumping or any other thing it was if you flicked your crosshair and killed them. Opinions are opinions so it doesn't matter for me too much

• commented on 's reply
    This what they did a while ago, but it completely messed up the game. People never picked a shotgun up. It was more luck based and more RNG. This game should be more skill than luck. Double pump what i use it for is so I can hit consistent shots because of 9 - 40 headshot or body damages. These are opinions but i'm stating mine.

• replied
    Love the shotgun nerf! Wish they would fix the main problem with shotguns instead tho.Which would of course be the double shotgun glitch. It has to go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The poll doesn’t matter according to several people who like the change even though each category has stayed within a certain range for most of the poll but is stabilizing at certain percents as the poll is reaching the 300s. The people who hate/dislike the change has been at a combined total of 59-63% for several days and now has been at a steady 68-70%. While for the players who love/like the change it has been at a steady 29-33 % range. Now it’s been stabilizing at a steady 24-25% range. Also the people indifferent to the change has been between 4-9 which i guess just means it will remain low. But it just seems that the percents are starting to stick where they will likely stay even if they reach 1000 votes. Or they may fluctuate a bit but will likely stay in the same area.

But people are right Epic doesn’t care about this poll or all that much about opinions on the game anyway. So it’s meh I guess. People are passionate on either side. The unfortunate thing is that they mainly only do care about streamers and their opinions go both ways. It’s just that the biggest streamer is for the change.

In in all honesty there are good players on both sides. We shouldn’t be arguing about who is better than who to justify our opinions. Opinions are always justifiable to those who hold them.

It’s just hard to be forced into one type of play style. It’s like the double pump being available was justification or compromise for the damage nerf. Which double pumping isn’t my thing so it’s a terrible compromise. I can now either still use shotguns solely because of the double pump once again existing or I have to use the SMG.

I feel I shouldn’t have to give up an extra item slot for another shotgun just to compete with the SMGs or other weapons. I also feel like I shouldn’t be forced to use an SMG because of the inconvenience of shotguns and because of SMGs being far superior. They have the range and damage on shotguns which the range is clearly how it should be for smgs. But they shouldn’t beat shotguns so hard close up. Also Keep in mind that SMGs are just as common as these nerfed shotguns. I just have always liked shotguns in shooters but now I can’t play the way I wat to is all. I just can’t come to grips with giving up shotguns and enjoying a shooter game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Enro Boii View Post

I am not the one ignoring stats... the poll doesn't lie.
    Try googling the quote you might understand my intent. :)
    "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments. It is also sometimes colloquially used to doubt statistics used to prove an opponent's point.

Your "counter-argument" has no validity or substance and just weak emotional vulgar language in an attempt to personally attack them to "put down" their comment. That usually a sign of someone that has already lost the argument. The "poll" is meaningless to get anything usual from it. Maybe the "popularity"/"vest of interest" of people using the bad game design exploit of double pump etc. It's a pretty loaded question in the poll.

Now, what takes more skill hitting numerous times or once? "You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do you punk?" :)
    Last edited by Fortuna Belli; 06-20-2018, 05:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i dont see how ppl love haveing to shoot a player 5mil times and think that is fun, i love hardcore games that you only have one life and it only takes 1-3 shots to kill a player. i like fornite, but i had my most fun in this game when it first came out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fortuna Belli View Post
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"
    I am not the one ignoring stats... the poll doesn't lie.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Enro Boii View Post

You actually sound like a moron. You start of by saying. "Those who are actually good players are going to win. It doesn't matter if shotguns are taken out of the game." Then you follow up by saying, "The issue right now isn't that good players aren't winning gun fights because of skill gap reduced." Nice logic....

If you look at the poll, the majority by a LANDSLIDE hates the shotgun nerfs. According to the poll as of me typing this, you are in the bottom 9% of people who do not like the nerf. 70% of people do not like the shotgun nerf and want it reverted. It's sad when a pistol or an AR from close range can now win gun fights vs a shotgun. It shouldn't be that way.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X