Epic, Don't turn this game into Paragon 2.0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Epic, Don't turn this game into Paragon 2.0

Epic, Don't turn this game into Paragon 2.0

I played Paragon from the closed beta and watched it slowly decline as you attempted to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Removing good mechanics, unnecessarily changing the game in certain areas making it objectively worse. Instead of adding boots and some form of tp scroll like in dota to the shop you upgrade everyone's movespeed and make the map smaller. Misleading the whole community about turning the horrid card system into a normal gold system item shop when every item is bought with increments of 1000 gold and you decide to remove 3 item slots. I could go on and on how it was a great game that got slaughtered, however this post is about Fortnite.

Specifically, this post. https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...nd-play-styles

Do you even realize how many things this game has that the high level players don't complain about because the building negates it and makes a good player able to outplay a bad player. Like bloom, shield, and loot RNG. If you are faster and smarter at building, you add a constant to a game genre that is generally designed on RNG. The way this is set up is that bad players can get really good RNG and still feel good playing the game, they get legendary weapons, full shield, and they can occasionally win the game off of just that. Then a player who got a Grey AR, Green Pump, no Meds, if he farms mats he suddenly has outplay potential.

Just look at the win rates of the highest level players in this game compared to other BR's, it's astonishingly higher. Why? Because the building makes this game skill based, not whoever sees the other person first. (Which by the way is what's almost already happening in squads after the buff to shooting down buildings from a distance) Saying "Not every encounter should have to end in a build-off. We want to empower you to showcase your skill, strategy, and tactics in all variety of ways." is the dumbest thing you could possible say about this game. Playing any other way, YOU. AREN'T. PLAYING. FORTNITE. That's like saying in Dota "We want to empower players who don't last hit creeps and outfarm their opponents so we're going to introduce only passive gold"why do you think Heroes of the Storm is not successful? Or in Starcraft "We want to empower players who can't macro so we're going to have your units controlled by an AI and you can take control of them whenever you feel like." You are destroying the core aspect of the game that draws in the highest level gameplay, that will trickle down because the current streamers will stop playing your game and advertising for you. What are you trying to do get Dr Disrespect to play this game? Along with other people who refuse to build?

How about you make buildings stronger and not get shot down like paper from a mile away so the noobs who build actual Forts can actually defend them instead of 3 story 1 by 1s being the only way to camp. When you make the buildings as weak as they ****ing are, especially the highest strength material still getting shot down with ease when its fully built, no one is going to take the time to make an actual Fort in the zone. Did you guys also immediately forget about the horrible feedback you got on the jetpack? Why do you think this is a good idea at all? And by the way the jetpack should be a burst launching item that you can't build or shoot while being launched.

If you want to add more variety to the game add more types of traps, add traps you could farm like ice to make people slide. If you don't want every close encounter to come down to shotguns, okay. That's fine, just add more interesting **** for people to fight with, like a melee weapon, something like the spartan laser from Halo, again MORE TRAPS. but nerfing everything else is not the way to go about the balance change. Give incentive to other playstyles don't just nerf what's good. And for the love of god DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP DO NOT LOWER THE RESOURCE CAP

Seriously do you people enjoy building good games and killing them off? I thought it would be near impossible for you to make Fortnite unenjoyable for me, yet here you are ready to remove the core mechanics of the game, change it into a stale boring BR like very other BR where the person who gets the kill is the one who saw you first. I suggest you look into the fact that 20% of your community is giving 80% of the feedback, and people who are content with the game aren't going to make forum posts saying how much they love the game right now, they're just going to play it. The people who like how this game looks but refuse to learn how it plays are the ones who end up on the forums, being the most vocal and are calling out for all these building nerfs. You are going to seriously slow down the pace of this game by removing building and its just going to become a boring campfest. Please don't destroy your game, Fortnite is the top BR for a reason. The people who enjoy building are the ones who buy all of your skins anyway and fill out your paychecks which is like a $200 per month subscription. You are already successful, you don't need to appeal to the free to plays.

What this game actually needs is rewards for wins and a true competitive mode so you can separate the casual players from the good ones, if you absolutely must appeal to the free to plays. Then the game becomes instantly more enjoyable for both parties. Casuals get a smaller skill gap when they play and competitive players have actual in game incentives for winning that's not just a stat for 3rd party websites.
    Last edited by Cutler; 06-21-2018, 01:06 PM.

• replied
    *****'s and Venus's and Paginas

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really miss paragon man... when it was good it was REALLY good, like my favorite game... one that took genuine skill. I loved paragon :(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OG.MoneyBunny View Post
    As a someone who also played paragon and put so much time into it, I believe its already too late. In paragon the community begged and cried. We asked epic to rethink, they didn't they wanted the game casual and killed it. If epic kills fortnite i hope they rethink their management because i will never touch another epic game.
    It wasn't casual though. The dailies could easily take upwards of an hour in paragon. It was far more casual when they had the chest dailies that banked up to 3 days. I played casually and didn't like the new changes. I posted about this too and they didn't listen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As a someone who also played paragon and put so much time into it, I believe its already too late. In paragon the community begged and cried. We asked epic to rethink, they didn't they wanted the game casual and killed it. If epic kills fortnite i hope they rethink their management because i will never touch another epic game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X