X

Revert the Changes to the Storm! [Every final circle is on the coast!]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revert the Changes to the Storm! [Every final circle is on the coast!]

Hello Epic Developers, I hope that you read this post - I will try to keep it short and to the point.
    I implore you to change the storm back to how it was several patches ago. Currently >50% of games are ending on the coasts of the map, as far to the edge as possible. The core of my argument to why it should be reverted is that it currently is not fun. I do not play Fortnite to fight the storm, nor to run from one side of the map to the other, I play Fortnite to fight other players. Yes, the storm is incredibly important, but right now it is excessively so. Don't get me wrong, there should be times where the final circle is ending on the coast, but right now it is literally >50%+ of games.

Why it is not fun:
    1. You spend the entire game running across the map. This leaves little to no time to fight other players or farm resources. The game would be much more fun if there was more time to fight other players / farm resources to build fight.
    2. Very often someone will attack you when you both have halfway across the map to go and <1 minute 30 on the storm, ensuring that both of you die regardless of fight outcome, also making it almost mandatory to be carrying bandages/medkits in your load-out. It isn't fun to die even when you 'win' (not mentioning that often your fight will attract yet another person)
    3. Because the circles are going max distance, it creates a funnel where a huge number of players all (through necessity of the timer) all enter the circle on the same nearest side. This causes games to have huge lulls, as a huge number of players die off pinching one another in the densely populated nearest side of the circle - also this gives one player (the player who kills / pinches the last player of the cluster battle) max resources / the best weapons / shields etc, to where it's all too funneled to one person.

Please make the storm more 'random', where every game does not end on the coast. The storm should be secondary to combat, right now it is first. Circles in the middle of the map are good, and promote better more fun gameplay

I haven’t actualy noticed,but your argument still stands.

Comment

Working...
    X