Fortnite Battle Royale: Changes that need to be brought about

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite Battle Royale: Changes that need to be brought about

Hello Epic Games and everyone else who is reading this,
    Before I state my thoughts and feelings about the current state of the game, I would like to say that I have been playing this game since the middle of season two, and that it has been my favorite game since, and probably my favorite game of all time. So, Epic, I would like to tell you what a great job you have done with this game, and please don't interpret any of my criticism as hate, just helpful ideas to balance the game. Over the past few weeks to a month or so, large changes have occurred within the Battle Royale version of Fortnite. I would like to focus mainly on the weapons aspect, particularly the shotguns and SMGS. Awhile back, probably about one-and-a-half - two months ago, shotguns got a huge damage reduction. I believe this was a smart move, seeing that shotguns were OP. More recently, however, double shotgunning has been removed altogether. Shotguns effectiveness is at an all-time low, and many players, including myself, are not exactly thrilled about this. If double shotgun is going to be removed, at least let pump shotguns do more than 80 damage to the body, and possibly a one shot-head shot kill, just like they used to do. Or, on the flip side, allow double shotgun and keep the reduced damage as it is. Now, onto the SMGS. I feel that many players will agree with me on this issue. It all started with the SMG damage and accuracy buff. I thought that was very well executed, however, the tactical SMGS were a bit OP, possibly being the reason for their removal. Then, the Sub Machine Gun was added to the game. It was and is still a bit OP, but with how quickly the magazine runs out, I think it is balanced for the most part. After this, SMGS were clearly a huge part of the meta, and nothing more was needed to improve them. But low and behold, ANOTHER SMG, the Compact SMG was just added to the game. It is very OP in my opinion, and it is now very difficult to win a close-range fight when you don't have an SMG but your opponent does. Shotguns are worse than ever, and quite frankly, the game is becoming less and less fun because of it. To sum all of this up, Epic, I would like to ask you to re-think and balance the huge gap between SMGS and shotguns. Right now, on scales of 1-10, SMGS are at about a 9, and shotguns are at about a 3. I think it would be smarter and would appeal more to the players if SMGS and shotguns were both balanced out at around a 6 or 7 or so. The thing that bugs me a little bit is that the worse players can just get an SMG and spray and pray and hit many of their shots, and shotguns, plain and simple, aren't fun to use anymore.
    Also, I just have a couple of minor suggestions that myself and I'm sure many other players would like to see in the game, and that would be to add back the old loading/Victory Royale music. In addition to this, I would love it if you could add back the music that was played on the battle bus during the middle of season two. Also, I liked the old victory royale animation much better, and i believe many other players did as well. Last but not least, I would like you to please reconsider the amount of materials llamas give. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I would just like to say that no game is perfect, and I still love and enjoy this game very much. Thanks again!
    Sincerely,
    Leo (AKA IndiansNation23)

*applauds vehmenently* took the words out of my mouth, minus the llama buff 1500 mats was too much but taking that many mats out of the game should definately call for increasing the rate at wich we farm I hate games where I have to farm between trying to fight off multiple spammers

Comment

• IndiansNation23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I totally agree with you. Llama thing for me is just a side note, it's the SMGS and shotguns I'm more concerned about.

Overall I agree. But, I think SMGs are fine but the shot guns should go back to how it was when they added the heavy. However I think the VICTORY ROYALE screen is cool how it is. But the llamas do need to be buffed. Lastly, personally, I don’t really care about the music and the birthday one will only last a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratgyze View Post
      Overall I agree. But, I think SMGs are fine but the shot guns should go back to how it was when they added the heavy. However I think the VICTORY ROYALE screen is cool how it is. But the llamas do need to be buffed. Lastly, personally, I don’t really care about the music and the birthday one will only last a couple of weeks.
      Lol SMGs are fine what a joke.

Comment

Working...
      X