X

The created "nameless" account is crazy.. I lost everything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The created "nameless" account is crazy.. I lost everything

So I downloaded Fortnite on my Xbox and did not create an EPIC account right away so apparently, it gave me a "nameless" account as Plamen from support told me. So, of course, I did not know that there was an EPIC account linked to Xbox Gamertag on LIve because I never created one nor did I consent to one. So I ended up making an EPIC account and linked it to my Xbox. Again, I did not know my account was already linked to a "nameless" one. I linked my newly made EPIC account to my Xbox Live and then I lost everything. All my purchases, skins, records, all gone. All the time and money I put into the game - gone. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if I knew how to link back to my "nameless" account. Since I did not create it, I have no idea what the credentials are to my nameless account are so I cannot relink. I have been emailing with support for days now and have gotten nowhere.

I think it is too late for me to get all my progress and purchases back which really sucks and I wish EPIC would refund me or find my "nameless: account they made for me.

But even if I don't get my stuff back or a refund, Epic needs to better inform their players about these "nameless" accounts and the consequences that could happen. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has lost everything because of this horrible situation. Something needs to change.

This has just happened to me.

Comment

Same thing happened to me. LMK if they tell you something.

Comment

How do I see when I started playing fortnite?

Comment

Amigo SlobbKnocker69, a mi me paso algo con un familiar y me ayudaron... la cuenta debe estar asociada a un correo electrónico, al menos así ocurre en play 4.

Comment

This is bad. It just happened to me also. I don't understand why unlinking PSN account from Promoted Epic Account (When you log in to 'Nameless' epic account via PSN login then you are prompted to set first name, last name, email and online ID for your Epic Account) would lose all the progress and purchases. As far as I understand then re-linking your PSN account to the Promoted Epic Account would not restore the data. If that is so then I'm both sad and confused - Epic figured out how to handle 10M concurrent players, 50 players in the last circle, deliver live events simultaneously across all servers and then you tell me that they can't keep couple rows in the database to preserve progress??
            Last edited by rainuvadertwo; 04-23-2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X