Completing season 2 battle pass out of season

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completing season 2 battle pass out of season

So this is not my original idea btw... also no hate btw
    So I have heard this around the community more and more and it’s a pretty big topic, so here. The season 2 battle pass featured the hands down best battle pass rewards we've seen so far. Though it wasn't exactly loaded with content, the items in it were very high quality. The only issue with the season 2 battle pass was its progression system. No shade towards EPIC, especially since it was their first take at the battle pass system, but the season 2 battle pass was simply just unfair, here's why: Daily challenges- The main way to gain tiers for the season 2 battle pass was by completing daily challenges. Daily challenges could stack up to 2 + 1 bonus battle pass challenge (If I'm correct, apologies if I'm not). This means that each day if you completed all your challenges, you progress 1.5 tiers for your pass. Very reasonable, however, Fortnite gained most of its popularity mid-late season 2. This means that even if you joined mid-season 2, and bought the battle pass on the first day, you would be incapable of completing the pass without spending any money. It would take 46 days to reach level 70 progressing at 1.5 tiers per day. Of course, you gain battle stars from just leveling up, but they were minimal and did not assist much in the journey to the Black Knight. This, of course, isn't a very valid argument, as the solution to have completed the pass without spending money would've been to "play earlier". Playing earlier wasn't much of an option, because if you didn't play earlier, you probably didn't know the game existed. The whole concept of the daily challenge system didn't really work as expected. If you were to miss a day of playing, you would have lost a whole tier of progress, because challenges didn't stack past 2.
    Hear me out-

If you played in season 2 and purchased the battle pass (and didn't complete it), you deserve a second chance (in my personal opinion). I think that if you didn't complete the season 2 battle pass, you deserve a shot at redemption. Now the question remains-

IS THIS BALANCED, AND DOES IT KEEP THE RARITY OF THE PAST ITEMS?

Yes, it really does, because...

-It is only available to players who purchased the battle pass they would like to return to.
    -It keeps the rarity of the items because it wouldn't be available to new players, only those who played in that season, meaning the items stay in a way "SEASON EXCLUSIVE".
    -It would generate more money for EPIC if they chose to only allow purchasing tiers as the only form of obtaining missing tiers (perfectly reasonable).
    -It would make millions of players worldwide happy who never got the chance to obtain the single-handed best skin in the game to date (my opinion of course).
    Last edited by xd primalthunder; 11-16-2018, 11:14 AM.

lol, this was funny BS to read. Thanks :D

Comment

This is actually a good idea. I like it

That will be the best.thing if epic added that
      Last edited by TΑΝK; 11-16-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Touka_Me commented
        Editing a comment
        You got edited by TANK 0.o

Men That idea is very good but I would also like to give a second attempt for those who played season 2 and did not spend in the battle pass for economic reasons and for example I would spend if they give a second attempt to buy the battle pass 2 and I think it would be easy to know who played in that season because it would have an umbrella of the victory of season 2 this would be very good for epic since many people who play since season 2 did not buy the pass just an idea of ​​mine but I would like the truth

Comment

yeah but people who want it like me will be like PLEASE I WANT S2 BATTLE PASS so yeah they can make it so u can get s2 battle pass to s6

Comment

I think I read the post the original guy made and I agree. I made it to level 84 in season 2 and only got to tier 64 I think( I have AC/DC pick axe

Comment

this still like a concept?

Comment

• xd primalthunder commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes but really hoping it could happen!

This would be aweome because I bought it mid way through season two. But then never completed it because I didn’t play much because my friends didn’t play. But in season three I really started playing and now it’s seaon 8 and I play everyday and completed every battle pass from 3-8 and with max skins even omega and would love the opportunity to go back to the OG days complete it because I never got to.

Comment

Working...
            X