Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pump body shot still too high and unrewarding of accurate shots/skill.

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was always an advocate for pump shotguns being buffed ever since they were nerfed at the start of season 5 but the most recent update to them mostly caters to the worse players. I always felt the logical change would be to revert the head shot modifier so that people could be rewarded for hitting accurate shots to the head. Instead with the reduced range and increased body shot damage it feels more rewarding to hit two shots to the feet from within the same box than five consecutive headshots from a just over a box away.

Since the update I am constantly hitting for 30-40 damage from directly above from a box away whilst hitting someone for 110 to the feet from ever so slightly closer. I don't see how this is logical and it seriously p*sses me off. I can't understand how I can hit someone with 7+ pellets with 3 shots in a row and take off 100 health but then get a fraction closer and do the same damage with one shot to the body. Because I am playing cautiously enough to remain at a distance where I can't get trapped, sprayed down with an SMG or have someone phase through any builds I am being punished. The heavy shotgun seems to solve this issue but the lack of immediate damage it can do in comparison to the pump makes it less desirable to hold for endgame.
Working...
X