Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fortnite Battle Royale: Clan Leaderboards and Clans Suggestion?

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	7ec3fef941ccd281eb10b4fa42d1da97.png Views:	1 Size:	213.6 KB ID:	90061
    Fortnite Battle Royale Players are able to create their own team - or join another, also known as a Clan, they can compete against other clans in a player-point leaderboard ranking system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	adc9a181ed3a836fee68d8eaf6043de6.png Views:	1 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	90063

The Player Points feature is sort of like the high-score screens of old arcade machines. Developers can implement systems to award points to players for achieving certain goals in games. Players and clan members will be able to view the rankings for today, the past week, the past month, or of all-time. Every game has an unlimited amount of player points that it can distribute and the game's developer has full discretion on how to award points to their players. This means that points can be awarded for playing for a certain amount of time, for reaching milestones in the game, winning tournaments, or anything else the developer feels is appropriate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3cf7d5e4b1fe878ac2d8bb89a7a81d84.png Views:	1 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	90064
    Each member of a clan contributes to its total clan score with every point they earn. That is, when you earn a point in a game, your clan earns one too. The points you earn while a member of the clan are cumulative. This means that even if you leave a clan, the points you contributed to its score up until that time will persist. Clan leaders will be able to manage any clan they have created, thereby removing inactive players etc. The developers could create daily, weekly or monthly clan challenges (similar to player's current "daily challenges") - Using all or some of my suggestions will allow players to be in and create clans but have no need to have "team death-match, death-match game modes" due to the cumulative point system, that can be earned similarly too player experience.

Click image for larger version  Name:	d525c0b514daa8221dda213536b4dca9.png Views:	1 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	90065

Fortnite Battle Royale Players will be able to create clans for 500 Vbuck's (or an appropriate price but I would advice this not to be free-of-charge).

Click image for larger version  Name:	c7693fedc0c3dd4c054535f3198d7d0a.png Views:	1 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	90067
    I think a huge aspect of owning and creating a clan, is to allow other members (or friends) to participate in the leadership of a clan. Granting special privileges to certain members, the default group roles could be something along the lines of, Owner, Admin, Member, and Guest. It might also be an interesting/unique idea to add an option to create custom roles (however this may be abused). A possible way to avoid abusing the custom role option within a clan could be by making the clan leader pay Vbuck's to add a custom role, this will still allow clan's to add unique roles, but hopefully avoid abusive clan roles being made

Click image for larger version  Name:	226008ea81bd1d19e59f106d1049c65f.png Views:	1 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	90066
    Each clan costs 500 Vbuck's to create (or an appropriate price)
    You may only be part of one Clan at a time
    Clans may have a maximum of 25 members (or a cap of the developers choice)
    Perhaps clans can purchase additional member spots, if there clan is full (for an additional amount Vbuck's)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	906006a0f853686948d2bc74f7aff347.png Views:	2 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	90069
    Let me know what you guys think of what I have proposed and explained above, is this something you guys want to see EPIC Games add in Fortnite or not? Positives and Negatives of the system I have thought of and generally your views on this suggestion. Let's not forget that positive feedback and a mass response may be the only thing to get this - or something similar added to the game. I speant a lot of time creating this post/thread so the least you guys can do is comment your opinions. Hopefully you enjoyed reading this as much as I did creating.

Kind Regards,
    Vanquish (BLRGamer700 - PS4)

Click image for larger version  Name:	b53d51ed33e4e7a41f658b43750e70ab.png Views:	1 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	90070
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Leases; 10-28-2017, 08:58 PM. Reason: Centered text by request

Feedback would be much appreciated, feel free to contact me via discord for any further information with regards to my post, or leave a comment.
    (Vanquish#0377)

Kind Regards,
    Vanquish

Comment

I think this is a good starting point for the whole "Clan" concept i feel if EPIC Games start with this idea as their foundation they could develop it further with more complex/detailed uses for clans, however this is once again a good way to start off so good job

Comment

I love the concept, just please center the text haha. Good job1

Comment

Originally posted by SamiModz View Post
        I think this is a good starting point for the whole "Clan" concept i feel if EPIC Games start with this idea as their foundation they could develop it further with more complex/detailed uses for clans, however this is once again a good way to start off so good job
        Appreciate the feedback, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by AG_Carnivor View Post
          I love the concept, just please center the text haha. Good job1
          Text has since been centered.

Comment

Just wanna say something. Before adding clans, they definitely need to make the game more skill-based. Clans could act as a foundation for future competitive play, maybe even an invitational. But that will not be supported by players or the community if the game is more RNG based than skill base. Hopefully they fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by AG_Carnivor View Post
              Just wanna say something. Before adding clans, they definitely need to make the game more skill-based. Clans could act as a foundation for future competitive play, maybe even an invitational. But that will not be supported by players or the community if the game is more RNG based than skill base. Hopefully they fix it.
              I agree its something that needs to be worked on but adding some sort of feature sooner rather than later would be nice.

Comment

If clans all go into the same matches together, sure put em in, but i don't want hardcore tryhards in my random squad games.
                I don't want MMR either, MMR ruins the chaos of the game, i like not knowing if the enemy is a good player or a bad one i have to treat them all equally.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxbes View Post
                  If clans all go into the same matches together, sure put em in, but i don't want hardcore tryhards in my random squad games.
                  I don't want MMR either, MMR ruins the chaos of the game, i like not knowing if the enemy is a good player or a bad one i have to treat them all equally.
                  I understand the concern, I wasn't suggesting clans be just for competitive players, for anyone a group of friends, a group of serious gamers the opportunities are endless.
                  Thanks for the response.
                  Vanquish

Comment

Wow, nice post my friend! I think what would be crucial to a clan-system, would be an ingame chat (global and clanintern) to communicate... maybe also something like clan-squads/Duos. But prior to clans, I think global leaderboards would be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by MiMiXis View Post
                      Wow, nice post my friend! I think what would be crucial to a clan-system, would be an ingame chat (global and clanintern) to communicate... maybe also something like clan-squads/Duos. But prior to clans, I think global leaderboards would be necessary.
                      Appreciate the feedback my friend, I totally agree that global leaderboards would have to exist in-order for clans too, that is unless they added a clan leaderboard.

Comment

Im not sure in-game chat is needed to have a clan system within the game though? I don't think thats necessary.

Comment

Yes please!!! I currently do a lot of solo matches because most of my friends are playing other games. A clan system would be fantastic. There's one change that I would make (though I realize the # was not set in stone). A 25 member limit is too small I believe. I play other games in larger clans than that and still have trouble finding people during lull periods. The fact is, Fortnite will go through phases where it's not near the top of the Twitch watch list. During these periods it will be hard for the more dedicated folk to find teammates. Beyond that, a clan system will definitely benefit the game and enhance replayability, and in turn profit. Win for everyone.

Comment

How do I make a clan where do I spend 500vbucks at?

Comment

Working...
                            X