X

Native Linux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native Linux

Once again the small but growing Linux community has been shafted. A native Linux version of the game would be great. Yes, it can be run via Wine with varying levels of success but if you want to broaden your audience native Linux is a great place to start.

I am agree with Jman is salty. I am linux user too, it will be really nice to have native linux client

Comment

It would be great to have native linux launcher+fortnite, it's kind of weird that they haven't released it already. There is zero BR game on linux.

Originally posted by Jman.is.salty View Post
      Yes, it can be run via Wine with varying levels of success...
      No, it doesn't work at all with wine since battleye update.

Comment

Originally posted by analsandblaster
        Look at me, I'm a 1337 Linux user and I'm deliberately making my life harder by using servers environment operating system only for the sake of boosting my ego when in reality I just want to run all the Windows-supported applications.
        Please, Fornite devs, port your game to Linux because I'm too proud/dumb to understand how real-life works.
        I know adding support for another platform is extra work. However, probably more people than you think are frustrated by not have the choice to run their games/software on the OS they prefer. I would be very thankful if Epic publish Linux release for Fortnite :D

Comment

Originally posted by analsandblaster
          Look at me, I'm a 1337 Linux user and I'm deliberately making my life harder by using servers environment operating system only for the sake of boosting my ego when in reality I just want to run all the Windows-supported applications.
          Please, Fornite devs, port your game to Linux because I'm too proud/dumb to understand how real-life works.
          the ONLY reason Windows is still competitive is gaming...and gaming alone. Linux is superior in every way. Its faster, smaller, more features, custom, etc. so dont bash on people for **** you dont understand.

Comment

Originally posted by xSiNNx View Post

the ONLY reason Windows is still competitive is gaming...and gaming alone.
            That's not true. Not even close to the realm of accurate.

Maybe in your mind it's true, but factually you're way off.

Comment

Originally posted by DestructoSloth View Post

That's not true. Not even close to the realm of accurate.

Maybe in your mind it's true, but factually you're way off.
              how do i put this without making a "well duh" statement. the number of users on Windows that are only ON Windows for gaming is drastic. Its not because its the best OS, or anything like that, its because its the only REAL option when it comes to gaming. everything you see with Windows 10, Linux did about 10+ years ago. know that joke that goes around about how the new Apple phone just hit 2014 standards? yeah, thats Windows compared to Linux. also, as you probably already know, Linux is free which makes it that much better to upgrade and build on.

so yes, if developers ditched Windows and moved to Linux, the number of Windows users would drop drastically. so that kinda proves my point that people are only using Windows because their favorite game runs on it WELL. this is all speculation and opinionated and i understand that. nothing will ever be proven because switching to Linux will never happen lol. i'm just saying, just because Windows is the top dog, doesnt mean that its good. In fact, i HATE Windows, but i only use it because my games run on it. Hell, even Mac users have a Windows machine to game on, and we all know Apple users....they will kill you for talking bad about their **** product haha

Comment

Originally posted by xSiNNx View Post

how do i put this without making a "well duh" statement. the number of users on Windows that are only ON Windows for gaming is drastic. Its not because its the best OS, or anything like that, its because its the only REAL option when it comes to gaming. everything you see with Windows 10, Linux did about 10+ years ago. know that joke that goes around about how the new Apple phone just hit 2014 standards? yeah, thats Windows compared to Linux. also, as you probably already know, Linux is free which makes it that much better to upgrade and build on.

so yes, if developers ditched Windows and moved to Linux, the number of Windows users would drop drastically. so that kinda proves my point that people are only using Windows because their favorite game runs on it WELL. this is all speculation and opinionated and i understand that. nothing will ever be proven because switching to Linux will never happen lol. i'm just saying, just because Windows is the top dog, doesnt mean that its good. In fact, i HATE Windows, but i only use it because my games run on it. Hell, even Mac users have a Windows machine to game on, and we all know Apple users....they will kill you for talking bad about their **** product haha
                However much I would love to agree, you couldn't be more wrong. You seem to think gamers single-handedly make the market,

However, the industry widely uses Windows *because* it is paid for, and that guarantees official support. Have you tried to tell a OSS dev that your million-dollar company is stuck by a bug and that he has to fix it? He owes you nothing, he will laugh at your face. (If you haven't tried, look for precedent: it has happened and it was hilarious!)

It is fair, but that makes Linux fundamentally unreliable. Sure, companies like RedHat specialize in supporting customers, but that's mostly for servers, which is a totally different thing than desktops.

But yeah, there are several reasons not to use Windows at home other than being a sassy condescending 1337. Mine is that it's what I am used to, as my previous PC was way too slow to handle anything but a really light OS and at the time it was my only choice. Now I have a machine capable of running a recent version of Windows, but I just don't like its interface and find myself struggling to do stuff I can do in a few keystrokes on my system. I also enjoy being virus-free and I enjoy the peace of mind that is brought by repositories.

Anyhow. I came to this thread to add my voice to the (seemingly) few people that want this to be released on Linux. I gave up on another Epic Games title just because I didn't want to reboot every time I was asked to play it.

Comment

maybe some people don't want to pay and run an operating system where they are limited to what they can do, is slower and is always ****ing spying on you.
                  on linux, you have complete control over your system, is lightning fast and doesn't have to update every ****ing day for some stupid telemetry.
                  it's amazing. sure if you don't understand or don't want to bother with the deeper level of computing, then stick to Windows, fine. but it would be stupid easy to port Fortnite to linux, they just don't care, which really sucks.
                  Fortnite is literally the only reason I run windows right now.

Comment

the ONLY reason i still run windows on my desktop is program compatibility, otherwise id have Ubuntu on my PC as well as my laptop, so stop being an *** to people just because they prefer better operating systems. I would like to see program support so the operating system I prefer, as would a lot of other people.

Comment

Originally posted by USER-f7186c67e7f
                      Oh, hay guise, Ihm a Linux uhser and we hhave a bit over a million Linux distros. Pl0x port Frtnite to Linux, itsa super eazy.
                      Well, don't port it to all distros... Do like steam did. Support one or two distros (for example ubuntu) and release a .deb file(compatible with ubuntu) for the launcher. Other distros will adopt it by themselves. For the dependencies the best way will be to bundle all the libraries with the launcher and have kind of custom runtime(like steam did!). With flatpak or snap it will be even easier, since the libraries are bundled

Comment

Please Make This Happen. I've been a Linux only user for YEARS and I've noticed that gaming on linux has become far more popular and I love Fortnite! It would be amazing if I had a native linux client for this game. If you can port it to PS4 you can port it to Ubuntu at least.

Comment

CADE Fortnite para Linux? Para distribuiƧƵes pelo menos mais conhecidas???

Comment

I support this idea! :)

Comment

Me too! I would really like to play Fortnite on Linux

Comment

Working...
                              X