Mouse cursor invisible when playing on ps4 with mouse and keyboard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse cursor invisible when playing on ps4 with mouse and keyboard

There’s this bug with the mouse cursor on PS4 it’s really hard to navigate and also how the inventory doesn’t function like it is if you’re playing with mouse and keyboard on pc so it’s hard to switch your items if you’re playing wiTh mouse and keyboard on PS4 if you can fix these it would be amazing I acknowledge you guys are always busy with bugs so if it doesn’t get fixed anytime soon it’s completely okay

This has apparently been happening for a while. While it isn't a deal breaker since a person can do their best to remember which slots their weapons/items are in and simply click that button. However, during a squad game if the player wishes to drop ammo for a fellow squad member that is nearly impossible without a good five to ten seconds at least (assuming the player becomes proficient in inventory navigation with an invisible mouse.)

Personally, my greatest qualm lies in reassigning the inputs on the keyboard and using a mouse to do so. More often than not I read the descriptor of the button my invisible cursor is over to find where I am at on the screen because there isn't much difference in icon appearance regarding not hovering over a keyboard input to be changed and then hovering over it.

It honestly gives me a mild headache, especially while processing by trial and error which keyboard configuration is best for me. I don't use the inventory in the game because of this though I would like to order my items in the slots for convenience and ease of remembering which buttons to press to access that weapon/item.

The whole inventory interface doesn't need a change at all. Having a visible cursor would be enticing for game types other than solo, but until there is a cursor I don't believe I would be able to drop a med kit, bandages, some 'splode stuff, and other items to a teammate who needs it. This makes me a liability of function to directly support my squad during tense moments, aside from being able to shoot and build. But what good is a teammate who has been pinned down with me that now has no ammo and I can't hand over much needed ammo without considerable adverse consequence?

I am extremely* happy that there is support for the mouse and keyboard and it absolutely is correct to state I could play those game types with my PS4 controller. But would you please for the love of what ever entity of worship you believe, please add the cursor. I'm no genius here, but it seems like it would be very easy to implement and that is slightly frustrating. Doesn't just a cursor image need to be overlaid the already established programmed invisible mouse? Sure, there are other prevalent issues and those representing the mouse and keyboard players of the counsel users is probably much smaller than the others in that demographic. But, hear me out for a second. If there is time to create a bush potion then I believe there is time to add the image of a cursor. Maybe there are different teams in development, rather there are different teams in development, but it wouldn't an all day endeavor to add the cursor were the concern to be placed on someone's desk. Further in line with that train of thought, there is no risk of backlash from the community when implementing the cursor, but there is risk (I understand "No risk; no reward.) for backlash when integrating controversial (This stems from others' opinions in different threads.) items such as that bush potion. There is nothing to lose when adding in the cursor.

Previously mentioning that this is an issue of function and not necessarily skill, I can understand this being swept under the rug until there's enough complaint that there is a noticeable lump underneath it that can't be avoided, but sweeping this under the rug for months now must mean there is at least a little lump. The remedy for game types other than solo, which is an issue regarding this topic, is using a controller. Problem solved and it is 100% playable. There is no remedy the player can seek with their own will to resolve the missing cursor in inventory except for dedicating a ps4 controller specifically for that. Which then in lies another concern, though I have worked around this.

Setting aside a ps4 controller dedicated to inventory management with the addition of a mouse and keyboard is a three USB job, but there are only two USB ports for the PS4. This might be included for the Xbox One, as well. Yet, and with the chance occurrence of having this device, I was able to use a USB splitter for one those PS4 ports which then allows me to use all three controllers perfectly fine. That was a welcoming surprise.

Since this has been a concern mentioned over multiple months and with a reasonable assumption that this is a reasonably easy issue to correct, but I do understand pleasing the masses with additional content is a great way to throw a larger net in the ocean, and this isn't "Why haven't you done this yet!?", I would like our single concern to be heard and implemented. Not only am I attempting to finally, once and for all, end this hefty inconvenience affecting game play for a small population that doesn't have much stake in the development of this game, I do want to keep some accountability on your end as well. It seems more than a small oversight to forget to add a cursor to a game (albeit, a free game) that is designed to use those peripherals across platforms. In the end this is a mutually beneficial approach, such that were if it were the case that there isn't as much attention to detail and the complete execution of features then it would be further brought into focus, producing a better game, and the smaller population of those using the mouse and keyboard can finally play the game as intended like everyone else without needing to apply work-arounds.

Well, to anyone who read this in its entirety, "Thanks." Have a good one and a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by Planky _Plankon View Post
      There’s this bug with the mouse cursor on PS4 it’s really hard to navigate and also how the inventory doesn’t function like it is if you’re playing with mouse and keyboard on pc so it’s hard to switch your items if you’re playing wiTh mouse and keyboard on PS4 if you can fix these it would be amazing I acknowledge you guys are always busy with bugs so if it doesn’t get fixed anytime soon it’s completely okay

If you like using mouse and keyboard so much, why don't you play on a PC? Problem Solved.
      I mean, do you HAVE to bring your keyboard and mouse to the PS4 servers in order to get a kill, or what?

When players use their mouse and keyboard on the ps4 it leaves everyone else who sticks to the good ol' controller at a HUGE disadvantage. Players who use mouse and keyboard have the precision and accuracy of pc competitors... Have you ever seen someone play with a controller against keyboard and mouse users in a competition? NO because they would be at a colossal disadvantage.

It is not fair for regular ps4 controller players.

If you are indeed playing on ps4 servers with mouse and keyboard, it's probably because you're too lousy to hang in the actual PC servers. So you conveniently bring your mouse and keyboard to PS4 servers, giving you a competitive edge on everyone else who plays with the traditional ps4 controller.

Peace n Love mates

EPIC GAMES: I love the game, except the crappy cheaters^^^

Comment

Chronicmaniac

You do realize that aiming in this game does not guarantee you a kill right? Most of the time I'm dead center on people and miss 80% of my shots do to the rng bullet spread. I would say with this random bullet spread a controller is more advantageous with its snap and aim assist for finding and following targets. This isnt PUBG or Call of Duty where aim means everything. This is Fortnite BR where you aim dead center on someone and pray your shots land.

Mouse and Keyboard are a part of the game and can be used by who ever feels like it. Dont attack other players over your gaming preference. Bumping a month old post to attack someone is pretty low.

Comment

If u willl add mouse sensitivity settings bar on consoles and some cursor like little dot in inventory that will be awesome.

Comment

War_MachineXL

You cant honestly tell me, that your aiming isn't better on the kb&m? I play other games in pc, and i can tell you for fact aiming is a lot easier and precise on mouse and keyboard. FACT. Tell me the name of one streamer or pro gamer who plays on pc servers using a controller. ONE.

Secondly for console players, theres a slight aim assist integrated into the game dynamics; which if used with a keyboard & mouse its just too easy to get kills. You can jump and jump and aim like no other. yes i know the aiming isn't the best in this game. But the facts are that mouse and keyboard do make aiming a great deal easier.

I for one think that if you want to play so desperately with a mouse and keyboard you should be doing it on your pc in pc servers. I understand that its easier for you to get kills on the ps4 for servers.. grow up and play fair mate.

Another thing is everyone who play on pc by linking their account to the ps4 servers, and on top of that use hacking software, shame on you. Ruining the fun for many honest players.

If you cant understand my point being made, its because you're probably a mouse and keyboard player. I don't have a problem with people's gaming preference; by all means play with your keyboard and mouse. Just don't do it in ps4 servers mate, or are you too dense to comprehend the advantage that mouse and keyboard have over controllers?

So yeah bumping this so it gets noticed. This is mostly for the people who play on actual computers and link their account to the ps4 servers. Thats about the biggest cowardly move one can make in gaming.

I m saying this out of experience, i specifically bought a ps4 and not a pc because i didn't want to deal with hackers. But with this available option, it's been happening too often that i get two tapped by some guy on the foothills of a mountain ( i spectated and they were two-tapping everyone not just me), he didnt get lucky, he was hacking.

And you my friend are just encouraging this kind of behaviour. PS4 games should be played with a ps4 controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronicmaniac View Post
              War_MachineXL

You cant honestly tell me, that your aiming isn't better on the kb&m? I play other games in pc, and i can tell you for fact aiming is a lot easier and precise on mouse and keyboard. FACT. Tell me the name of one streamer or pro gamer who plays on pc servers using a controller. ONE.

Secondly for console players, theres a slight aim assist integrated into the game dynamics; which if used with a keyboard & mouse its just too easy to get kills. You can jump and jump and aim like no other. yes i know the aiming isn't the best in this game. But the facts are that mouse and keyboard do make aiming a great deal easier.

I for one think that if you want to play so desperately with a mouse and keyboard you should be doing it on your pc in pc servers. I understand that its easier for you to get kills on the ps4 for servers.. grow up and play fair mate.

Another thing is everyone who play on pc by linking their account to the ps4 servers, and on top of that use hacking software, shame on you. Ruining the fun for many honest players.

If you cant understand my point being made, its because you're probably a mouse and keyboard player. I don't have a problem with people's gaming preference; by all means play with your keyboard and mouse. Just don't do it in ps4 servers mate, or are you too dense to comprehend the advantage that mouse and keyboard have over controllers?

So yeah bumping this so it gets noticed. This is mostly for the people who play on actual computers and link their account to the ps4 servers. Thats about the biggest cowardly move one can make in gaming.

I m saying this out of experience, i specifically bought a ps4 and not a pc because i didn't want to deal with hackers. But with this available option, it's been happening too often that i get two tapped by some guy on the foothills of a mountain ( i spectated and they were two-tapping everyone not just me), he didnt get lucky, he was hacking.

And you my friend are just encouraging this kind of behaviour. PS4 games should be played with a ps4 controller.
              Your misunderstanding quite a few things. First you cant just link your PC account to a PS4 account and play on PS4 servers on a PC. You have to join a friend who is also on PS4 and even then the the anti cheat is still on. That dosent mean hackers are not there but I have not even seen a hacker in a long time. Second I didnt say aiming with a controller was better. Just that in this game where no matter how good your aim is you can still miss 80% of your shots even if your dead center. So the only advantage a mouse gives you is faster turning. The third and main thing is that you bumped a month old post to attack someone over reporting a bug, I didnt post here intending to fight with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronicmaniac View Post
                War_MachineXL

Hacking is an issue in almost any game that has ever been made no matter the platform that it is on. Also, it has been asked tons of people to add support for keyboard and mouse on newer games for the next gen consoles. And since I have played on both keyboard and mouse and on controller (both on PS4) I can say you have no advantage against someone that knows how to play the game. And to answer your question on naming one personality (streamer or youtuber) that uses controller I will give you exactly one, H20 Delirious. He's pretty freakin good and Fortnite BR and plays on a controller and I know more than just one but you only asked for "ONE".

Have a good day.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJEBaeiSwkM&t=

?

Comment

Working...
                  X