Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd the new update gives up on fair and balanced...

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume few realize what this update is - even the PC streamers thinking their source of revenue is coming back. When there is divide between the "creators" and the vast silent majority, the only time you give the so called creators everything they think they want is when you want to consolidate down and compartmentalize a game to run idle. Otherwise, you mediate between the divide.

This is the signal that Epic is likely shifting resources, preparing for another project. With GaaS, from Epics vantage, it's the only way to you can preserve your image and free up enough resources to develop the project to pay the bills. If Apex hit 25m install, Epic is not going to double down on a stale franchise.

Epic gives the loudest crowd what they think they want - they'll get the cheers and the pat on the back, preserve their image, and they'll rapidly wind down console players and most pc players - right at the close of the season, dissuading enough people to not make a long term investment, and providing breathing room for managing the dwindling numbers that do keep on a bit longer.

If you are a console player; don't waste your money; if you're a casual PC player - you probably have a bit longer; if you are a "creator," I would pump Epic up as much as possible, save whatever money you still have and can still get - you'll need it when it comes time to find a real job or head back to school.

My suggestion for Epic, do better than this with your next franchise. I'm just a casual gamer - it doesn't effect me greatly what you do. But you just smashed a game that a lot of kids enjoy; and you've sent a vocal minority out to pump your name, and given little warning that an income source they may expect or depend is about to drop like a rock. Not only that, but what does that say to someone young who thinks of themselves as a creator or creative - that's pretty disillusioning when it's been validated for a year and a half, then vanishes. Are you letting them put Epic on their resumes? College applications?

.... What?

Comment

...................... What?

Comment

............Huh?

Comment

Uh.....well, you see...............uhmmm...............yeah, ..yes.............wait! uh............who's backyard?!

Comment

Update is now delayed......?

Comment

2x delayed..................? Mmmkay.

Comment

Second thoughts on destroying the game....? Or, more likely, covering potential legal liabilities otherwise unconsidered in destroying the game...(?)

Comment

Working...
                X