X

Fortnite really needs this and it is now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite really needs this and it is now

I have been playing fortnite since season 2 almost every single Day. Playing the game now is harder than ever and thats Why people is starting to ”hate” fortnite, because They have no chance to get a win or even one single kill. What needs to happen is som sort or ranking or anything that makes it “fair”. Where we get in a game with people on our own skill level. People with 0 kills get in a game with people that have around 0 kills and people with 1000 kills get in a game with people that have around 1000 kills aswell, and so on. I have seen so many people say “fortnite was better in season 1 or 2, that’s because in season 1 and 2 everyone were on the same skill level. Now Good players are only getting better and new players have no chance and that will make them give up on fortnite because they can’t get a kill or a win. We need this more than ever now.

It is not like that at all. New players do still get better if they try. Sure if the new players only play like once a week they have no chance of getting better, that's the thing about any competitive game. And honestly 0 kill players aren't gonna improve playing against other 0 kill players anyway. If the new players don't wanna improve but also wanna win they better stay away from the competitive scene and play other PvE games. If you wanna do the crime you gotta put in the time lol.

Comment

• PaypalMe osate commented
      Editing a comment
      0 kill players against other 0 kill players will definitely help new players in the game and enjoy the game like we did back in season 1 and 2. They will eventually get better and their skill will be higher as the time goes. That’s just how it is. Again we were all on the same skill level when we all started in season 1 and 2. That’s why people says “fortnite was better back then”.

PaypalMe osate Are you sure that you know what you are asking for? Because if "fair" matchmaking would be added to this game, it would make the game significantly harder for you. You have 2.92% solo win rate this season (in "fair" system you should have it around 1%), you've got Top 10 placement in 32.16% of matches (in "fair" system you should have it around 10%), you've got Top 25 placement in 48.54% of matches (in "fair" system you should have it around 25%).
    Last edited by An Alice; 02-13-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Editing a comment
      In fair matchmaking I would not meet players with 30k kills killing me and others in 1 second. Giving us no chance to even improve because we met a pro player. Fair matchmaking should at least be an option.

I'm still wondering how a season two player is complaining that the game is difficult or difficult to win. I'm sure you know Tfue/Ninja/Myth. Guess what happens when they get placed in a game with people on the same skill level as them? I know you guessed that right; They hardly win or kill other players and they play passively. I'm not saying they are trash!

Comment

Editing a comment
      I’m more trying to help new players who have no chance to get a kill or a win. That will end up in them quitting fortnite because it’s too hard. Not giving them a fair chance

PaypalMe osate Yes, as an option... sure, 100% agree. And you can sort of try it now, during Pop-Up Cup tournaments to see if you would really like it.

Comment

Editing a comment
      Pop up cup is not it. Imagine a new player in pop up cup. Not even one point and most likely not even one kill

PaypalMe osate Yes, for new players Pop-Up Cap would not be good "sneak peek" of fair matchmaking, but for you it should already be... I've just commented that you can try it now and see if you would really like it or not, not as a replacement for permanent rating based mode that would work "properly" for new players too.
    Last edited by An Alice; 02-13-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Editing a comment
      Pop up cups should still be in the game even if we have a ranked option. Rankings will not replace anything. Just being added.

PaypalMe osate Yes, I know :D I'm only saying that you can sort of try already how ranked mode matches would look like for you personally, to see if you would like those more compared to unranked matches :)

Comment

Skill-Based Matchmaking needs to happen asap. This is why so many people are switching to "Apex Legends" because it is a fresh, new game and everyone will be learning at the same time. Whereas in Fortnite the players who started earlier have mastered every aspect and leave the new players in the dust. It does not give new players a chance to even get the basics down. Without the basics it is harder to progress in skill for that game, thus turning most new players away and losing potential profit and support for the game (a game needs to have players to roll out new content to).

Comment

Skill-Based Matchmaking needs to happen asap. This is why so many people are switching to "Apex Legends" because it is a fresh, new game and everyone will be learning at the same time. Whereas in Fortnite the players who started earlier have mastered every aspect and leave the new players in the dust. It does not give new players a chance to even get the basics down. Without the basics it is harder to progress in skill for that game, thus turning most new players away and losing potential profit and support for the game (a game needs to have players to roll out new content to).

Comment

I would just like to issue a warning for anyone who attempts to reason with an alice. They are without a doubt one of the most confusing people on this forum. You can present example after example, video after video, try and explain things in terms of hypotheticals and if it doesn't match what they want in the game then they basically will ignore that you've said it. Look at any post about planes and people giving examples of how they were in a situation where they could not possibly focus a plane because they were pre occupied with a team fighting them on the ground or the plane wasn't visable because of natural cover until they were way to close to mathematically be able to deal enough damage to it before it simply kamekazied you and they simply just... ignore it. They just tell you that good players can kill planes before they get to them even when you've explained that it was mathematically impossible or genuinely not possible because it'd take your attention away from people standing right next to you with a shotgun and that that would get you killed. I've had this skill based match making conversation with an alice before and had similarly confusing moments in which I feel like I'm talking to a bot that has a limited amount of responses saved in its memory bank and when you say something to it that it's programmer didn't account for it simply just repeats a previous response it has given you despite being 100% irreverent and not an answer to what you've said.

Comment

• Touka_Me commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. I absolutely agree. I told someone not to even reply to them and then I got stuck replying to An Alice and it turned into a mess. Happened to me a couple of times. I started to not even comment on posts that they are in because no matter what it is they will disagree with anything.

• Mango Diesel commented
            Editing a comment
            The amount of times I have been stuck replying to that moron about planes is actually ridiculous and I don't even reply for the sake of trying to get through to them just to prevent anyone from having read something ridiculous An Alice has said and thinking it has any credibility.

I would like to warn anyone trying to discuss with Profiterolez that the only think that he can do is blaming the game for items that gets him killed, instead of actually trying to improve and become a better player.

Comment

If I could improve, I’m sure new players could. I absolutely sucked back then. My first game (S1) I tried dropping at the prison near moisty and got shot out of the air immediately. That happened for a while. Then there was the point where I never got mats to build. And the phase where I couldn’t aim. I always the FPS games, not 3rd person games ever. So Fortnite was hugely new for me, but I improved. Playground definitely helped a lot, and I practiced against some of my friends.
            Day 1 Fortnite Player; September 26, 2017.

Comment

CoolBizFortnite I've started playing this season and I got no idea what I was doing here, even no idea what weapons to keep taking with me. Team Rumble helped me a lot, as I could try what weapons are working good for me there, without starting over after every death. And after countless Team Rumble matches when I already knew what weapons I should be searching for, improved my aiming, even learned to build a little if needed (but I still prefer to use "natural covers" as people are usually looking for other players in built structures, so it's safer to use "natural covers" most of the time) I've started getting better and better performance in "standard" matches too.

Comment

• CoolBizFortnite commented
                Editing a comment
                True. Team Rumble is a good practice mode for anybody, especially when trying to practice against actual players and not just friends.

An Alice Says the person who spends all game every game in a plane, has admitted in the past that he never played before planes were added. Thinks building is overpowered and says the game should more resemble the LTM ground game which has a max matt capacity of about 100/50/50. And has said in the past that the perfect counter to planes is literally... an Rpg... the slowest moving projectile in the game. When I first started playing, I didn't know how to build. I didn't call out for building nerfs because other people were better at it than me, I simply practised and improved. I continue to practice and improve techniques like editing. You however think that no matter what, even if due to natural cover a plane is not even visible for long enough for any gun in the game to deal an amount of damage capable to destroy it, before it kamikazes into you, that that's bad playing on behalf of someone for not doing something literally impossible, and that there just isn't any abuse of planes currently happening in the proscene. Which is literally ridiculous because every single video from most content creators on the internet, involve flying planes to find people, and kamikazing straight into them, to the point where some of the best players in the game have specifically made videos about it like Nickmercs who made a video titled "The most unfair thing in fortnite".

Nerf building keep planes GG great ideas bro.

Comment

Profiterolez LOL, I've done "final" storm circle rotations (so to the new locations inside the storm) many times with more than 10 players alive in solo matches during tournaments, a few times hitting Top 3 during those rotations. You can't do it in plane. Try to do such rotations by yourself and you will learn to pay enough attention to what's happening around you to never have problems with players in planes anymore. Some people that getting me in their "standard" matches, after being last alive with me, most likely see such rotation for the first time... as it almost never happen in "standard" matches, if you don't have player like me there (usually if you have players that has experience with those rotations he will just kill everyone before that phase). But I'm still new to the game, so with no chance with "direct" confrontation... I'm just keep doing those rotation like I've learned in tournaments... and I'm sometimes winning without firing a single shoot for the whole match, with those confused players dying in the storm :D
                Last edited by An Alice; 02-14-2019, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X