Launch Pads: V.1.9 Patch Notes
2017. 11. 13.
Numerous gameplay, controller sensitivity, and performance improvements are air-dropped into Fortnite Battle Royale. Save the World receives quality-of-life improvements across many of its systems and introduces a new set of stylish shotguns in the V.1.9 patch.
Battle Royale Launch Pads
Prepare your gliders. The Launch Pad trap flings players high into the air and lets you re-deploy your glider mid-match! Traverse the battlefield in style as you soar over any obstacles in your path and surprise your enemies with an aerial assault.
- Once deployed, the Launch Pad can be triggered by any player and has unlimited uses.
- It cannot be picked back up.
- It can be destroyed like any other trap.
Patch V.1.9 Introduces a brand new set of stylish shotguns! Each of these weapons can be looted throughout the world and their respective schematics can be found in Loot Llamas.
- Semi-Auto Shotgun - Uncommon
- Charger - Rare
- Stallion - Epic
- Stampede - Legendary
1.9 Patch Notes
WeaponsDev Comment: The following weapons were always intended to deal the same damage as their non-Scavenger counterparts. A bug caused the following weapons to deal increased damage, which is why we are adjusting them to their intended values now. We are sorry for initially missing this note! It is never our intention to "ninja-nerf."
- Scavenger Assault Rifle
- Base damage reduced from 33 to 28
- Impact reduced from 87 to 73
- Base damage reduced from 36 to 30
- Impact reduced from 95 to 80
- Scavenger Semi-Auto Shotgun
- Base damage reduced from 149 to 124
- Impact reduced from 528 to 440
- Husk Buster
- Base damage reduced from 162 to 135
- Impact reduced from 576 to 480
- Default controller sensitivity settings have been adjusted.
- In previous updates, scoped sensitivity was too slow, even at the highest setting. This has been improved in V.1.9 to allow for a wider sensitivity range.
- Controller sensitivity settings have been adjusted to range from 1 through 10 instead of 0.0 through 1.0.
- Sensitivities may feel different with this update. As much as we didn’t want to change your preferred settings, it was necessary in order to improve the scoped sensitivity issue that many players have reported.
- A new “Reset to Default” option has been added to the “Game” menu.
- Firing, jumping, reloading, etc will no longer cancel targeting mode.
- Introducing “Per Playlist Loot.”
- Duo Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to14.
- Squad Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 18.
- This adjustment only applies to ammo found in Ammo Cans, Treasure Chests, and Supply Drops. Eventually this will be increased in Floor Loot as well.
- Movement speed is reduced by 20% when swinging a harvesting tool. (Simply having it equipped does not slow you down!)
- It’s now possible to build in many grass-covered areas that previously would not allow it.
- Players can now build inside of shallow bodies of water such as Loot Lake.
- Consumables will now appropriately fill to max item limit when picking up stacks of the same item.
- Supply Drop health bar has been tweaked to reduce screen clutter.
- Players who are in the Down But Not Out (DBNO) state no longer pick up resources and ammo automatically.
- Fixed an issue which caused DBNO players to be eliminated if another teammate leaves the match even though another teammate is still alive.
- You can no longer revive DBNO players through closed doors.
- Fixed a bug which caused all hit effects to appear on the central point of a player.
- You can now open and close doors while in build mode.
- Players will no longer switch building pieces if they change material while targeting a structure. (Combat Pro controller configuration)
- You will no longer automatically pick up resources if you have reached 999 resources of that type.
- Damage numbers no longer overlap when damaging an enemy with a Sniper Rifle.
- Clarified messaging notification that appears when a player is unable to loot during the reload animation.
- Loading times have been improved.
- Optimized visibility checks for objects to improve overall frame rate.
- Improved performance when rendering shadows
- Reduced lag spikes caused by server hitches.
- Reduced in-game hitches by preloading additional assets in the matchmaking lobby instead of mid-match.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the server to stall temporarily, resulting in rubber-banding.
- Storm effects are now visible while spectating a player that is outside the safe zone.
- The correct item slot will now be highlighted when switching between separate stacks of grenades.
- Adjusted the Leaderboard page so the countdown timer is no longer clipping into the leaderboard.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in a single consumed shield potion visually appearing as 100 points of shield.
- The inventory menu no longer opens automatically when accesing the trap menu.
- The “Combat Pro” controller config icons are now displayed correctly on the combat quickbar.
- It is no longer possible to cancel matchmaking while trying to close the news window.
- Upon leaving a match, the popup message no longer states: "Return to home base."
- The “A Problem Occurred” message will no longer popup after each match has ended.
- Fixed an issue which caused voice chat settings to not save properly.
- The revive icon no longer turns red when another teammate is knocked into the DBNO state.
- Moved the FPS display off the minimap when the “Show FPS” option is enabled on PC or Mac.
- The “Code of Conduct” button links to the appropriately localized version of the CoC.
- Trees are now animated on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Added stairs to the Tomato Town tunnel that lead up to the top of the hill.
- Swapped a few small shacks out for larger ruined houses on the west side of the island.
- Adjusted the cliffs near the Risky River bridges.
- We wanted to incentivize players to use the bridges a bit more.
- You can no longer break the boats in Loot Lake by building on top of them.
- Breaking these boats would cause the treasure chests in them to be destroyed.
- Fixed various LOD issues.
- Patched up a few terrain seams.
- Removed indestructibility of some objects.
- Added collision to a number of objects.
- Added 2D hit sound effects for shield, body, and head bullet impacts.
- Added sound effects when highlighting locker items in the menus.
- Lowered the volume of the DBNO alert by a small amount.
- Fixed an issue which caused audio to occasionally cut out upon death.
- Fixed an issue which caused bush audio to play randomly.
- The “Friends Only” voice chat option now works as intended on Xbox One.
- Footstep sounds no longer trigger after the player stops moving.
- The Victory screen sound is now tied to the sound effect volume slider instead of the music volume slider.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the DBNO alert to play when reviving squadmates.
- Non-english keyboard keys can now be bound to inputs.
- Fixed a couple of rare crashes.
Save the World
- Added “Reset Game To Default” option to the Game Options menu.
- It is no longer possible to craft ammo that will not fit in your backpack.
- The Floor Freezing and Ceiling Drop traps can now be found in the world as loot from containers.
- Shielder's now smoothly attach to enemies that are knocked back.
- Players can now shoot down skull projectiles thrown by Lobbers and Flingers with double barrel shotguns.
- Falling Traps will now show their max tier.
- The upgraded Adrenaline Rush ability will once again resurrect players.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from purchasing the Increased Backpack Size node in the Research Tier 2 Skill Tree.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the player from building after activating an ability in build mode.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the wall attached to the Wall Launcher Trap from taking damage from a harvesting weapon.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Atlas to spawn inside of terrain in the Hexylvania zone.
- Added physics reactions to the Constructor’s DECOY ability when it is damaged.
- Players were previously receiving lower reward chests than intended.
- We will be compensating players shortly after the release of V.1.9.
- Updated the storm shield storage screen.
- Now sorts by rating.
- Item filters now impact both backpack and storage panels.
- Inventory limits are enforced when depositing and withdrawing items.
- Items can only be transferred highlighted and when your storage has sufficient capacity.
- Items will now be transferred as full stacks.
- The Switch Panel is only visible with the gamepad enabled
- FPS will now display above the minimap when enabled.
- You can now scroll through item details with a controller when recycling items or schematics.
- The crafting material list is now hidden when recycling schematics.
- Hang-glider expedition slots in the skill tree have been renamed to 'Prop Plane.'
- Updated hero perk’s descriptions to be consistent when describing magnitude changes such as energy cost, damage dealt, range.
- A “Backpack full” message will now appear when attempting to pickup an item when your inventory is full.
- A “Can’t hold more of this item” message will now appear when attempting to pick up ammo and building materials when your inventory is full.
- After rejoining a game in progress, gadget cooldown durations will now show the correct values.
- Survivors are no longer referred to as workers in the Skill Tree.
- The confirm button will no longer become unresponsive when crafting an item in the recycling menu.
- The “slot item” button is no longer off center in the Collection Book.
- Star level information will now correctly update for the Tire Drop trap.
- Error messages will no longer become stuck on screen.
- Fixed an issue which caused text to be cut off in the squad set bonus list.
- Fixed an issue which caused text to be cut off in the Daily Rewards menu.
- We have visually updated each and every elemental enemy type.
- You can never have too many traps! Overall game performance has been improved when traps are used in large numbers.
- Twitch subscriber quests now award Mini-Llamas instead of Event Candy.
- Troll Loot Truck Llamas now drop the correct number of event tickets.
Experiencing issues updating, logging in or crashing in Fortnite? Reach out to player support here.