It’s important to keep your Epic Games Launcher updated and sometimes restarting it is the best way to ensure you get these:
Close the launcher by right-clicking the system tray icon in the bottom right corner of your taskbar, then selecting Exit.
- Remove any command line arguments you may have from the launcher desktop shortcut's target line.
- Right click on the Epic Games Launcher desktop shortcut.
- Select Properties.
- Under the Shortcut tab, the field labeled Target should have a path that looks something like this (Your exact path may vary.): "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win64\EpicGamesLauncher.exe"
- If there are any arguments in the Target field after the path, such as -http=wininet remove them.
- Click Apply.
- Re-open the launcher.
- If updates need to be installed, the launcher should automatically detect them.