Use Unique Passwords
Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Two-Factor authentication allows you to require a code from a device you own before you can log in, this makes it much more difficult for someone to gain unauthorized access. We currently support email, SMS, and app-based 2FA. Get protected now.
- Be sure to also protect all third-party accounts linked to your Epic account, such as Xbox, Nintendo, PlayStation, Facebook, etc. These services also support 2FA, and 2FA increases the security of your Epic account. You can find more information about enabling 2FA on those accounts here.
Secure and Verify your Email Address
- When you sign up or change your email address, use an email that you expect to have long-term access to. Losing access to your email could prevent you from accessing or recovering your Epic Games account in the future.
- In case you haven’t done so already, we strongly recommend you verify the email address associated with your Epic account. This helps protect your account with our 2FA and makes it easier for Player Support to assist you in the event of any suspicious activity with your account.
- Secure your email address through your email service provider by using unique passwords and enabling 2FA.
Link Your Social Accounts for Extra Security
We offer support to integrate Facebook and Google logins within our Epic account system. This allows you to log into your Epic account without requiring a separate password as long as you’re actively logged into Google or Facebook. Please be sure to protect your social accounts with a unique password and 2FA.
Keep Your Devices Secure
- Don’t trust shared systems. You could be at a cybercafe, library, school, or even a friend's house. If you don't use your own computer or console, then do not allow it to remember your account info.
- Use antivirus software and keep it up to date.
Don’t Buy or Share Accounts
- Account buying, selling, or sharing is not allowed. Any actions committed, or bans received on your account as a result of sharing are your responsibility as the account creator.
- Buying and selling accounts is against our terms of service and will result in an account ban.
Don’t Trust Suspicious Offers
Do not trust any suspicious offers for Epic Games products such as free titles or V-bucks. Avoid to provide your login details on external sites. Any real offers will be displayed on the Epic Games Store or official Epic Games websites or social media channels.