If you receive one of the following errors while logging into your Epic Games account, try the troubleshooting steps listed below:
"Sorry, your Epic Games account is already associated with another account."
This error message means that you are attempting to link a console account to an Epic account that already has another console of the same type linked to it.
This might get this error because you logged into the wrong console account, or you logged into a console account that you do not use with Epic Games.
Try these troubleshooting steps to fix the issue:
- Try logging in via the Sign in with Epic Games option instead of the console option.
- Try opening this link in an Incognito window or an alternate browser to log in.
"Sorry, but this console account has already been associated with another Epic Games account."
This error message means that your console is already linked to an Epic Games account.
This may have happened if you opted to not linking your console account to an existing Epic account the first time you logged into Fortnite on the console.
To find the account your console is linked to, please do the following:
- Open this link in an Incognito web browser.
- Select the icon for your console type.
- Log in using your console login information.
If you have a full Epic Games account, you'll be able to see your account information under the GENERAL tab on the left side of the screen.
"You already have an account, please sign in."
This error message means that the email address is already in use on another account.
You can change the email address by following the steps here: Change the email on your Epic Games account.
"Incorrect response. Please refresh the page."
- If you received this error while linking an external account, it means that your password was incorrect when attempting to link your console to an existing Epic Games account.
- If you received this error while attempting to log in, please open a ticket with our Player Support by clicking the “Contact Us” button below.
"There was an error logging you in, please try again."
Sign back into your platform and you should be able to login into your account with no troubles.