We highly discourage unlinking your console account from your Epic Games account for these reasons:
- Your game progress and purchases are stored on your Epic Games account, so if you unlink your console account from your Epic Games account, you’ll lose access to that data from your disconnected console account.
- If you sign in to your Epic Games account using a console or platform that was unlinked, you will automatically create a brand new Epic Games account. This new account will not have any game progression.
- There is a restriction that prevents you from linking a new console account if the same console type was previously linked to your Epic Games account. You can read more about this restriction and see if you are eligible to remove it in this article.
If you still want to unlink your console account, follow the steps below:
- Verify your email address.
- Visit your Connected Accounts page.
- Click REMOVE below the console or platform account you want to unlink.