You'll get this error when you try to download a game and your hard drive doesn't have enough free space to install it. Free up some space on your hard drive to clear this error.
Free up space on your hard drive
Visit these articles for steps to free up space on your hard drive:
- If you're on a PC follow this Microsoft support article: Free up drive space in Windows.
- If you're on a Mac follow this Apple support article: Free up storage space on your Mac.
Change the installation directory
If you're still short on space and/or you have more than one hard drive, you can try installing the game on a different hard drive that may have more free space.
You can change the download location after you click Install on any game in your Library by clicking Browse:
Note: If you are stuck on continue and don't see the Install prompt, click the meatball menu (3 dots) on Fortnite in the Library, and select uninstall. Afterward, you will get the Install prompt, shown above.
How to check the free space on your hard drive
You can find out how much free space you have on your hard drive by following these steps:
- Click Start and then Settings.
- Click System.
- Click Storage.
- Look at your Local storage bar to see how much space is available.
Note: Scroll down to More storage settings, and then click View storage usage on other drives to see additional storage disks if you have any.
- Click the Apple menu, and then click About This Mac.
- Click Storage to view your Flash Storage bar and see how much space is available.