This error occurs when the launcher fails to create a file from chunks during the install or update process.
Free up hard drive space
There are several ways to free up hard drive space on your computer. Please visit this article for instructions on ways to do this.
Uninstall and reinstall your game
Removing the game’s current installation files and reinstalling may resolve your issue.
- Start the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click on your Library.
- Click on the three dots next to the game you are trying to play.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Restart the Epic Games Launcher and try to install your game again.
- Click on Start.
- Type cmd.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type netsh winsock reset and press the Enter key.
- Restart your computer.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to re-open the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- Type ipconfig/flushdns and press the Enter key.
- Then, type ipconfig/release and press the Enter key.
- Then, type ipconfig /renew and press the Enter key.