Unable to install on Windows
- Temporarily disable background applications. You can use the steps in this article to do this.
- Make sure you have read/write access to the selected install path.
- Navigate to your selected install location.
- Right-click the installation folder and click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click on your username in the Group or user names box.
- Verify that there is a check under Allow beside both Read and Write in the Permissions box.
- Make sure your Windows is up-to-date.
- Click Start.
- Type Windows Update and press Enter.
- Click on Check for Updates.
- Install any updates.
- Make sure your computer has the most recent graphics drivers.
- If your graphics card is manufactured by Nvidia, you can search for the latest drivers at: Nvidia Download Drivers
- If your graphics card is manufactured by AMD, you can search for the latest drivers at: AMD Drivers and Support
- If your graphics card is manufactured by Intel, you can search for the latest drivers at: Intel Download Drivers and Software
Windows 10 - Epic Games Launcher is unable to reinstall due to a previous installation
If you get this error message in Windows 10 you can use the app in this Microsoft Support article: Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed
Once you run the app, try installing the Epic Games Launcher again.
This will also fix the error 'The Epic Games Launcher Setup Wizard Ended Prematurely'
Epic Games Launcher Installation Fails or is Corrupted
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software.
- Run the Epic Games launcher installer.
- After you successfully install the Epic Games launcher, re-enable your antivirus software.