You can use the split-screen mode to play Fortnite: Battle Royale Duos and Squads on PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
Here is how to start a split-screen session:
- Start Fortnite.
Go to the Lobby.
Connect the second controller.
Select the second player's console account.
Once signed into their account, look at the bottom right corner and with the second controller, hold down the respective button to Log In (Triangle for PlayStation, A for Xbox).
The second player will log in and appear in the lobby.
Split-screen mode will automatically begin when you start a game.
If split-screen mode isn’t working as expected, check your internet connection. Split-screen mode will only work if your connection is stable.
- If one player disconnects or exits the match, then the split-screen session will end.
- Split-screen only works while in a match, and the lobby and sub-menus are not shared.
- Players can’t share inventory using split-screen mode.
- Both players must have the same language settings to play on split-screen.
- Split-screen mode is not supported on mobile devices, Nintendo Switch, PC platforms, Creative and Limited Time Modes, Save the World, Ranked Mode, or Solos.