Clearing the cache often resolves some display issues that may prevent you from using the Launcher or games. Follow these steps to clear your webcache:
Clearing the cache can solve some issues that may prevent you from playing.
The cache files contain information about previous uses of the launcher. Deleting these files, then letting the Launcher rebuild them again can sometimes fix issues like this.
- In the lower right corner click on the arrow pointing up (the chevron)
- Right-click on the Epic icon in the pop up window
- Select Exit
- Press the Windows key and tap the R key, this will open a run window
- Type %localappdata%
- Press the Enter key, this will open File Explorer
- Open the EpicGamesLauncher folder
- Open the Saved folder
- Right click and select delete on:
There may only be one or two of the files present
- Exit the Epic Games Launcher.
- Open Finder.
- Click on Go then Go to Folder...
- Type "~/Library/Caches/com.epicgames.EpicGamesLauncher" and press Enter.
- Drag the webcache folder to the Trash.
- Press control and click on Trash.
- Click on Empty Trash.
- Relaunch the Epic Games Launcher.
If this did not help solve the issue try the next step in our troubleshooting: How do I force Fortnite to use DirectX 11?