If your game freezes or crashes, we suggest hard rebooting your console. This will not delete any save data.
- Hold the PS button on your controller.
- From the Power menu, select Turn Off PS5.
- Wait until the PS5 power indicator light shuts off.
- Press and hold the power button on the console until you hear a second beep to enter Safe Mode.
This should take about 7 seconds.
- Connect your controller to the console using the USB cable
- Press the PS button.
- Navigate to the Clear Cache and Rebuild Database option using your controller.
- Select Clear System Software Cache.
- Select OK.
- Wait for the console to restart on its own.
- Start Rocket League.
If you are trying to solve a Load Failure error in Rocket League and this did not help, try the next step: How to back up Save Data on PlayStation to troubleshoot Rocket League Load Failure errors