Perform the following steps to disable a Steam Controller:
- In Steam, click the Big Picture Mode button in the upper-right corner.
This will open Steam in Big Picture Mode in full screen.
- Click the Library button.
- Select Rocket League.
- Click the Manage Game button in the left-hand column.
- Click the Controller Options button.
- Click the Steam Input Per-Game dropdown box.
- Select Forced Off.
- Launch Rocket League to confirm that your controller is recognized.
Note: If your input is still not being recognized, you may need to relaunch Rocket League.