Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation is useful for cleaning up the data as it reorganizes everything on the hard drive. This is a great thing to try if you’re experiencing issues such as game freezes or FPS drops.
- Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the Power Button on the front panel.
The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the Power Button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable.
- Press the PS button on the controller.
- Select Rebuild Database from the menu.
This scans the drive and creates a new database of all content.
This operation may take a while depending on the type and number of data items.